“The best”

Book In Advance
More Info
$199.00*
and up
1-Day Admission to Disney World Theme Park with...
Ranked #6 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

For our children Disney World was a total adventure. All the way from Norway this was, of course, a huge adventure for us.

Write a ReviewReviews (31,133)
All reviews
"disney world"
in 3,851 reviews
"magic kingdom"
in 3,683 reviews
"fast pass"
in 1,526 reviews
"happiest place on earth"
in 866 reviews
"small world"
in 300 reviews
"haunted mansion"
in 305 reviews
"pirates of the caribbean"
in 220 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2012

No matter your age, (me and my bf were here for my 21st birthday!) it is impossible not to have fun here. For those not enjoying rides, there is so much other stuff to do and see that there is something for everyone. Best birthday trip so far!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Having been to Disney Land at exactly the same time a year ago, I had high expectations for Disney World. This was my 6th Disney trip (Land x 3, Tokyo x 1, World x 2) and it ranks in the top 3 visits.

In all, we had 9 family members. Me and my husband, our 2 kids (5 and 4 yrs old), my parents, my brother and my mother-in-law and 82 yr old great Grandad. All family members are in good health and we knew ahead of time there would be A LOT of walking. My kids did not need or request a stroller this year, but Disney does rent them if you need them.

I still maintain that LAND if my favorite, for a few reasons. WORLD is VERY big and busier than California. Florida at this time of year (early October) is still very hot, too hot for this Canadian girl. California was just the right temp last year (and not nearly as humid as Florida). Be prepared to sweat and feel sticky in Florida. I also found LAND to be less crowded, probably because it's technically smaller (but I think LAND actually has more rides!).

A breakdown of each park:
Magic Kingdom - the "main" part of Disney World. This is where all the lands are (Frontierland, Tomorrow Land, Fantasy Land, etc). Of all 4 days we spent at the World parks, our Magic Kingdom day was my least favorite. It was extremely crowded, the lines were long (luckily with such a large group we managed to use our FastPASS's efficiently - more on that later). Fantasyland is under going a MAJOR renovation and it was disappointing because it's usually my favorite. There didn't seem to be as many rides as in California (they are only now making the Snow White ride and Little Mermaid ride), I didn't see the submarine/Nemo ride (it might have been there and we just missed it?), no Indiana Jones ride (which was disappointing as it's one of my favorites), no Mr. Toads Wild Ride (again, maybe it was there and we missed it??) and some of the classic rides seemed more dated than the ones in California (Space Mountain seemed "old" for example). My brother and I are avid ride lovers and we were bummed that there didn't seem to be as many as we thought, but luckily Hollywood Studios, the Everest ride at Animal Kingdom and the Hulk at Universal Studios made up for the lack of good rides at Magic Kingdom.
We managed to see the mid day parade, my kids loved it as always. We also met Merida, the newest Disney Princess. We waited in line for an hour, in the pouring rain, but it was so worth it. They have a great little area set up for her to keep the kids entertained (once you get there anyways, the line up is long!).

Animal Kingdom:
This is sort of like a zoo, without most of the animals. If you take your time, there is actually a ton of stuff to see and if you don't mind being tag alongs with your kids, wander around and talk to the staff members that are placed throughout the park, the offer some really informative and educational information and are great with the kids. We did the Safari but I was very disappointed at the speed of the jeep, the driver barely slowed down for us to take pictures (which I do understand they can't stop the jeeps every time someone wants a picture of a giraffe...). It was still a cool little safari, get a FastPASS anytime after 11am. We also did Expedition Everest, a fairly good rollercoaster. Again, my brother and I are picky about coasters and we generally prefer the bigger, faster, monster coasters, but Everest did NOT disappoint. We went the first time and wanted to return later in the day. Traveling with 7 other people meant that we could use their day tickets to get more fastPASSES for us to use :) It's a little sneaky, but it's no worse than the hoards of people that fake injuries and drive the scooters around the parks just to skip the lines. We also rode DINOSAUR (track ride/simulator) and all loved it.
In all, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Animal Kingdom, and if I were to do it again I would take a little more time to wander around the lush gardens and pathways strewn throughout the park.

Epcot:
Initially, some of us were going to skip Epcot, but boy am I glad we didn't! I had heard that it was "boring" and didn't have a whole lot to do. WRONG! Epcot was my second favorite day, if not tied for first favorite! Spaceship Earth is an ABSOLUTE must see! It's a slow moving ride through the big "epcot" ball/sphere. It teaches riders about the past, present, and future of earth and societies. My 82 yr old great grandfather loved it as did my 4 yr old son. It was awesome and I'd do it over and over again, and at the end of the ride there is an interactive "game" you can play that predicts your future based on certain choices you make about personal preferences in life. Great ride! We then toured the World Showcase which I could have spent a whole extra day doing. I loved every second of it. Our favorite "lands" were Canada (obviously), Great Britain, Japan, Morocco and Norway. We attempted to sneak into the Akershus buffet (where they have Princess character dining) but we couldn't get in. It's a reservation only restaurant and it's nearly impossible to get reservations.
There were so many other things to do at Epcot that we didn't have time for. If we go back, I'll be spending 2 days at Epcot.

Hollywood Studios:
If you like rides, then you'll like The Studios. If you like movies, then you'll like The Studios. If you like Aerosmith, then you'll like The Studios. It has some of the bigger rides (Rock n' Roller coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and the fan favorite Toy Story). If you like coasters, you'll be mildly impressed with the Aerosmith coaster. I am a HUGE fan of the band and I had been looking forward to this ride for months...but being a slight coaster snob, I was disappointed. It blasts you off quickly from 0-60 in about 2 seconds, but after that the ride is "meh". The Tower of Terror elevator ride was AWESOME. We rode that a couple times. Star Tours was a family favorite, as was the Studio Backlot tour. The best ride was the Toy Story ride. You have to do it to believe me about how good it was. When you first get to the park, get there at 9am (when the park first opens). Immediately rush to the Toy Story ride and get a FastPASS. They often "sell out" of FastPASS tickets by noon, so you have to get there early. The return time for us was almost 4 hours later, so we managed to get in all other rides and some attractions while we waited. The Toy Story ride is one of Disney's best, by far.

in all, we had a great trip. A few hiccups here and there and of course, traveling with so many people you're bound to have some frustrations about where to go and what to do. Luckily it was mostly me being impatient and irrational and everyone else I traveled with was great!!! My husband and I both agree that LAND is better and we probably won't be back to Florida for a few years at the very least.

Any questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went to DisneyWorld with our 2 daughters 3 times when they were growing up in the 1980's and 1990's. We retired in 2005 and since then we have taken our married daughters and 5 grandkids twice and my husband and I have been there 4 times by ourselves. We LOVE it!!

We always go for at least 7 days and always get park hopper passes. We have been there in May, June, August, and November. We love the summer because of the longer hours (and the air conditioning and pools help with the heat). We love November because of lower crowd sizes.

We always stay on Disney property (Pop Century and Fort Wilderness campground) and use Disney transportation. We never use our car once we get there!!

If it rains, we have ponchos and umbrellas and we just continue on our way. We have done "behind the scenes" tours like Keys to the Kingdom and Wild Africa Trek.

Disney isn't about the "rides"...it is all about attractions and fireworks and watching the smiles on the faces of little ones as they see Mickey Mouse or the castle for the first time.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!