Disney's Old Key West Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$199
$123
$111
$212
$285
$240
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$170
$368
$313
2,716 results
All reviewshospitality housebedroom villamain poolturtle ponddowntown disneythe busolivia's restaurantdvc membersgurgling suitcasepeninsular roadmillers roadhospitality centerhospitality areasaratoga springsdisney vacation clubgrand villafull kitchen
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

My family and I - 2 parents, 2 grandparents and 2 Grandkids - frequently stay here. Plenty of room to stay together vs. having to get multiple rooms. The living areas here are gigantic, plenty of room to spread out and relax. There is even enough room to bring a friend along.
The trade off to the large rooms is that the property, although beautiful and well equipped, is not as good as some of the other Disney Villas like Animal Kingdom or Saratoga Springs. Those gave numerous on property events, shopping and eateries. Key West has all of those things... Just more compact. Again, trade off for having such a large room in my opinion.
We stay here the most in cooler months when we are not using the pools and such, but instead spend most of the day in parks. It's great to go back to the Villa and settle in to a comfy spacious "home".

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Ann G
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We came here for our 25th wedding anniversary and had saved and planned for years. We both have extremely busy lives and wanted a little peace. We requested a quit high room. What we actually got was a ground floor room backing in the main road! We complained and tried to switch but was only offered a worse alternative. We also had to endure listening to a personal phone conversation about our receptionists first day! They were unwilling to accommodate us. This meant we have suffered buses and motorbikes roaring all night, transport buses running from very early and the floors must be very thin as I can hear them peeing upstairs!

The room itself was excellent in size but not sure it had been renovated. The floor corners were pretty grimey and the floors weren't cleaned well. Overall it was ok but but if I had paid £10,000 for this as part of vacation club I would not be happy!

We had a one bedroom villa. It was spacious enough for a family of 4 but any more would be a real squeeze. The sofa bed was ok but soggy in the middle and clearly the mattress needed replacing.
The resort is massive. We had to use the car to get a coffee from the coffee machine.

The boat transport to Downtown Disney is lovely! It's a great relaxing way to take a trip there. Olivia's restaurant is nice. Good food and friendly service. The concierge team were always very helpful more so than the reception staff!

I'm afraid I agree with a previous review about the Turtle Shack snack shack. We waited 40 mins for a drink refill and then gave in.

This is a nice resort but I really don't think it's worthy of its 'luxury' status. Coronado springs was a much nicer resort.

In summary, make sure you study the resort map before you go and try and insist on a room away from the main road!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank NessBPortsmouth
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spend a weekend around this time ever year, and typically stay at the Boardwalk Resort since our purpose is to go to EPCOT's Food and Wine Festival and the Boardwalk is one of the closest resorts to EPCOT. This year we weren't able to get reservations in on a timely manner. So we opted for Old Key West Resort in one of the 2 bedroom condos.
WOW! the condo was very large. We had 5 adults and one infant and it was more than perfect. It even had a highchair and pack 'n play for our child! The resort is very nice and convenient (via boat) to Downtown Disney. For our purpose (EPCOT) it was a little inconvenient - or maybe we've been so spoiled staying at the Boardwalk!
The cons were that we were so far away from the hospitality suite, that we would have to wait for a bus to pick us up near our "pod" of condos and then switch buses at the hospitality suite. In that sense, you just had to prepare in advance (time wise) for what you were going to do that day and include time for the buses.
I think it's perfect for what it is meant/built for - a vacation club. But for a quick weekend getaway I felt that we spent a lot of time waiting for transportation.
The actual condo was nice, clean, spacious and I would stay there again! Olivia's was good for a sit down resturant and the convenient general store had the basics to get us through!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dmfnole
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our problems began as soon as we arrived. We were taken to our room in a golf buggy and to our surprise it was a studio. The porter wanted to leave us there even when we told him that we had paid for a one bedroom suite. We then had to call reception and plead with the porter to stay so that he could take us back. Reception said they would call us back and they didn't so we went back to reception with the porter.

This was then followed by calls from reception to Disney UK to try and confirm that we should indeed have a one bedroom, even though we had all the paperwork to confirm this. They then told us, while waiting for confirmation that we may not be able to stay in OKW as they were full.

At this point I got very upset because I had just spent 10 hours on a plane, one hour on a coach and was very anxious because we had picked OKW over the other DVC resorts for the size of the lounge area, as we were getting married in WDW and had photographers, hair and makeup people, steamers and videographers all to fit in the suite before the wedding. I was then left to cry in reception without any news for about 20 minutes before another manager came over to try and help. Although without the information required they could not confirm anything. Around one hour later they told us we could have a one bedroom suite and would be in the preferred DVC area as there was no room elsewhere.

Finally we got settled in our room which was amazing. We have stayed in regular WDW rooms before and you can't compare them. Especially with the recent upgrade. The lounge was large, the facilities in the kitchen and laundy were excellent and the jacuzzi bath was a real highlight for our honeymoon. Plus the huge bed was super comfortable.

If the problem with the room at check-in had been the only problem I might have been able to forgive them. However, two days after our WDW wedding I realised that a cleaner has taken my travel box for my wedding dress and now had no way of transporting it safely home as hand luggage.

As soon as we noticed it was missing we notified the front desk who did search for it but could not find it. They then attempted to make a cardboard box but this had giant metal staples on the inside which would seriously damaged my dress. So, I refused this and asked for an exact replacement. They searched and could not find one in the US. So looked at my provider in the UK, but this may not have arrived in time and would cost a considerable amount to ship to WDW.

Finally they offered to re-imburse the cost of a new hand luggage sized suitcase which would fit my wedding dress.

Following both of the above dramas, we were bombarded with gifts of champagne, champagne flutes, wedding merchandise including picture frames, ear hats, silver items and chocolates, to ease the tension, which was a nice gesture.

So, would I recommend OKW? If you weren't getting married at WDW then yes, but a lot seemed to go wrong here and during your wedding is not a time when you need any extra problems.

Although I would say the wedding at the Yacht Club went smoothly and was the best day we ever could have hoped to have.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ManUniGrad
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at Disney's Old Key West Resort for the first time and wow, how awesome it was. It was me, my wife and 5 yr old son. We stayed in a Studio Room with 2 beds. The room was big enough for us and very comfortable. The bathroom was big enough and it was very helpful to have a small fridge, coffee maker and sink to wash dishes. Also in the cuphoard above the coffee maker was paper plates and plastic spoons, forks and knives. Also mugs for coffee. These were great to have for snacks that we had while in the room.
We spent all day at the parks and the rooms were great for relaxing between park visits and very comfortable when returning from a long day. The surroundings are quiet and peaceful and the grounds are very well kept. We also had a bus stop just a short walk away from our room.
From the moment we got there up to the last minute until we left, the staff mad eus feel like we were at home. It really made us feel good when the guard at the fromt gate said to us when we got there, "Welcome home."
Distance form parks was good. Yes the resort is a distance from Animal Kingdom, but with the other 3, it normally took around 10 minutes. If you wanted to go to Downtown Disney, then the access by boat was great. All in all this resort was awesome. Relaxing, comfortable and very nice. Rooms are clean and up to date, beds are comfortable. It helped that we did online check-in becasue we were able to have a ground floor room and close to the Hospitality House. Our back porch over looked the golf course.
If we go back to Disney, then I would definitely try to stay here again. Very pleased. Well done Disney Resorts.

Room Tip: Do online check-in. It gives you a chance to choose two options that you may want with your room. We did it and got both of the options we asked for.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family