New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“My dream family holiday lived up to Disney expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Old Key West Resort

Disney's Old Key West Resort
Ranked #71 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
“My dream family holiday lived up to Disney expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in old key west from 4th feb to 20th Feb 2013 first arrived on Disney transport and we had our shopping delievered it was waitin for us we jumped on a large golf cart n took us to our beautiful room one problem was we had black slime in the sink and I rang about it n it did take a day as they was unsure what I ment, the 2 beadroom villa was large and the rooms was beautiful clean, we all had extra pillows n did!nt need for anything washing liquid, dishwasher tablets, coffee, tea, suger even wash powder. We was in middle floor n I can say was peaceful we was in block 27 I think next to a bus stop but we always walked to the main bus stop bus service was great snacks to go was also really good for snacks n quick serve meals we had a dining plan wow we struggles to eat as much as we did we had a dinner service a quick serve n a snack n we dined at 1900 park fair, chef Mickey, Tusker house, hoop de hoop show, sanara Restarant . Hollywood n vine, askasu, aloha show, futon crab house , cinderellas castle on valentines night all meals was amazing, I had my phone cheakin the quick serve meals to see which was best for ya money I loved be our guest my tuna Nicosia salads was the best meal I ate all holiday, take coffee n tea bags with u n ask for a cup of hot water for baby's bottle in the parks we never brought a hot drink, we celebrated my daughters 15th on holiday nearly every meal n day, we took them to the pirates make over in magic kingdom n they loved it, we brought the photo package before we went n got all photos included which was a money saver, any questions I m happy to help inbox me

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Belsasinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (712)
New London, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We decided to stay at Old Key West as a change from our other favorite Disney hotels. It was a mistake. OKW has none of the "Disney" character and charm. The studio room was just an average room not in good condition. We could easily hear our neighbors. There was trash left on the stairs for the entire visit. Housekeeping did not show-up until 4:55 pm. The bus and boat service were terrible and we often walked the 15 minutes to get to the main building to avoid more time on the bus. Although Downtown Disney is close by, it took us 90 minutes to get back one evening. At the only onsite restaurant, Olivia's, we had a terrible breakfast and avoided eating at the resort after that.I can see why a family that needs lots of room and has a car might like this place. But if you are depending on Disney transportation, this is not the best resort. Plus it felt like we were visiting "Grandma's condo" in some development, and we missed the Disney experience. When we told OKW we wanted to change resorts, they were great at making the switch. So I do give the staff an excellent rating for accommodating our move.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SueM722
POCONOS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have stayed at the Old Key West several times now.
It is a LARGE spread out resort. The rooms (we get a two bedroom villa) are huge!
I've been told that Disney has stated that it would NEVER build rooms this large again, but we love the space! There is a fulll kitchen and laundry area. Two seprate bedrooms and apull out sleeper in the LR. We are lucky to have a "friend' who helps us book some very great stays. The biggest sell for me is that I can park my car right outside my door so its easy to get groceries into my room. Other Disney resorts, though very nice, have parking that seems to be half a mile from my room...which is a real time waster.
The only recommendation I have for the Old Key West would be to keep the retail shop which sells ice cream treats open until midnight. I like a little treat before going back to my room, but often dont want desert immediately after dinner. They close at 11PM.
Anyhow, enough about my poor late night eating antics...this place is fabulous and spacious!
Go book your stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are near a pool so you really cant lose. The rear has a patio and you can watch golfers pa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AVOIDMLKWEEKEND
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The staff is very nice. The problem is the rooms are old and run down. The room feels dirty. Despite asking the housekeeper for extra towels she still only have us 4. For 8 people. The resort is too far and the busses are slow.

Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank TravellingFamily1
Los Altos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

By far room 4414 is the worst I have stayed at Disney. The room is dark with cheap furniture. There is mildew on the windows, there is no sound barrier, the busses run every 2 minutes next to the room up to 2 am, you can hear all the conversations in the room next door. Disney shows you their best units to sell vacation clubs then when you get the room it is like a cheap motel

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank wwtrav
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After spending three nights at Old Key West in December we just had to have more! This time, we went without kids for six nights and had even more fun. The food at Olivia's was so good that we ate there twice. The main pool felt so good in the cool temps. The room was again very clean and comfortable. The boat service to Downtown Disney was quick and informative as the Captain told us about the new plans for the area. The buses were easy to catch and allowed us to enter the parks early for the extra magic hour which is the best idea in the world! We will go back in May as we had such a great time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goOUgo
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The resort was quiet and well spread out, however we highly recommend asking to stay near the main lobby and pool area. Theming was ok, not as fun as AKL or WL, but nice if you could care less about the theming. Some buildings are near busy roads, so ask for something near main building.

Room Tip: Ask for room near lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family