“A genuine restaurant in Orlando”

Padrino's Cuban Bistro
Ranked #126 of 3,827 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Hunters Creek
Description: With a long list of positive press and great reviews since its opening, Padrinos Cuban Bistro prides itself on preparing authentic Cuban dishes ranging from Palomilla Steak and Seafood Paella, to the original style Cuban sandwich. Also well known for their signature desserts, the restaurant can offers favorites such as the Cuban Flan and Tres Leches, a homemade semi-sponge cake saturated in a sweet combination of three milks.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A genuine restaurant in Orlando”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Staying in Orlando for a convention can be a challenge and finding any restaurant that does not have a disneyesque theme difficult but look no more!
This restaurant has character and staff who clearly care about their reputation. This is obviously a favourite with locals and was full on a Sunday evening. We made a reservation on a recommendation from out hotel and were seated straight away in a busy bustling bar restaurant. Live unobtrusive music in the background and inexpensive cocktails to get started. Friendly staff guided us through the options for our large group. The empanadas, croquettes and to stones slipped down well before I tackled the Chuuasco skirt steak - excellent. I sampled the rope vieja but any of the beef and pork dishes would have satisfied me.
No room for dessert but celebrating birthdays in the restaurant seems to be a tradition!
An inexpensive night and although I struggle to find reasons to travel to Orlando, I would certainly go back to Padrino's to ease the pain.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank James G

Snellville, Georgia
“Will I return? My tummy says, Yes! My Wallet says, No!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food is here is well done - Period. No doubt about it. Atmosphere is relaxing and waitstaff is courteous and friendly. I do have an issue with pricing here though. Most Cuban/Latino restaurants don't charge this much for their food. Latino food uses simple readily available ingredients and the food should not be this pricey. If this were a steak or lobster place the prices would make more sense. Will I return? My tummy says yes! My wallet says, No!

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Friendly, Flavorful, Fit for Families and Foodies”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Other tripadvisors said it. We tested it. It was fantastic. If you're looking for the linen laden type of dining experience, no - this isn't the place. But, if you - like the four of us - like a comfortable place, terrific service, delicious food for less than $100, Padrino's is a no-brainer.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“:) great for lunch”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch and it wasn't busy, we were able to be seated right away, the food came quickly and was delicious. I was a little hesitant to go after reading some of the negative reviews but was pleasantly surprised by the food. Not much of a Cuban vibe at lunch time but wasn't really looking for that, I would imagine the place is a lot livelier at dinner so I suppose it depends on what you are wanting out of the experience as to when you should go. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends. :)

“Authentic, tasty, and delicious”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

My family loves Cuban food and tried this places based on Tripadvisor's ratings, and boy are we glad we did! We started with beef empandas which were yummy! My son did the children's steak, and it was plentiful and came with sweet plantains, rice, and beans! The other three meals were all simply divine! Each one was well prepared and served promptly! We each sampled all the meals and the chicken, rice, and mozzarella cheese meal was the winner! After dinner we shared bread pudding and tres leches, with caffe con leches! They were certainly worth the calories!!
This restaurant is a winner, and you won't be sorry if you give it a try!