“a wonderful time”

Ranked #71 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Sydney, Australia
“a wonderful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2007

This was a wonderful place. We had a wonderful time. we had a 2 bedroom unit which was enourmous. both kids had queen beds and we had king. The bathrooms and lounge/kitchen were big.

The overall disney experience was very good, with the busses which came regularly and lots to do everywhere.

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank tobey4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (760)
Charleston, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2007

We recently stayed there: 5 adults & 1 child under 6. It was a perfect place because our condo had 2 large bedrooms. One King and the other with 2 queens. Lovely accommodations, full kitchen and very well equiped.
We stayed in units 26, near the bus stop & community pool and hospitality house. Nice convenience to run to market for extras.
The only complaint was the pull out sofa in the place was uncomfortable to sleep on. Needs to be replaced with a new mattress.... Not much seating in the living area either.
One full sofa, one love seat and one uncomfortable side chair.
I will return to this resort in a heart beat. The service & cleanliness was great and our views of the lagoons & golf course was wonderful.

• Liked — Convience, quiet location
  • Disliked — Buses could be more frequest.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank mamagoogoo
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

We have now stayed at Disneys Old Key West a number of times and we are never disappointed.
We are members of the Disney Vacation Club and find that this resort is very convenient and family friendly. The accomodation here tends to be larger than most of the other vacation club resorts as it was the initial resort built for the club.
On this occasion we stayed in two studio apartments with my wife and myself our two children and grandma and grandad. It worked well for us as the kids took it in turns to sleep in the different rooms. The studios are larger than average hotel rooms with two large double beds and a kitchenette with sink, fridge, microwave and all plates cutlery etc.
We have previously stayed in one and two bedroom vacation homes on the resort and these are ideal for larger families with a full lounge area and kitchen with all the equipment you would need.
The pool area is very good for families with a slide and plenty of beds to relax on. There is also plenty to do with sports and games available at Hank's. Also activities are available run by the cast members including lanyard and teddy bear decorating.
The resort has a good link to the Downtown area via boat and also all the parks are accesible via the disney buses. You do however tend to wait a long time for the buses on occasions as it takes a while for them to drive around the winding streets of the resort.
The cast members are always very frindly and helpful as you would expect from a disney resort.
I would strongly recommend this resort to people wanting to stay at a Disney resort.

• Stayed May 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank bobbySouthYorkshire
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2007

Recently stayed at OKW for a 2 night sandwich stay between the Contemporary and Yacht Club Resorts. Was assigned a room along Miller's Road area - building #22 right at the end of the roadway on the ground floor - I had a 1 bedroom lockoff as I needed to do some major middle of the trip laundry.

The area was quite quiet as I was at the end of the interior resort road - there was some road noise from Bonnett Creek Parkway but nothing to be concerned about. The room had a great view over the golf course in the back and like all 1 BR units at OKW, it is very large.

The room was very clean and I was quite pleased with it. The bed was comfortable and all appliances/water fixtures were in ship shape working order. The couches have seen better days though and seem to have gotten soft and the upholstery is showing some wear and tear from age or overuse or both.

The transportation was quite efficient with a max waiting time for the bus of about 15 minutes with some under 10 minutes regardless of destination. Building #22 is secluded and a bit of a walk to the bus stop on Miller's Road. The quiet pool near Buildings 19/20 is nice for a quick dip (there are laundry facilities there as well for those who have Studio units) and a small playground as well.

Check-in was very very friendly, pleasant and efficient as was the food counter service at Goods to Go. Overall this stay exceeded my expectations.

• Liked — Spacious rooms and great landscaping
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank Jason Koulouras
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

Sorry I didn't post this sooner. Starting to plan for next years trip already. Rented points from an owner and stayed at OKW from 5/2/07 till 5/12/07. It was me and my daughter and my friend and his daughter. Excellent resort. Loved the people that worked there. Always willing to help. Room was nice. The microwave and toasteroven really came in handy. We ate breakfast in our room every morning. The resort itself is very well kept. The pool was nice and so was the restaurants. Really liked taking the boat to downtown Disney. Transportation was never really a problem,maybe because we were there in May. Starting in 2008 have to go when my daughter is out of school,when everyone else goes. Oh well. Any questions drop me a line

• Liked — The proximity to everything
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank Scottneon
Massapequa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

Old Key West is a beautiful timeshare property, which we own. I have always had nothing but positive things to say until my trip in February 2007, and July 2007. The housekeeping has really slipped. I had complained in February, and before I returned in July, I contacted them and explained that I have asthmatic children that have been hospitalized, and cleanliness was a large issue. When I walked into the room, it hadn't even been vacuumed. I called again, they apologized and asked us if we could leave for them to do a thorough cleaning. After the thorough cleaning, there were still chair legs with hanging dust, and the rack over the washer and dryer with huge clumps of dust. I didn't want to waste anymore of my vacation, so I took care of it myself. This resort is absolutely one of my favorites, and I certainly hope that they resolve this issue, because everything else is wonderful there.

• Liked — The entire atmosphere.
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank blessedmomoffour
Henderson, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2007

This is a very relaxing place to stay.

If you can do it, get yourself a 1 bedroom suite. The full kitchen is great, the verandah is wonderful, there's a jacuzzi tub, and a large living room with a fold out couch bed.

I'll be coming back.