“Relaxing and Friendly!”

Disney's Old Key West Resort
Ranked #71 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We love The Old Key West atmosphere. You are in Disney but it is a great escape from the parks and the crowds. The boat ride to Downtown Disney for dinner is a fun activity. We have stayed in all size accommodations and the room sizes are the biggest in the park. I wish our Grand Villa had queen or king size beds in every room (one room has two full size beds). Our grandson felt the pull out chair bed was very comfortable. For 12 plus an infant it was great! We certainly made use of the washer and dryer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by a pool. The quiet pools are great but the big pool has more activities.
1  Thank dvcfan2
Write a ReviewReviews (2,677)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stayed at Old Key West several times and love that it has more of a resort feel that is not so crowded. Staying at Old Key West is a nice respite / escape from the sensory overload that is Disney. This time we stayed in a 3-bedroom villa. The space was great for 6 people! I did think some of the housekeeping standards had slipped as I found more dust than normal and some hair in the bathroom. We had two big problems that never got resolved during our stay: 1) The HVAC system was not regulated properly. It would be boiling hot in the master bedroom on the first floor and freezing cold in the rest of the unit. We called several times to have this repaired, but it was never satisfactorily resolved. 2) One of the bathrooms in the upstairs bedrooms would consistently run if you flushed it. Once again, it was never properly resolved. Upon checking out I spoke with the property manager who told me I should have escalated my complaints to the management since they weren't properly resolved. She was very nice and ended up compensating me for the poor conditions by redepositing some of my vacation timeshare points back into my account. I was glad they took my concerns seriously and they could tell from their records that I had repeatedly called about the problems. I trust they will do better next time and have already booked a return trip. Like I said, this was the first time I ever had any problems with this resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kristyn F
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in old key west from 4th feb to 20th Feb 2013 first arrived on Disney transport and we had our shopping delievered it was waitin for us we jumped on a large golf cart n took us to our beautiful room one problem was we had black slime in the sink and I rang about it n it did take a day as they was unsure what I ment, the 2 beadroom villa was large and the rooms was beautiful clean, we all had extra pillows n did!nt need for anything washing liquid, dishwasher tablets, coffee, tea, suger even wash powder. We was in middle floor n I can say was peaceful we was in block 27 I think next to a bus stop but we always walked to the main bus stop bus service was great snacks to go was also really good for snacks n quick serve meals we had a dining plan wow we struggles to eat as much as we did we had a dinner service a quick serve n a snack n we dined at 1900 park fair, chef Mickey, Tusker house, hoop de hoop show, sanara Restarant . Hollywood n vine, askasu, aloha show, futon crab house , cinderellas castle on valentines night all meals was amazing, I had my phone cheakin the quick serve meals to see which was best for ya money I loved be our guest my tuna Nicosia salads was the best meal I ate all holiday, take coffee n tea bags with u n ask for a cup of hot water for baby's bottle in the parks we never brought a hot drink, we celebrated my daughters 15th on holiday nearly every meal n day, we took them to the pirates make over in magic kingdom n they loved it, we brought the photo package before we went n got all photos included which was a money saver, any questions I m happy to help inbox me

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Belsasinger
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We decided to stay at Old Key West as a change from our other favorite Disney hotels. It was a mistake. OKW has none of the "Disney" character and charm. The studio room was just an average room not in good condition. We could easily hear our neighbors. There was trash left on the stairs for the entire visit. Housekeeping did not show-up until 4:55 pm. The bus and boat service were terrible and we often walked the 15 minutes to get to the main building to avoid more time on the bus. Although Downtown Disney is close by, it took us 90 minutes to get back one evening. At the only onsite restaurant, Olivia's, we had a terrible breakfast and avoided eating at the resort after that.I can see why a family that needs lots of room and has a car might like this place. But if you are depending on Disney transportation, this is not the best resort. Plus it felt like we were visiting "Grandma's condo" in some development, and we missed the Disney experience. When we told OKW we wanted to change resorts, they were great at making the switch. So I do give the staff an excellent rating for accommodating our move.

1  Thank SueM722
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed at the Old Key West several times now.
It is a LARGE spread out resort. The rooms (we get a two bedroom villa) are huge!
I've been told that Disney has stated that it would NEVER build rooms this large again, but we love the space! There is a fulll kitchen and laundry area. Two seprate bedrooms and apull out sleeper in the LR. We are lucky to have a "friend' who helps us book some very great stays. The biggest sell for me is that I can park my car right outside my door so its easy to get groceries into my room. Other Disney resorts, though very nice, have parking that seems to be half a mile from my room...which is a real time waster.
The only recommendation I have for the Old Key West would be to keep the retail shop which sells ice cream treats open until midnight. I like a little treat before going back to my room, but often dont want desert immediately after dinner. They close at 11PM.
Anyhow, enough about my poor late night eating antics...this place is fabulous and spacious!
Go book your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are near a pool so you really cant lose. The rear has a patio and you can watch golfers pa...
1  Thank AVOIDMLKWEEKEND
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice. The problem is the rooms are old and run down. The room feels dirty. Despite asking the housekeeper for extra towels she still only have us 4. For 8 people. The resort is too far and the busses are slow.

Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TravellingFamily1
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

By far room 4414 is the worst I have stayed at Disney. The room is dark with cheap furniture. There is mildew on the windows, there is no sound barrier, the busses run every 2 minutes next to the room up to 2 am, you can hear all the conversations in the room next door. Disney shows you their best units to sell vacation clubs then when you get the room it is like a cheap motel

• Stayed: March 2013