Disney's Old Key West Resort
$91
$76
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$187
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$261
$191
HotelsForEveryone
$170
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
$278
$212
$493
$391
Travelocity
2,712 results
All reviewshospitality housebedroom villamain poolturtle ponddowntown disneythe busolivia's restaurantdvc membersgurgling suitcasepeninsular roadmillers roadhospitality centerhospitality areasaratoga springsdisney vacation clubgrand villafull kitchen
Reviewed September 15, 2007

My family absolutely loved the Old Key West. The pool was a great place to cool off and we all enjoyed the water slide, (main pool). We stayed in building 64, apparently one of the few with an elevator. It was conveniently close to 2 bus stops, (a short walk), and close to the Hospitality House and main pool area. The staff was lovely and helpful. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was very spacious and the washer and dryer were awesome! For us, the value was incredible but that was because we were lucky enough to receive a free upgrade from Disney from the value resort to the Old Key West and it was awesome. We all agreed it would be really, really hard to go back to staying at the value resorts! The entire trip was a truly wonderful experience, beginning with the surprise upgrade culminating with fun and cool surprises at the parks connected with the Year of a Million Dreams. It really was the best trip to Disney we've had to date and we hope to be able to stay at Old Key West again. The only drawback that I can think of is that there is no food court and the only counter service options were slim and left something to be desired. We had the dining plan and after one meal at the hotel we attempted to get our meals elsewhere. We did not eat at Olivia's but heard from others that it wasn't great. On the upside, we enjoyed the boat ride to Downtown Disney, (counter service options there), and if you aren't on the dining plan, having a full kitchen is awesome! Even if you do have the dining plan, it was great to have the fridge for quick breakfasts in the room. In short, since the review isn't, the hotel was great, especially if you have a big family.

4  Thank gfam
Reviewed September 8, 2007

My family stayed at Old Key West from Aug 24-31. We are a family of 5 and stayed in a 2BDR unit. We arrived just before noon on the 24th, not only were we able to check-in early, but the process was quick and easy.
We were in Building 62 which is close to Hopsitality and the main pool. We found our unit to be clean and spotless. The kitchen is a full kitchen with appliances, pots, pans, and utensils. We took advantage of the refrigerator and stocked up on water, drinks etc.. Since Disney allows you to bring in drinks and snacks to the parks, we always had cold drinks with us. To stock up on groceries you can go the nearby Publix. There is also a Wal-Mart and Taget, but they are a little further away. We always ate breakfast in the unit and this saved us time in the morning especially on days we headed out to the parks.
The master bedroom has a king size bed and the second bedroom has 2 queens. My daughter's enjoyed having their own bedroom as well as their own television. The second bathroom was also great. The unit even had a patio with a patio table and chairs. From our room we could even see the nightly fireworks over at Epcot. The kids enjoyed watching the fireworks from the patio. The main pool is also great if you school aged children who will enjoy the "Mickey" slide. This pool does tend to get very busy and if you arrive late in the morning, you will have a hard time finding a chair especially under an umbrella.
We did have a rental car, but did use the Disney transportation to get to the parks. While some complain about the wait times; we found it to be reliable and efficient. We used it several days and we even hopped between 3 parks on one occasion and it was great. One suggestion, if you are staying close to Hospitality and don't mind a short walk, instead of getting off at the "Hospitality" stop get off at the "Peninsular" stop. The "Pensisular" stop is the first stop and is only a short walk to the units near Hospitality. It will take you less to walk back from this stop then to take the ride around the resort until you reach "Hospitality" which happens to be the last stop.
We also took advantage of the ferry service to Downtown Disney. The ferry departs about every 20 minutes and we found this be a great alternative to the bus as well as convenient.
Another tip for people staying on property, is if you purchase anything at Downtown Disney or the parks, have them ship it to the resort rather than you carry it around all day. Believe me, even for small purchases, cast members would ask, if I wanted it shipped. The pick-up is at the gift store "Conch's Flat". They say, items are there by 1:00 the next day, but I checked at noon and my parcel was there.
Another perk for people on property is the Disney Magic Extra Hours, either one hour extra in the morning or three hours extra at night. I believe, it is more beneficial to get there one hour earlier, when we did this, we did notice the parks were not busy at all. When we went to Magic Kingdom early, by 9:00, we had already been on 6 or 7 rides. It seems everyone takes advantage of the night hours, but very few take advantage of the extra morning hour.
Another suggestion would be to purchase the refillable mug. It's cost is $11.99 and can be refilled at "Goods to Go". They have a refillable station you can help yourself to.
If I had a complaint, it would be the size of the kitchen table. While the unit accomodates 8, the kitchen table barely accomodates 5.
All in all though, could not have asked for anything more. All the resort staff we dealt with were attentive and helpful which made our stay very enjoyable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank ecac
Reviewed August 24, 2007

We just returned from a great stay at DOKW. Our two bedroom villa was immaculate with plenty of room for two sets of adults and one active child. My parents had the master-suite with its king size bed, whirlpool tub, corner shower and access to the covered porch. They had plenty of privacy. We shared the large living and kitchen areas. Maid service was efficient. We had fresh towels, the dishwasher run and our recyclables removed daily. We were a short 5 minute walk to the village pool and took our car to the main pool by Hospitality House. A car really is a necessity if there is anyone in your party with difficulty walking longer distances. We had a scooter that made a world of difference for those longer walks. We would go back again. My son thinks that we could all live here!

Stayed: August 2007
5  Thank UpstateMom
Reviewed August 19, 2007

My 17 year old son and I stayed at the Old Key West resort in a studio room from August 14th until the 17th. I got the "summer" rate of $169.00 a night.

We arrived at the resort about 1:30 pm and we were greeted immediately and we were in our room 15 minutes later. We stayed in room 5210. It was towards the back of the resort which was fine with me since we had a car. The room was good sized and very clean. It was nice having a kitchenette in the room, so you could buy your own food and have at least one meal a day there. The central air conditioning was quiet and the room was a very comfortable temperature.

The bathroom was big and they had nicer soaps and toiletries than I have gotten in the other Disney resorts.

I used both the pool near our room and the main pool and they were both very well maintained. The main pool was quite noisy and the pool near our room was quiet and hardly anyone was there, which I liked. There were several different types of watercraft at the main pool area that you could rent and many people were taking advantage of that.

The only thing I didn't like about our room was that we were very near the bus stop in our section and they circle through the parking lot. During the day, you barely noticed it, but when I was trying to sleep, it was a little difficult. I found the bus service to be very quick when we used it. We never waited longer than 5 minutes, but we only used the bus service 4 times.

I would recommend this resort especially if you want a little extra room. This is a big resort, so if you do not have a rental car, you may not want to stay here.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank vickier
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Myself, my parents, 5 year old daughter, 7 year old niece and sister stayed here in July for 4 nights. We have been to WDW twice (staying at the Grand Floridian and Coronado the other times) but needed a larger place since we had a big party. I really liked Old Key West for several reasons.
1. The rooms were huge. We had a 2 bedroom and it was lovely. Nice sized bathrooms, a w/d, big living room and a nice kitchen and dining area. In addition, there was a lovely patio that overlooked the golf course. the girls liked to feed the ducks in the morning. Everything was very clean
2. Check in was very easy. The resort staff was lovely and always very helpful. We found out that our coffee maker didn't work and we received a new one within 20 minutes.
3. I'd recommend it for large groups. Plenty of space for the group to spread out.
4. Nice pools. I never made it to the pools, but the kids went with my mom and they loved them.

Drawbacks:
1. This is definitely a place where you need a car. We had to drive up to the main building b/c it was too far to walk.
2. The buses seemed very slow! I feel like we waited longer than necessary to grab a bus to the parks. The bus stops are numerous so it took a long time for the buses to get around.

Overall, we had a great experience with OKW. If I had a large group, I would definitely stay there again. If you're going with a small family, I would suggest a hotel closer to the parks, with tram or boat service.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family