Our family arrived at Old Key West on June 17th. We quickly unpacked and left to keep up with our plans for that day. I noticed that it seemed to be quite warm in the villa. However, we went to a park, returned and left to go to the Medievial dinner and show. Returning to the Villa around 10p.m. it was very warm. We went to bed, got up on the 18th. and it was very hot. We left to get to a park early. My husband and I returned to the Villa and found it to now be about 80 degrees. We called the desk. Day shift maintenance foreperson (a woman) arrived after a while. She started to work on the a.c.
We left. We came back around 6:45 p.m. It was now 82 degrees. 2nd. shift Foreman, arrived after our call. He said that he knew nothing about the problem. Finally around midnight the a.c. was fixed. My husband and I both broke out in some kind of rash. My husband's got better after we left. Mine got worse. Another family who only had a problem with one bedroom not getting a.c. were given box a.c.'s, and lots of other goodies. When we checked out, the day shift manager told me that it would do no good to write a letter or send an e-mail as it would only be forwarded to the maintenance dept. so we had better settle up with her. She then proceded to offer us a $250.00 credit toward our next stay at WDW. For the sake of brevity, I have not mentioned all of the problems that we had at Old Key West. We did not accept the $250.00 credit because if you have just spent a vacation in hell, who wants to go back to hell again?? People are not treated the same at this place. Just as the Manager said, the letter that I wrote did not get a response. This is suppose to be a Magical place???? The Hampton Inns where we stayed for much less money on the rest of our trip were much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort