Stayed for a week in a two bedroom apartment with four adults and three kids.
The resort is big, well maintained and quiet enough. You are able to go everywhere at the resort by foot or free buses that run to parks and around the resort "20 minute" interwall (could mean anything from 5 to 50 minutes).
In the apartments you have everything you need to make and eat food, wash your laundry and so on. The only big downside is that the local shop is a poor one. You really need to go shopping for food with a car or a taxi - closest big foodstores are 10 minutes away.
Remember to use park-extensions while visiting Disney.
It's not a cheap one but good base to explore parks and swim on the pools or just lay down and relax on hot pools.
As a Finn I liked the idea of a lighthouse sauna - but if it's an sauna it should be hot, there should be more stones on the stove and you really should be able to throw water on stones on stove :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort