“Great day trip”

Ranked #4 of 435 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first of the 4 theme parks to open at Walt Disney World Resort, Magic Kingdom park captures the enchantment of fairy tales with exciting entertainment, classic attractions, beloved Disney Characters and so much more.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a great time. I went on a day that rained off and on so it wasnt very busy or crowded which was great. However, there were many things my daughter wanted to do such as getting dressed up at the bibbity bobbity boutique and eating dinner with characters, even going into the castle., all required 1 year advanced reservations. At least we know for next time. The cost of admission was very pricey but it is disney world. My daughter loved it.

There are newer reviews for Magic Kingdom Park

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I loved the castle in Magic Kingdom. It's so gorgeous and a complete work of art.
The new fantasy land is stunning even though building is still continuing to include snow white section. I never had the chance to eat at the beasts castle, be our guest as the queue was always 2hours long min.
Still, an amazing park suitable for adults and children alike.

1  Thank Kayleigh S
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Christmas is a magical time but at magic kingdom its what dreams are made of, me my partner-daughter-son-in-law and 3 fantastic grandchildren had the time of our lives, I,ve never seen so many Christmas decorations in one place, main street is really special, fake snow falling from tops of building's Christmas tunes playing smells of cookies & hot chocolate wafting though the air, the Christmas parade is awesome, then the castle and firework show to finish what more do you need, cookies & hot chocolate all-round magic kingdom but although its free( in with ticket price) it would be nice if there was a different choice in places, gets abitt sickly after 3or4 lol, a special place a special time of year with very special family, my dream come true, if you,be not visited Walt disneyworld at Christmas you most at least once I'm sure you'll love it!!! And extra magic Disney hours.

4  Thank Kered N
Reviewed February 6, 2013

No matter how old are you..its so magical! the enternce pakcges are good if you'll take a few days..use the Fast pass! the paraide is beautiful and the night fireworks show..

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I travel a lot and usually do not pay attention to poor reviews as I have found a lot of them to be off the mark. I am not a complainer and always make the best of my travel and experience…but felt compelled to share my story.
Went to Universal parks for a quick get-a-way weekend and had a very enjoyable time. My girlfriend and I decided to visit Magic Kingdom on our last day Feb 3rd. I had researched a read that this weekend would be a low attendance period in addition to being Super Bowl Sunday. I have been to Disney several times, once as a child and once with my kids a few years ago. This was my experience.
1. We were at Universal and were told to take a taxi to Downtown Disney ($37.00) and take a ferry to Magic Kingdom. When we arrived at DD we went to the dock and the Disney employee looked at us and shook his head no as we walked up to the ferry. He stated “closed” we explained that we had been instructed that this would be the way to get to MK. He gave us an attitude and said.. we are shut down and you can take a bus to one of the resorts and then take another bus to the park. Very rude and not what I expect from Disney.
2. Two hrs later we arrive. It’s now 5:00 p.m. Of course I had to pay full price because none of these parks offer ½ day admission, but o.k my choice. The place was crazy. Packed to the gills, you could barely move around. All of the rides including the less popular ones had wait times of 45-60 min. so we got a Fast-Pass for Space Mountain. We did have enough time to ride anything else while awaiting our return time to SM so we just walked around. When we returned to SM they told us the ride was closed for maintenance. So we attempted to get a fast pass for another ride but because the Fast Pass for SM was still active, we could not get one. Long story short, we were able to ride three (non popular) rides that evening. And although classics, I found the Pirates of Caribbean, Small World and world of progress to be very outdated. I understand that Disney has its own charm, but they really need to update the park. As a comparison, Universal has a Fast Pass system (at a cost) that worked like a charm, waited only 15 min at the Harry Potter ride. The park was well organized with wide streets to walk in, clean and very friendly staff. The park is modern and very high tech. I really do love Disney, but think that they have fallen of the track. The restroom were dirty with broken hand dryers, the food stands closed early and the most of the staff did not live up to the old Disney standard. To be honest, I did not see any characters around the park, other that one time on the castle stage. At universal, the characters are all around and interacting with the crowd.
3. The whole Disney experience made me kind of sad, because I remember what it used to be. I really think that Disney has lost a bit of their Magic. I hope they look at their customer’s feedback and make some serious changes, but I’m afraid because we are so willing to fork out hundreds of dollars that they will continue business as usual.
4. I did enjoy the fireworks, but not worth the money anymore