These are the first words you will here upon your arrival and believe me they are very appropriate.
We arrived, my wife, daughter and parents. We was given a 2 bedroom villa close to the Hospitality House as requested. We was also given a ground floor villa which I had my doubts about regarding the security of my 3 year old as I feared she may be able to walk out of the villa and into grounds via the patio area. I was informed by the Receptionist that if we were unsattisfied in any way then don't hesitate to inform her and she will attempt to resolve the issue. So off we went to our accomodation.
We opened the door and immediately thought aloud "WOW". You cannot but appreciate the space provided that is unless your are used to 5 star hotels! The villa was very spacious and clean. Everything was fresh and as a bonus for me we ahd a view looking over the water onto a par 3 green on the LBV golf course.
Now, for any of you that have stayed in Disney property before I will try to make comparisons (we have only stayed at POP Century Value Resort & Caribbean Beach Moderate Resort before). The bedroom containing the 2 double beds with toilet, double sink, bath & shower is roughly the same size as the room in POP. The master bedroom containing the biggest bed I have ever slept in my life with accompanying jacuzzi, sink, toilet, double sink and walk-in shower is probably 11/2 times bigger than a standard room in Caribbean Beach. Add to this balcony/patio, kitchenette, washing machine, drier, closet and a large living area this place is like being at home except it has AC which is a must. As it transpired the patio area was enclosed so had no concerns regarding my daughter's safety. Later the same eveining reception rang to check if we were satisfied with the accomodation and to see if we needed anything, now thats customer service.
There is a TV in the main living area as well as one in each of the bedrooms. The 3 seater sofa in the living area folds out into bed if required leaving a futher 2 seater sofa to sit on. There is also a dining table and chairs set for meal times.
The kitchenette comes complete with fridge/freezer, cooker, coffee maker, cups, glasses other utensils, cutlery and crockery. A word for UK tarvellers especially, there is NO kettle to make your cuppa with. We went to Walmart for supplies and purchased an old whistle type kettle there for around $8 !
Old Key West is a huge site and I must advise that you view a map and attempt to recommend your preference regarding your villa location in advance of booking.
There is an onsite general store, sit down restaurant, counter service take-away service and bar.
The pool is big and has a lovely sand castle theme about it including a water slide. There is also a whirpool and play area along with tennis courts.
I must recommend that should you decide to go to Downtown Disney for an evening then please make use of the resort ferry service. It is about a 10 minute boat ride that is relaxing and hassle free. The ferry accomodates prams/strollers and is accessible to the disabled (this includes the use of an ECV).
Ps. for all of you who travel with cameras, camcorders etc. there are more than enough plug sockets available in the villa to charge a number of items at once.
Old Key West is situated a short distance from Downtown Disney and if you drive like myself is ideally situated for access to all parks and the I4 and 535 and 536. The reosrt is clean, pleasant, quiet and vast. There is so much space it is unbelievable.
We cannot understand bad reviews of this resort and did not see anything that we could have complained about. This place is a paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort