“Maybe acid would help improve the experience/magic...”

Walt Disney World Resort
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
1-Day Admission to Disney World Theme Park with...
Ranked #4 of 441 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

There's an Orlando comedian who tells about his experiences with various drugs and going to Walt Disney World...maybe this is what people need to enjoy it. For the amount we pay to go there, there shouldn't be so many problems (Magic bands, tickets, transit). I won't go into much detail about the magic bands other than they need to get their system implemented, but let's talk transportation. On average, to get from our resort to a park, it took about an hour. There was even one time where we took a bus from Epcot to Fort Wilderness, drove by Fort Wilderness (where we were going) drove to the Wilderness Lodge, and then back to Fort Wildnerness resulting in about a two hour journey; that is simply not magical. The monorail was constantly breaking down during our visit as well. The staff seemed pretty down too...I've been going to Disney with my family since I was born, my parents even had their honey moon there...there are a lot of memories there for me. My parents go down every year and it is a shame I probably won't be joining them 'in the magic' next time; for the amount of money, I'd rather go to Europe for a week or for less money go to anywhere on the Floridian coastline and just sit on the beach; it's more relaxing than Disney.

Sidenote: the food hasn't changed...it is still incredible. One good thing to accentuate the positive.

9  Thank joevazz
Write a ReviewReviews (30,995)
All reviews
"disney world"
in 3,864 reviews
"magic kingdom"
in 3,697 reviews
"fast pass"
in 1,549 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 858 reviews
in 299 reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 305 reviews

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Visited several of the hotels to look at decorations, but they don't seem to be doing as much as in the past. Some of the gingerbread and chocolate sculptures were amazing.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had planned this trip for 9 months and except for a few glitches, I thoroughly enjoyed it. This was my 9th trip and we live in Southern California. We did have to wait 6 1/2 hours for our luggage to be delivered via Disney's Magical Express..,.,not the 3 hours quoted. That being said we didn't get our luggage until 12:30am and we were really tired and wanted to go to bed. The maid came to our room on two mornings while we were still in our room, she knocked and we told her we would be leaving soon and she came back and serviced our room. The dining plan did not fail, it was wonderful and the staff was very helpful in how to utilize all of the benefits, on our last night we still had 3 counter service meals left and we were leaving at 5:30am the following morning, the staff at Port Orleans Riverside told us we could get a bakery item, a fresh fruit and a bottle drink for each of our counter service meals for the next days breakfast. We had a Fantasmic Dining reservation and we couldn't have asked for better seats! We also had reservations for the Candelight Processional at Epcot and it was wonderful! Gary Sinise was our narrator and he did a marvelous job. We used Fast Pass+ and never had long waits for the popular rides...we had Magic Bands and we were still able to get Fast Passes used our keys to the world plastic cards. We did have some problems with the scooters and wheelchairs and having to wait for them to be loaded onto buses first along with all of their family members. After a long day at a park, it was frustrating especially when at least 70% of the people didn't need them, they were just too lazy or obese. They need separate buses to transport the abundant amount of scooters and wheelchairs. We had problems getting to a different resort for breakfast reservations...the literature in the room said to go to downtown Disney and catch the bus, well it was Thanksgiving and there wasn't any buses to Wilderness Lodge. We had to take a bus to Saratoga Springs and then to the Magic Kingdom and catch a boat to Wilderness Lodge, it took 1 1/2 hours to get there and we were late but the restaurant was accommodating. All in all, my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed this trip...apparently my husband did not. It's one of my favorite places to vacation...Oh and the Osborne Spectacle of Lights at Disney Studios is not to be missed, it was magical and my daughter and I had our "glow with the show" ears which made it even more fun! I recommend WDW to all ages and "hopefully" this wasn't my last trip!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Just got back from 5 days at Disney. This was my 6th vacation to Disney (my husband has gone many, many times since he was little). We both agree that this was the poorest Disney experience we have had. We went with our 8-year old twins, my parents and my aunt to experience the Christmas celebrations...something we have done 2 other times. This time, there were issues aplenty. For me, it seems that Disney is cramming more people in to the "special events". It used to be that attending Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party meant no lines for rides. Not so much this year. We waited as long as you would during the day, which meant missing some of the special Christmas events, like the parade or shows. They blocked off most of Fantasyland and Liberty Square for almost 2 hours to prepare for the fireworks show. My mother and I searched high and low for the exclusive party pins (4 different ones) that they only sell during the party, and we were told that they were sold out. Since the Christmas events only started a week or two ago, I am assuming that either they didn't make enough or people are buying them in bulk. At Hollywood Studios, you are no longer free to wander through the Osbourne Festival of Lights, but instead are herded in one direction with the crowd and hurried along by impatient cast members. My one son commented that he missed most of the lights because he couldn't see...something that wasn't an issue on our other two trips when he was younger and shorter.
While at Magic Kingdom, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, we endured several ride issues resulting in temporary shutdowns while we were halfway through lines. The bathrooms at ALL of the parks were gross...just gross. I also had a new experience at Disney this trip...rude cast members. In one instance, two cast members were cheering about the end of the day because (as we were told while we waited for a ride), they were tired and wanted to get out of there. In EPCOT, the world showcase cast members apparently think that no one speaks a foreign language, since they were conversing in French about which party to attend that night while my aunt and father waited to order. When trying to ask a cast member a question at Hollywood Studios, I was snapped at and told to ask someone else because he was busy.
We stayed at Bonnet Creek, which I love, so I can't attest to the Disney accommodations. I can say, however, that Disney does handle food allergies incredibly well. My husband's gluten-free diet was easily managed and handled with complete confidence and respect no matter where we ate.
Overall, the kids had a great time, we enjoyed being with family, and the rides we went on were fun. The shows and parades we were able to see were good. But my typical experiences at Disney were far from being met, and the trip was NOT worth the cost. Sadly, it will be awhile before we go back.

2  Thank Kelly H