I'm glad we spent a couple of extra bucks and stayed here. The only real negative was the onsite restaurant "Olivia's". I'll get to that in a little bit.
It was very clean and had a nice feeling to it. It was quiet and had nice, pretty grounds. It didn't have the hotel feeling to it because it's not. It felt like a vacation home. We had the smallest room, the Studio, and it was very nice and had more then enough room for me, my wife and four year old daughter. The pools were nice and they had lifeguards everywhere, which is obviously a great thing. The resort staff was very friendly and helpful, no problems at all. We almost stayed at the Swan or Carribean Beach Resort but am glad we "upgraded" to this. There's nothing wrong with liking the nicer things in life if you can afford it.
Now, here is the dining issue: We got the meal plan and although it's a deal if you were to order everything and pay for everything you get on it, it's TOO MUCH FOOD. It just keeps adding up day after day. On the table service meals, everyone gets an appitizer, dinner and desert. Hey, some people eat alot, but after EACH person getting an appitizer, we only ate half of our dinner and picked at the deserts. We ended up having 1 table service meal, 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks left over because we couldn't eat anymore. Each day you have to eat like a champ to make it worth it. So my advice is, unless you're big time eaters, skip the meal plan and just eat normal. You WILL SAVE money that way. STAY AWAY from OLIVIA'S at Old Key West. We went there the first night we got in because we were tired from traveling and didn't feel like going off site. Horrible service! They brought our daughter her little kiddie pizza and our appitizers out and we kept waiting for our entrees, all the while people who came in 30 minutes after us were getting their food. Our waiter seemed to be avoiding us and after a half hour I kept flagging him down. He said it be out soon. This went on for 20 MORE minutes and my wife and daughter left. I finally found the manager and he said they lost power in the kitchen and that was the problem. I mentioned everyone else getting their food except us. He didn't say much then. I then left. We talked to two other families that had a problem like ours the night before. STAY AWAY from Olivia's.
I would highly recommend OLD KEY WEST, it's very relaxing, just don't go to the restaurant there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort