“It's always Magic”

Ranked #4 of 421 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Jacksonville, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It's always Magic”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's Walt Disney World---what is there to say? It's wonderful, as always! Make sure to take advantage of Fast Passes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Park”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am going to be a little biased on this park because I proposed to my fiance in this park. However, I can't say one bad thing about Magic Kingdom the parade and firework shows are a MUST see!!!

Cincy
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Magic Kingdom is Magic - but Plan first!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We love Magic Kingdom - this was my 4th or 5th visit, and it never disappoints. But, to make the most of your visit, be sure to do some planning first.
1) with the Fast Pass system, be sure to really prioritize which rides/attractions you want to use your Fast Pass with. We did some planning, but not enough, and as a result weren't able to see the Princess nor the Tinker Bell attractions
2) Splurge for a 2-day pass. We did not stay on Disney property for our trip - which was great for us. Instead, we rented a house for our 5 families, which allowed us to save significantly on food, and gave us our own pool. The only issues, is that we tried to fit each park neatly into one day. In retrospect, I wished we had purchased the 2-day park pass and went to Magic Kingdom for 2 days, so we could really enjoy the park and see everything we wanted to see.
3) Check the weather and adjust! We went down to FL with a plan of what we would see on which day. But, we should have adjusted once we saw the weather. It can get really hot in Orlando (we were there in June) and Magic Kingdom in the heat is tough. The 2-day pass would have helped here.

Overall, continues to be one of my favorite spots, and we'll be back, hopefully in 5 years or so!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank rms74
midlands
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Not the same”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been to the magic Kingdom so many times in the last 13 years...this year what a difference....They seem to be trying to get as much money out of you as possible...they have changed somethings making it harder to navigate the park at parade times and they seem to have lost their knack of organising crowds....it was upsetting to see it so different...for first timers the magic would still be there as they would not notice what we did. Very upsetting I used to adore going....not so much now

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Heavy handed staff could killed my child! sinister end to a prefect day”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Over the years I have been to the Disney world resort many times and always had the experience that you expect from Disney. Sure the lines are long and it's a couple of dollars more expensive than anywhere else but overall it's awesome. Like most people who visited Disney as a kid more of my most treasured memories are Disney shaped. And I long had dreamt of sharing the Disney traditions with my children.
That is why for my sons four birthday we had a family trip to the magic kingdom. Having been to floirda twice a year for 15 years we pretty much knew that being mid summer it would be crazy busy, chances a it would be crazy hot or there would be rain. We had realist expectations of what you can see and do in a day at mk with a four year old and one year old so we after character meet and greets we headed for fantasy land then managed to fit in pirates of the Caribbean and buzz lightyear, so by the end of the day while we sat on main street eating chilli dogs and awaiting the parade we were happy my son had got a ton of great memories from his birthday trip. The parade was as wonderful as I remembered as a child and watching my children's reactions as any parent will agree is worth the price of admissions twice over. After the parade ended I arranged with my mother that as it super busy and crowded that I would go to get the last of traditions, ice cream to enjoy watching the fire works and to make the walk back to the boat sweeter, so I with my one year on my hip, her clutching her new Minnie plush wearing minnie ears and me towing her mickey shaped bollon braved the crowd and made it to the ice cream shop, while my mum all 5ft nothing of her, skinny and 61 year old would wait till the first wave of park goers had left and it would easier for her to wheel the pushchair which now housed my sleepy four year old to the entrance where I'd meet them with the ice cream.
After a short wait in line we got our treats and ventured back onto the street to find my mother. Who I found feet from the ice cream shop visually shaken with a small group gathered around her and my son.
It transpired that as the crowd thinned she tried to make her way up to the exit as planned, however ' cast members' were directing guests to move over, having a four year in a pushchair and it being crowded she wasn't able to move fast enough, so a well buildt over 6ft tall cast member (I recall passing the same 'man') pushed my mother to the direction he wanted her to go, with force! Off the sidewalk! In a crowd! Again she is 61 years old, and tiny. She toppled off the sidewalk taking the pushchair with her, dumping my son onto the floor under the feet of the ground. Luckily one of the gentlemen that was gathered around my mother when I found them had caught her before she hit the ground. My son was also scooped up before he was seriously injured having only scraped knees and hands and a great shock!
The most shocking thing is this cast member was not even remorseful, this happened in front of him, he assaulted an elderly lady, an at which resulted my child under the feet of a crowd in the dark and this so called human being doesn't even react.
I understandably was livid, and decided we must at least report this to guest services. Where we didnt even get a proper apology and were told they'd investigate the matter and deal with it. They. Couldn't wait to get rid of us and were dismissive.
Not what you expect from the magic kingdom is it?
On your fourth birthday?