“Re-educate some cast members”

Walt Disney World Resort
Ranked #5 of 425 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Re-educate some cast members”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Love, love, love Disney and have been coming since the early 70's. Has always been my first choice for vacation spots in the Continental USA. But being larger I see some things that others may not, daily and when traveling, and some of it has to do with how the cast members treat larger people. I know the park can not prevent its patrons from being rude to me, or others, but Disney should have more control over its staff members and how they treat me. I notice that when I would suggest things to cast members at some of the rides such as (hey, I'll fit better in the 1st seat of a 3 seat car/cart) trust me and don't be rude telling me that I have to sit where you tell me to. It is harder to get out of the 2nd and 3rd seat of Space Mountain when you are larger or taller. Not only was it embarrassing for me but someone would have to help me get out and it delayed the line more than if you had just put me in the 1st seat to begin with. The same goes on some of the other rides that have individual cars/carts that have 2 or 3 rows to them. The 1st row is easiest for me to get in and out of and this doesn't mean that I want the 1st seat/row/car/cart on the ride - just the 1st seat of the individual "car/cart" please. Other rides that this applies to would be Expedition Everest, Rock and Roll Roller Coaster, Test Track, etc.. I also noticed cast members laughing and pointing at me sometimes as I got into a seat or got out of a seat on a ride. And cast members laughing at the "pictures" taken of me on some of the rides that take pictures to be purchased. The worst cast member offenders were those at the Tower of Terror. Seriously people, this was my favorite ride but I may not go on it again because of the rude behavior. Show some respect for the customer and people in general.
Despite the rudeness of some cast members, I ran into many others who were wonderful, very helpful and accommodating. They made the trip fun and made me feel good about myself and about coming to Disney. I will come/go to Disney again but I sure hope some cast members have changed their behavior. I of course will forever hope that when I return that I will be thinner but wishes don't always come true and willpower is elusive at times.

Visited May 2013

• Vietnamese first
Braselton, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Dining at the disney parks”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Disney is great and the restaurants are also great. But the kids menus need more options. We were there for a week, and most places share the same kid's menu. It's hard to feed 2 kids from the same menu for a week.

1 Thank Kristen B
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Where dreams don't come true”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Terrible experience after paying a month's salary for a week pass for all the family. Herded around like animals and took 90 mins to get in. When it rained the drains overflowed and our shoes got ruined. after 5 hours we had managed to get on 2 rides even using the fast pass system. One area of the park was so overcrowded and everyone was pushing and squeezing that we feared for our lives. We were seperated from our children and took over an hour to find them - Disney staff's answer to lost children was to just keep looking. We all ended up in tears that day. We have never been so dissappointed or felt so let down. On the way out we decided to complain but the queue at cityhall was almost as long as the queue for the rides so we gave up and admitted defeat. Several of the rides and main attractions were not working and we did not even see one disney character all day. Never Again.

11 Thank 100nicola
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“My 4th visit here”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What can I say about this place. It always leaves me wanting more and now Im back home I have already started researching the next visit. We had a 3 centre stay in Florida so were only in Orlando for 10 nights. You only scratch the surface in that time if you want to visit all 4 parks plus the water parks because you seriously have to pace yourself in the humidity and you walk for miles and miles and miles. The only disappointment was that on our last night we had a meal booked in the Magic Kingdom to see the electric light parade and wishes fireworks. However, we couldnt venture out due to a horrendous tropical thunderstorm.
Would go back tomorrow despite breaking down in the Haunted Mansion in the dark and having to be walked out - lol

1 Thank Diane K
chelmsford
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great day”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A very long exhausting day but very enjoyable. Arrived when opening and left after fireworks found fast pass very helpful, unfortunately found they closed rides quickly when they thought storm on way.
The service not as good as used to be a few years ago and found restrooms dirty.