“Very expensive, long lines”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Magic Kingdom

Ranked #4 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very expensive, long lines”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

Disney has no cap on the number of tickets they sell and we were definitely feeling the crowds. The kids in our crew enjoyed the splash area and play ground at out hotel more than they seemed to enjoy magic kingdom. Ariel's grotto was the favorite inside the park. The lines were way too long to actually meet "Ariel" but that was fine. They just played in the free space there. It was hard to find decent food without waiting also so we just ate from the cart vendors which of course gets old after a day. We will go back but it will be a while.

1 Thank samanthaeggert

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Disney at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

The Magic Kingdom is my favorite Disney park of all time. It has something for everyone to enjoy regardless of age. The park is well laid out and consists of several "lands". Mickey's Toontown Fair is no more- it has been walled off for the expansion of Fantasyland, scheduled to be completed in 2013. Last week was my second visit to this park. I had visited it way back in May 1993. It was neat to see what had changed since 1993.

Monday 11/15 (Late afternoon/Evening)

After getting to the park, we got fast passes for Jungle Cruise. We saw the Tiki Birds and did the Pirates of the Caribbean, after which it was time for us to use the fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise.

Enchanted Tiki Room-Under New Management
I loved the old Tiki Room in 1993 so much that I think I saw it two or three times. The new version is awful. I was so glad when it was over!

Pirates of the Caribbean-Recently updated to feature Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I really liked this ride and thought it was worth waiting in line for. Highly recommended!

Jungle Cruise (used Fastpass)-An oldie but goodie. This ride has been at Magic Kingdom since the early 1970's and is still popular today. While some may say that this ride needs an update, I think that it is good that Disney keeps this one because it is nice to be able to ride "familiar favorite" rides. The spiel that the skipper gives is hilarious and full of puns. During the ride, you go past jungle animals (not very realistic) and through a dark temple. I strongly suggest getting a fastpass if you want to do this ride.

After the Jungle Cruise, we waited a few minutes until the colorful Christmas lights on the Cinderella Castle were turned on. Then we went to Columbia Harbour House to get a bite to eat. The food was decent and the portion sizes were just right. During the Main Street Electrical Parade, we were able to do Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, and Mickey's Philharmagic without any wait! We left the park right before the Wishes fireworks began and were able to watch the fireworks from the ferry to the TTC.

Small World-Another familiar favorite. It was fun trying to guess where the people in each scene were from. It is sort of like a journey around the world in 11 minutes.

Peter Pan's Flight-Didn't think it was anything special. I don't know why people wait in line 45 minutes for this. It is just a balloon ride through London and Never Never Land.

Mickey's Philharmagic-Awesome! It is the best 3-D show that I have ever seen. The effects are neat and the story line is humorous. I won't comment much on it because I don't want to spoil the surprises. Be sure to take time to see this excellent show!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday 11/17

Went back to Magic Kingdom to tie up some loose ends. Upon arrival, we went to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, which we did twice in a row since there was no line. Then we got on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and went to the Haunted Mansion and then to the Hall of Presidents

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin-Fun! It is similiar to laser tag or a shooting gallery. The first time through is more like a practice round. The next time you will most likely do a lot better. Use the spin to rotate the car, which will allow you to shoot at more targets and give you more points. Fun for all ages!

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority used to be called WEDWay People Mover. It is nothing exciting. Just a slow, 7 minute ride through Tomorrowland. You get a glimpse of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin as well as part of Space Mountain.

Haunted Mansion-Not haunted at all. More of a dark ride with lots of special effects and detail. The names of those buried in the mausoleum at the end of the ride are worth checking out.

Hall of Presidents-Was recently updated to include current president Obama. I thought that it was much better and more exciting that before. Morgan Freeman is the narrator of the film and the roll call of all the presidents is neat. I especially thought that Obama was very life-like. I am so glad that this attraction has been improved and is no longer boring. Do remember that Grover Cleveland served two non-consecutive terms.

Overall I really enjoyed Magic Kingdom and think that it will be even better once the Fantasyland expansion is completed. I still think that it is Disney's best park and that Walt Disney himself would approve of it if he was still alive.

3 Thank sac2008
Hamilton, Canada
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

My husband and I were on vacation at Walt Disneyworld in November 2010, and had the opportunity to do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party not once, but TWICE! While we were there, the party was happening on Tuesday November 16 and Friday November 19. We had planned in advance to go to the party on Tuesday, and bought tickets online a few weeks before. The party was great - we got on a bunch of rides, and had great seats for the Holiday Wishes Fireworks show, planning to attend the second and less crowded parade. We saw the Fireworks around 9:30 and at the very end, something got into my husband's eye and when he was still in a great deal of pain 20 mins later I took him to first aid where they flushed out his eye and gave him an icepack (he was fine by the next day). By this point our night was sort of ruined but we were going to see the parade anyway before leaving, and it began to rain, postponing the parade. We decided to call it a night on account of my husband's injury. But, we had been so looking forward to the event and had a great time for the first half of the party, so we bought tickets to go again Friday! This time we stayed until just before the end of the party and had a MAGICAL time!

I have read several reviews on the internet saying the party isn't worth it because the lines were still long. We did go in mid-November, prior to the peak holiday season so perhaps we were lucky because these parties are less attended? At any rate, the Tuesday was DEFINITELY less crowded (we walked on to every single ride) with Friday being slightly more crowded (5 min wait for Space Mountain and Buzzlightyear, 10 mins for Tomorrowland Sppedway, 20 mins for Dumbo and Peter Pan, walk on everything else) but even so - a fabulous experience! Holiday Wishes is significantly better than the regular fireworks show and Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade was probably the best parade I've seen at WDW (I still like Disneyland's Christmas parade better though!). There were a few shows around the park, which looked great, though we only caught a few moments here and there, and there was LOTS of entertainment (singing groups, sidewalk painters), and special activities all over for little kids (hopscotch on mainstreet, present stacking, hula hoop contest - just to name a few). The free cookies and cocoa were delicious and a lovely touch (I've heard people complain that the servings are small and the quality isn't great, but I think the quality is perfectly on par with anythin you'd find at an amusement park and the servings are perfectly portioned to grab and quickly consume while on the way to your next ride!). Walking out of the park with the snow falling on Main Street was the perfect end to our day.

I've also read complaints about the ticket price, but you can enter at 4pm with these tickets alone - that's 8 hours of Magic Kingdom time (almost a full day!) with the added benefit of no lines, cooler temperatures, and bonus entertainment. The ticket price is still less than full price regular 1 day admission, so in my opinion it's a total bargain! All in all, this was a great addition to our holiday trip and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a little extra magic and holiday spirit on their WDW vacation!

5 Thank suffragettecitygirl
atlanta
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“For young children”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

My 9 year old boy did not enjoy himself much. Most of the rides were too young for him. Favorite was Space Mtn. and he claimed the rest were boring, but I enjoyed Big Thunder & Mickeys Philharmonic. If you are going for strictly rides & thrills and not for the nostaligia, save your $ and time - Universal was more his style. Went during off seasons and lines were very very long. Disappointing food selections & quality, some water fountains didnt work. Left early - why do the fireworks start at 10 pm when most kids are 5-7 years old????

West Caldwell, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best vacation ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

The Magic Kingdom was awesome. I visited with my three "grown" children and three young grandchildren. We had a wonderful time and there were hardly any lines. Great time of year to visit!

1 Thank loriso55