Ok so I will list my complaints first and then write the good stuff. First of all, the resort is HUGE so we were thankful to be near the hospitality house (Check in, pool, activities, etc..) and we didn't have to walk far. The food avail here was so so. Olivia's was good but service was slow. It took us 2 hours with 4 ancy kids to get through dinner. The Quick Service option at Gurgling Suitcase was yucky. The meals tasted like they were all premade, seemed like they were low on staff and both times we ate here, they forgot numerous items in our orders. The whole process with the Disney refillable mug is a rip off. We received our mugs free with the dining plan but did not use them bc the line to get them filled was about 10 minutes long! Why can't Disney come up with a better solution to this? Plus you can't even use them at the parks. They are a waste. The pool really needs a closer bar. The bar is far to walk to and so are the bathrooms. Finally, the housekeeping was less than stellar. I understand that they don't come everyday but when they did come the one time, all they did was empty 2 garbage cans. We washed all our own towels and made our own beds bc housekeeping did not. We found an old plate with grease stains under the pull out couch. No fun towel animals for the kids, either. One other piece of advice, do not waste your money on Disney Floral. I ordered a birthday bouquet to be ready for us at check in at 4:30pm for my daughter's 8th bday. We did not receive it until 8:30 at night! By then she was tired and didn't care much. I felt I wasted $57 on that.
Ok so the good?? Well we had a 2 bedroom villa and it was SO big!! I seriously could live there. The decor isn't anything spectacular but we didn't care. We had 8 people and were very comfortable. The pool was nice and the slide was fun. My kids loved the poolside games with the staff. The community hall room was a big hit. They made a bunch of crafts and played xbox. We also rented the surrey bikes. They were neat but not a lot of area to ride. You can't ride in the street or on golf paths. You will not need more than a half hour on these. The gift shop was nice and offered many DVC member items so that was cool! The boat ride over to Downtown Disney was so relaxing but lets you off in Pleasure Island. We do all our shopping near the Lego store so we decided to take the bus back. That was a mistake with Saturday night Orlando traffic! The busses seemed to be fairly regular but maybe a little less of them as usual. We had A LOT of problems with our bands but the staff at OKW was always helpful and friendly. They did more than enough for us to make sure we were happy. We are excited to come back again to OKW this fall!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort