“Our annual visit”

Ranked #4 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Our annual visit”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We try to switch up the attractions we visit each time. The family style restaurant Liberty Square was a first and we enjoyed it,

Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Nova Scotia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“still my favourite park”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

When you first enter the park, you enter under the railway station.....first you smell popcorn and then as you head onto main street, there is the castle..........it does not matter how many times you see it, it still is magical...........
I love this park............

The new Fantasy land is a little disappointing but again is still not all open yet.......
The parades are just "fun" especially the afternoon ones..........the energy, the music.......it is all wonderful............

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jjejermaster
London, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Magical Experience”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love Walt Disney World and I think its the best attraction! The magic kingdom is a lovely place and suitable for all ages. I visited this place at the age of 11 and I loved it and would like to go back every summer! It feels like you are in a magical place- it really needs to be experienced. When I went back here at the age of 20 I loved it even more and believe it or not it gets better as you get older! You can never be too old for Disney! In the magic kingdom, you get to meet all the disney characters take their autograph and pose for a photo and there are no restrictions to this anyone and everyone can have their photo taken! :) You might want to do this really early in the morning or late evening to avoid standing in long queues.

Personally I loved everything about the magic kingdom especially the fireworks that they put on at night and the parades they have throughout the day. I love watching these and I would definitely recommended these. Another thing, I found useful when at Disney parks was the fast pass. This scheme is free and open to everyone so you can get a fast pass to the attraction a few hours later which would avoid you standing in the queues, meanwhile you can view another attraction. The catch is you are only allowed one fast pass at a time.

The only thing I would advise if you are booking a holiday is to go in winter as the weather is so much more bearable and you can have even more fun as they have Christmas parades and you really get into the festive spirit in true Disney style! I found that in summer the temperature was around 35 degrees and the heat really gets to you and can prevent you seeing as many things as you would like to. Some rides also have periods where they close down for a few hours because of the intense heat.

If you take your car there are parking fees so you might want to stay in a Disney hotel with which you don't have to worry about parking fees and the park opens an hour earlier than the usual opening times.

No mater what age you are go and experience the magical kingdom for yourself! I am sure you will not be disappointed and will want to go back for more! :)

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Princess_Shaista
London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Disney World”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

For me, Magic Kingdom is Disney World. If you are looking for the true magic of Disney, then this is the place to be. In my opinion, it is by far the best park of Disney World, and you cannot come to Disney World without visiting it.

For me, the magic starts when you are travelling across the lake to the main entrance and get the first glimpse of the caste (the ferry is by far much better than the monorail). The main entrance is also fairly spectacular, and the first part of the park, Main Street USA, is exactly what you would expect of Disney.

Although obviously the park generally is family friendly, there is definitely enough here to entertain adults (unless I am just a big kid!)... I love Space Mountain, it is one of the best rides I have been on, and I went on it several times in a row! The other mountains are good too, Splash Mountain is very enjoyable, and is so much more than just a drop into the water. The Haunted Mansion is also a great ride, one of the best ghost trains I have been on. Fantasyland is where you will find all the classic Disney magic, although to be fair I did not go on a lot of the rides here, as they had the longest waits by far. The Wishes fireworks show at the end of the night is also well worth waiting for. I really got a magical feeling whilst watching them.

I love Magic Kingdom, and don't think I could ever get bored of visiting. Will definitely be back when I can. You don't have to be a Disney super fan to enjoy the park, but it will definitely bring out your inner child!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank st3w4rt
Kuwait City, Kuwait
525 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 523 helpful votes
““amazing”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

i love this place so much .it one of my favorite Disney park.

everything beautiful & you will enjoy more if you travel with child.

it do not have a lot of rides but i like the shows.

worth visit.