After a long drive, we were welcomed at OKW and had no wait at check-in. We were early (11) and our room was not ready which was expected. We bought our tickets, parked our car and took off on a bus for Epcot. OKW called our cellphone when the room was ready, but we were not – we stayed at the park until close and unpacked when we were ready. Very cute community. I don't think our room would be considered refurbished, but it was fresh and clean. 2 beds, nice patio, frig, coffee maker (but we had to ask a few times for coffee), larger bathroom with plenty of storage. Our AC began leaking on our second night. It's located in the ceiling, so when it hit the ground, it would splash. At 2 a.m. after 2 very full days of parks, we were exhausted and not happy. We called the next morning and maintenance was there within 30 minutes. We asked them to return when we were gone and they did. All fixed - at least for another two nights when it happened again. I should mention they asked if we wanted to switch rooms and we declined. We didn't want to waste time packing & unpacking. It was a hassle and disruptive, but we're pretty tolerant. Maintenance returned again and fixed it. Housekeeping brought us extra towels immediately.
We were traveling with two kids (12 and 10). They hit the pool by our room from about 11-midnight. Pool stayed open until then which was nice. We never made it to the main pool, but it looked fun. We took the ferry boat to Downtown Disney and enjoyed our nice Captain. Bus system is amazing at Disney. We love it, but did have to pass on it from MK. We had reservations at the California Grill and wanted to return to our room freshen up. The bus never came in time, so we had to go in "park clothes". Still had an amazing dinner with a fantastic view.
We'd recommend OKW if you can afford it and want a pool. We never made it to Olivia's. Our last stay was at The Coronado and we really enjoyed having a counter service place available. OKW does not have one besides the pool snack bars.
We've used the Disney Dining Plan 2x. Once when kids were on kids $ plan. That was VERY economical and I'd highly advise it. Since our 12 year old eats like and adult, he was good on it, but our 10 yr old still enjoys kid meals. It's either or with WDW when it comes to DDP. Either we're all on it, or none of us. We chose to do it, but now we're thinking it's not as cost effective. We don't normally eat dessert. I wish we could have a choice of swapping a salad or fresh fruit of our dessert. WDW isn't very health conscious when it comes to the DP. We truly enjoy not having to worry about $ though each time we want to eat. We wish there was somewhere that served breakfast late since we're late risers. Great food at Disney!
CAN'T WAIT TO COME BACK! :O)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats-a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney's Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of the Downtown Disney area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Old Key West Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Old Key West Hotel Orlando
- Old Key West Resort
- Disneys Old Key West Hotel
- Disney Old Key West Resort
- Key West Disney
- Disneys Old Key West Resort