Disney's Old Key West Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
2,703 results
All reviewshospitality housebedroom villamain poolturtle ponddowntown disneythe busolivia's restaurantdvc membersgurgling suitcasepeninsular roadmillers roadhospitality centerhospitality areasaratoga springsdisney vacation clubgrand villafull kitchen
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Halifax, NS
Reviewed July 16, 2006

THe accomodation (2 bedroom villa) was perfect for us: my wife and I and our young kids, my parents and my adult brother. We were fairly close to the Hospitality House (we were in building 20), which made busses easier, but far enough away that it was quiet. We could also use one of the small pools nearby, which often had only our family in it. The resort exceeded expectations. Our only disappointment was the food at Olivia's--the worst meal we had at Disney during the seven week stay. Recommend this location for larger family groups. Much more enjoyable than a typical hotel room!

• Stayed: July 2006
19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 8, 2006

My famliy (a 4 year old boy and a two year old boy plus my husband and myself) recently took advantage of the Florida resident special instead of staying at a different Disney resort for the same price. We were very diappointed for many reasons and had issues promptly upon arriving.
We requested a non smoking room and upon arrival was told all they had in a studio (the special) was a smoking room. We regrettfully accepted it and checked in. The room smelled HORRIBLE and my son was having breathing issues with it. We called the front desk and was told to call reservations. We called reservations and was told to call the front desk. The front desk rep was not very nice and insisted I had not requested non smoking and even if I did it was a request, not a guarantee (however the clerk who checked us in saw that I did request it). I was given the option of 1) losing my deposit ($190) and leaving, 2) paying an extra $90 to be upgraded to a 1 bedroom or 3) a handicapped room with no bathtub (I have 2 small kids to bathe). We drove all the way back to the front desk (yes, it is a very large resort and you have to either take a bus or drive unless you are in a close by building) and spoke to a manager who miraculously found us a non smoking room. This was not an isolated case as the people checking in next to us had this same issue.

I would not recommend this resort to families with very young kids because of the hassle of taking the bus or driving to get to the pool, park, gift shop, restaurant etc. with young kids in tow. We stayed at Port Orleans a few months ago and it was much more famliy friendly. There is very limited dining options at this resort as well, a counter service fast food place and a sit down restaurant. We liked the option of the food court at Port Orleans where there is a wide variety for even young kids and the fact that you could walk to get food, go to the pool, etc.

• Stayed: July 2006
23  Thank mskattii
A TripAdvisor Member
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed June 14, 2006

My family (husband, two daughters ages 21 & 18) have been DVC members since 1996 (best investment ever). We have a long history with Disney, having first visited WDW in April 1972. During these years we have stayed at the Polynesian, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness campground, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas, and our home resort, Old Key West.

We stayed one time as DVC members at Boardwalk Villas (studio and 2-bedroom - two adults, five teenagers!) and about 15 times at OKW with vacation duration from 5-10 days and with 2-19 people at a time. OKW is clearly superior to Boardwalk in terms of size of accommodations, convenience, and solitude. Our children and their friends did enjoy the Boardwalk for its nightlife. I adored (not!) being awakened at 2:00 a.m. by the lovely sound of sandblasting the boardwalk! Even with repeated complaints to the front desk, this continued until 3:15 a.m. despite assurances that it would only be a few minutes longer... I also absolutely HATED walking a mile with a weeks' worth of groceries for 7! At OKW, it's wonderful to park right outside your door, unload, and voila, your vacation is underway!

At OKW we have booked the studio, 1-BD, 2-BD, and Grand Villas; all were spacious and well-appointed. We have NEVER had a bad experience. It is nice knowing exactly what to expect with each and every visit. We have always found our rooms clean, albeit now slightly in need of updating. Love the full sized washer/dryer - I'll wash towels almost daily and never miss daily housekeeping; in fact, it's nice knowing you'll not be disturbed except on specified days. I also like going home with clean laundry - one less task to do once back in the "real world." Love the fully outfitted kitchen. We typically prepare our own breakfasts/lunches, and enjoy dinners out. The only on-site, full service restaurant, Olivia's, offers good food at reasonable prices. The "cast members" throughout the resort are cheerful and most truly seem to enjoy their jobs. We have never had a complaint about service, except perhaps that our room never seems to be ready before the posted check-in time. OKW is a large resort but quite beautiful with a real community feeling.

We are fortunate to have 600 annual points which will enable us to have a total of 5 visits in 2006 alone! We've enjoyed 3 visits already in 2006 and can't wait to be "welcomed home!" again in July and September.

Stayed: May 2006
26  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2006

Let me first say that I am accustomed to staying at the best 5 star hotels in the world. Through a friend's points at the Disney Vacation Club, I skeptically booked a reservation for a two bedroom villa at the Old Key West so that we could accommodate everyone in my group including my husband, two small children, and parents. I must admit, I was VERY pleased with the accommodations. The villas are very spacious and clean and have an excellent layout. The pool, waterslide, game room, ferry to Downtown Disney, and lobby with cartoons were a big hit with my kids. Everyone was happy, including myself. Sure, if I was taking a trip to Disney with grown ups only, I probably would have stayed at the Grand Floridian. But with small children, the value at this resort can not be beat. I even took a visit over to the Wilderness Lodge, another place that I would have considered staying. Although the lobby is impressive and grounds pretty, the overall ambience (and pool area) was better and more laid back at Old Key West. I would definitely stay there again. The only catch with staying at this resort as opposed to one on the monorail track is the need to take buses to the parks. Sometimes the wait was up to 20 minutes. Still, my stay was worth it, and I was very sad to leave. Choose this resort and you won't be sorry!

• Stayed: May 2006
21  Thank littlescientist
Reviewed May 18, 2006

We stayed one night at WDW's Old Key West Resort. I loved the resort but can only comment on the room--we were there such a short time, we did not get to enjoy the other resort benefits such as the pool, general store or restaurant.

Overall, it was a good stay. We had booked a studio but our guest services person at the front desk gave us a complimentary upgrade when I informed him that it was my 10th trip to WDW. I was quite pleased to enter my key into the door to find a king bedroom suite with a kitchen! Unfortunately, a strong fish odor was also present. However, the room was great! We made full use of the unit, including the kitchen, sleep sofa, jacuzzi tub, etc. The bathroom was HUGE and I had a wonderfully HOT HOT bath in the massive tub that night (much appreciated after travelling all day with 2 little ones!) Our bed was comfortable as was our room (once we found the A/C controls). One thing it took forever to find was the TV in the living room--hint to the naive, like me, it is hidden inside the bottom cabinets of the Kitchen Island!! My 4 year old was thrilled when we found that on the 2nd day.

I liked the layout of the resort and our room (#5321) was a very quiet room. We did not use WDW transportation only because we were traveling with an infant & a bulky stroller. The pool & playground looked great and I wish we'd arrived earlier to take advantage of it.

I would recommend this resort without question. We had no cleanlieness problems at all in our room other than the cooking smell, which a little Febreeze could have taken care of no problem. HOWEVER, this is NOT A NEW resort and while everything was very clean and in good condition, if you prefer a NEWER looking hotel, this will not suit you. I loved the huge bathroom, full-sized washer/dryer and generously sized rooms. I understand that WDW's newer timeshare units are SMALLER than the rooms at this resort.

• Stayed: April 2006