2 adults 2 girls 9yrs 7 yrs their first Florida trip. On friends advice paid the fairly hefty upgrade for 1 bed apartment. Soo glad it was bliss. Washing machine/ dryer so useful . Large jacuzzi bath just the trick for aching feet. Beds even sofabed v comfy .We had a car so didn't mind where it was but glad we asked for high floor, v quiet. Tried to phone hotel for room choice few weeks before but they couldn't help said only via your travel agent unless you booked directly with hotel. The place is huge can see why those rooms close to reception highly prized . Was worried it might not feel disney went mainly for the free dining . However we went to numerous disney hotels for dining and to use their quick service restaurants for a change ALL of us agreed we preferred ours for its less hectic , friendly and very pretty setting.
For us disney dining was part of the fun but I spend hours researching the numerous restaurants beforehand and booked within a few days of the allowed 180 days. Tried to change nearer the time but no availability so stuck with plan . We were somewhat ruled by our dining reservations first week but the likes of Fulton crab, flying fish and royal castle meant it was well worth it . Having run out of table service by end of 2nd week we had plenty( in fact didn't use all since they were often v large and easy to get 1 adult and use for 2 kids . They don't check at the moment if its adult or child meal for counter service.) counter services to use for dinner this meant we could be more flexible by then . If you are planning to eat at different hotels best to have hire car other ways have to travel to a park and get bus to hotel from there . Do able but suspect time consuming . Was the driest holiday my husband and I have had for years due to this and the cost of a glass of wine ! Helped keep the weight down since the desserts especially key lime pie were often delicious . Strange that it seemed cocktails often cheaper than a glass of wine in Florida .
Used the magic hours especially the late ones a lot spend the days seeing shows and quieter rides and i went to outlets while others went to disney quest or water park . Most we ever Queued was 30mins this way. Gutted they are reducing the magic hours next year .
Hotel v well positioned for parks and v close to downtown disney nice to get a boat there . Halloween day saw free activities most if day at hotel great for us to have a chilling day by the pool . thought they were going to burst with joy at the amount of American candy they were given at the trick and treat stations .
As you can probably tell we had a ball, have already but deposit for same type room at this hotel next oct .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort