“Amazing”

Disney's Old Key West Resort
Ranked #73 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We were from Michigan, Oregon and South Carolina and we didn't know what to expect being it was our first time at this resort. Boy, were we surprised when we walked into our 2 bedroom villa and it was just awesome. Yes, we did have to walk up a couple flights of stairs to get to our room on the third floor but it was well worth it. Our room was so big, plenty of room for 5 adults and 2 chidren ages 4 and 2. Well equipped with all the essentials; pack-in-play, high chair and plenty of kitchen supplies and numerous other things to many to mention. The bus stop was only a short distance away. Our deck overlooked a water fountain and the pool was very close by. Very relaxing.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank mommazando
Write a ReviewReviews (2,631)

Reviewed June 19, 2011

We could never had afforded to stay here as a family and was lucky to get a free upgraded to here to a 1 bedroomed villa. When we arrived and i told me children we needed to get off the bus, they just looked at me and said ' we can't be stayed here it looks too expensive' lol. The service here was just outstanding, check in was great and the bell service team very helpful with advice. Our Villa was just amazing with plenty of space and the bath was the best in the world. I loved sitting on the balcony watching the ducks on the lake outside, its a very peaceful location. Yes its a very big resort with a bit of walking involved but that never bothered us and the bus's loop the resort so you can hop on and off to get around. OKW is close to DTD and we used the boat several times to go there and the boat drivers are full of helpful info. I would love to stay here again some day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank diddldonna
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Ended up staying here because our other choices were fully booked. Great place - big rooms, kitchenette meant we could make our own meals (some) and that was a bonus. (Closest local supermarket is in Crossways Centre - I think it was called). Quiet resort, very atmospheric, and interesting the speed at which the grass on the golf course grows! My daughter loved the (real) ducks and bunnies that we fed every day! We had a rental car so found it easy to get around. The boat ride to Downtown Disney was a relaxing departure - but we had to queue for the boat at peak times. Caused some confusion as my wife joined my daughter and I half way through the stay and Disney found it difficult to charge and administrate a 'split' stay - i.e. 2 of us for 7 days and 1 of us for 4 days.... they eventually worked it out but only after paying in full 3X7days and then effecting a refund on one, for 3 days - this caused chaos with our Park entrance cards as well.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if available.
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank SeadogCapeTown
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had a studio room and it was much smaller than we expected. More of an annexe to a villa. The balcony was too small to sit on and the view was blocked by the trees. The kitchenette was useful and the beds comfy. Not enough seating by the main pool and the small pool could have done with cleaning. Food was ok but the worst part was coming back at the end of the day and the food outlets were closed at 9pm and therecwas nowhere to get a drink.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closevto the centre
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DKebabs
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a DVC owner and this is my home resort. I never stay here because there are other reports I like better, but because of the recent renovations I decided to stay here.

The location across from the hospitality house could not be beat. It was so convenient. I absolutely loved it!! In fact, had it not been for the location, I would have insisted on getting another room. My room was handicapped accessible and I truly feel that I should have been asked at check in if that was acceptable to me. We had no shower curtain or liner and the water went everywhere! When we complained, they left a shower curtain in our room for us to hang. We did so, but being that it was 2 feet shorter than the floor, it did absolutely nothing.

Being that we were checking out after two nights, I didn't want to waste any of my valuable vacation time fighting with the front desk about how disappointed I was in the room. Having a soaking wet bathroom floor and absolutely no storage in the bathroom for two women was a huge problem.

I probably won't stay here again unless there are no other vacation club properties available. I will also be sure to ask BEFORE I check in if I have a handicapped accessible room.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank lvgiants10
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Went on an extended weekend over the Memorial Day Weekend. Rooms were spacious, housekeeping very efficient, and the shuttle bus was there within minutes to take us to all the parks. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to go to the Resort's restaurant or pool because time was limited.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cauchemars
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We personally prefer the Boardwalk for a number of reasons, but Old Key West is an excellent resort.

We have not been there since they refurbished the rooms, but have stayed there twice in the past (2009 and 2010). The rooms were a bit dated, but by no means shabby.

The number of pools around the property is great, and the main pool is also nice. The gurgling suitcase is great for a drink. We did not try Olivia's Cafe both times we stayed (we like to eat in the parks or on the Boardwalk).

Bus transportation both times was great. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus.

It all depends on where you want to be in the resort, but we always request a room closer to the hospitality house. That way we can walk over there and catch the bus, visit the pool, or the store.

The staff is nice, rooms are the largest at any DVC resort, and it is one of the last to book up (because the resort is so big). The overall laid back feel is great.

There is also a boat that leaves directly from the hospitality house, stops at Saratoga Springs Resort, and then takes you to Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Close to hospitality house as resort is so big
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family