“One of the best Disney theme park”
Review of Magic Kingdom Park

Magic Kingdom Park
Ranked #5 of 394 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My daughter is very happy to visit this theme park because she had a chance to see and take pictures with Merida, Tinkerbell and etc. The park is biggest among Disney Theme Park. The only disappointment we had is the rain and thunderstorm during our visit and cause us wet and soaked.

Write a ReviewReviews (62,842)
All reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 1,450 reviews
"small world"
in 1,351 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 1,095 reviews
"seven dwarfs mine train"
in 532 reviews
"main street"
in 1,376 reviews
"thunder mountain"
in 582 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 1,196 reviews
in 371 reviews
"electric parade"
in 376 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited with our five grandchildren and went to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We very much liked all three but in order of preference #1 Animal Kingdom #2 Magic Kingdom and #3 Epcot.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went here on a scorching hot day and it was lovely. The music puts you in the mood to celebrate somehow. We were able to do most of the rides without very long waits and used fastpass for the couple which were more popular. Lots of drink stands, we did find the water quite expensive though. Packed lunches are permitted except sandwiches which would reduce the cost a bit. Lots of attractions for all ages here and worth a visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Being that I was raised in Florida, Orlando was a big "go to" for birthdays and anytime we had any out of state visitors. I've been to every single park in Orlando, except for Discovery Cove. I can honesty say that Magic Kingdom is the best one, especially out of all of the Disney Parks. There are multiple ways to get to Magic Kingdom once you have parked, as an antsy kid I can tell you that my least favorite was the Ferry since it seemed to take forever, do you want your kids to feel like that? I definitely recommend the trains/trams and please LOOK TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE PARKED. Exit your car and look around there should be a Disney character and a number such as Goofy 17 or Daisy 7. Write this down if you have to because you don't want to be looking for your car among thousands at night time after the fireworks show.

Sure some of the longs are long, which one is definitely worth it? Let's all say it together-SPACE MOUNTAIN!! Yes, it actually is worth that 90 or 120 minute wait-use a buddy system to avoid being bored. We normally have 1-2 people in wait and 2 people roaming around and switching out. This may be considered "rude" by those behind you, but realistically everyone does it. This only works if you're still waiting outside and not inside Space Mountain, but I digress.

Yes the food isn't that great and yes it is expensive, but Disney is about the experience. The fireworks and the parade are a must see-arrive early. There is nothing worse than hearing the parade and not being able to see it. Check your map-there are always "special mini shows" around the park at different hours and they tend to not be so crowded.

Is Disney crowded, always, even on Wednesday at 1pm? Essentially. I've gone to Disney in the ball park range of 6-9 times and it's always been crowded. The lines to see the Princesses are always insane, the Princes and other characters-not so much. If your kids like the Dwarfs or anyone that isn't a Princess you should probably aim to see those characters first. Plus, there's still been Princesses I've never been able to catch and a lot of the time they're hiding. Like I ran into Belle she was sitting at the back of a store being really low key. Ariel is always at the Grotto, the Dwarfs tend to be in the front of the park both when opening and closing. I've never been able to find Snow White-I don't think anyone I know has either-maybe they don't have one? Who knows. Always keep your eyes peeled!

All in all, if you're a cranky adult who hates crowds and is going to complain about the costs then you will probably hate Disney. If you are an adult that loves to see their children smile and glow, then Disney's Magic Kingdom is for you. It doesn't matter how old I get I still am thankful for my parents taking me so much, your kids will appreciate your hard work that you put in to being able to take them there. Also, you don't have to buy them everything under the sun, they'll probably lose it within a year. My parents didn't buy me all of the merch and I grew up just fine.

Side Note!!!

Also, as others have said getting to Disney can be a distracting nightmare. Orlando traffic sucks, not because it's a big city like LA, but because everyone driving is either a snow bird or tourists who are getting lost and being distracted by all of the signs. Please watch the road and pay attention to the signs, the easiest park to get to is Magic Kingdom. Just please watch the road, I know the signs are adorable! Getting there safety is even more important.

1  Thank BITW434