As a Disney Vacation Club member for over 10 years, our hotel of choice is usually the Boardwalk.
Because of EPCOT's Food and Wine festival, it was not available for the number of nights we requested. We chose OKW as we had stayed there when my now teenage kids were younger.
We were lucky to have left our devastation in NY after Sandy (the trip was planned in advance) and walked into our huge two bedroom with heat, hot water, and electricity (TV and internet as well!) We felt truly spoiled.
The room was not close to the hospitality house. That did not matter to us as we had rented a car. We loved the convenience of driving up to our room, which was located, at our request, on the first floor. I would recommend a higher floor to those of you who might not want to hear people above you, as only the bedrooms are carpeted.
We were close to a bus stop, which was easy when we decided to split up our daily activities.
Room was extremely spacious. It can probably accommodate up to 8 people and we were only 4. Everything was neat, clean, and in working order. Patio overlooked a lake with a fountain and was nice to sit with a cup of morning coffee.
Our plans for March are for the Boardwalk, but I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are with a larger group, have a car, or want a relaxing, peaceful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort