This has to be one of the best Disney Resorts we have stayed at. Upon our arrival we checked-in in less than ten minutes and taken by the bell service to our villa. We booked a one bed villa but were given a two bedroom one in block 37 - no idea why but thanks very much.
......and what a villa. Huge master bedroom / spa tub / 4 sinks / shower room / another double bedroom / full / kitchen / mass of storage etc etc .Wow
Everyday mousekeeping did an excellent job and the little touches with the towels and my daughters' toys were so much appreciated. We spoke to Sandie (housekeeping manager) who popped in to see if all was o.k. - no complaints just compliments
There are a lot of negatives on here about buses / food etc.
Buses - run as frequently as any buses in WDW - miss one, so wait a few minutes, not the end of the world.
Rooms are far away
- no they are not - our room was about a 10 min walk to the Hospitality House and it was a lovely way to start or finish the day. Again it doesn't hurt and will do a lot of you a world of good and may even make a start on the US obesity problem which is alive and well
Olivia's is a great restaurant and like everything in Disney staffed by attentive friendly people.
Goods to Go offers simple take out which is limited but you have to remember this is not an hotel as such but a vacation club so most vacationers will have a car load of food to stock up their fridge and cupboards. If you want food courts - try All Stars etc ...
We went to a couple of Character Breakfasts and had no problems with early transport. We were in the parks and to the restaurants long before our scheduled time - this was same for extra magic hours.
I would recommend staying here anytime - we would go back tomorrow. This is not our first Disney hotel - we can compare it to : All Stars / Dixie Landings / Animal Kingdom Lodge / Caribbean Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort