“Good but too spread out.”

Walt Disney World Resort
Ranked #6 of 441 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently spent 5 days in Dsney World. We enjoyed our time but I felt that Disney is a little dated now and enjoyed Universal Studios and Island of Adventure much more ad did my 9 and 6 year old daughters. My husband and I have been to Dineyland in Anaheim before and to be honest I thought the atmosphere was better in Anaheim as the parks and downtown Disney were all together. Magic Kingdom is quite dated now and out of step with today's generation. Hollywood Studios was good though. Before coming to Disney we pent 5 days in a resort at Universal Studio and were given an express pass which enabled us to go to the front of the line on all rides which was great so when we got to the Disney Parks and had to wait inline or get the fast pass and then one back at the certain time it was a let down. Majority of the rides at Disney are not really worth the wait anyway. We went in a quieter time if th year and it was so busy so I hate to think what they prime times are like. If you want the Disney experience in less days go to California.

Write a ReviewReviews (30,700)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Had lots of fun again this year when we travelled down with our 5 year old nieces! Most of the trip was really amazing, except for the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on Halloween Night and the constant playing of some terrible country song at art of animation resort. Should have maybe skipped the terrible halloween parade. Great attractions, friendly staff, immaculate grounds. A great time. Bus system is great. Decided to stay at the disney resort even when going to universal. Was a much better plan. Though next time, we'll not be going to universal.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My 8th visit and I loved it just as much as the first time. Food was great and I thought very cheap for a theme park. Staff all very helpful and friendly and we lobved the rides. I think my favourite is Animal Kingdom...a mixture of beautiful animals and habitats and thrill rides. Everest is a must and make sure you use your fast pass for the Safari...you will want to do it more than once and the fast pass means you can shorten the queue and find time to do everything!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our second family outing to Disney, the first being over 7 years ago before my daughter was even born. Visiting in June we assumed that we would miss the busiest crowds, it didnt appear so as everywhere was really busy, but in a good manner as it was bustling and full of energy. My daughter loved the attractions and we stayed to the end which was a first for us in itself. Not a cheap attraction but we knew that and like many theme parks in america you get what you pay for. We upgraded to the fast track tickets which allow you to go on a ride once using the quick queue and is probably not such a great deal when you consider that about a quarter of the people in the park have the same level of ticket as you. Food was good and reasonably priced, when you consider that they are catering for 10's of thousands of people per day it is amazing that they never seem to run out. Large bottleneck coming out at the end of the night but the transport system can handle it and we were back at the car park within 30 mins of leaving the theme park.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

WDW was fabulous! Our children (7 and 5) loved it, as did we! It was a wonderful vacation that they are still talking about, 7 months later. It offers so much -- thrill rides, great shows, family rides, and a terrific atmosphere.