“Few hiccups but alright”

Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall
Ranked #227 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Booked this room for a day use in July 2012.

Touched down at Orlando Airport at 7am. There wasn't a phone to call this place like the other hotels had. You had to phone the operator yourself and they'll send someone to come pick you up. Unfortunately for me there was some sort of miscommunication between me, the operator and the driver. I was told to head out to a space where the shuttle would come but I had to wait for about 20-25 mins for the driver. Ok, bummer. After 30 mins nobody came so I phoned back and the operator told me the driver wouldn't be in till much later and told me to take my own cab to the hotel and they'll deduct the fare off my hotel room charges. What a poor start!

Check in was quick though. Gave me a good explanation of the facilities and how to get to my room. There wasn't any bell service around though. Imagine my horror when I found out I had to climb stairs to get to my room. The room was facing the car park but whatever it was just for a day use anyway. Air conditioning was good and the bed was big and comfy. There was free wifi around which was stable. A study desk and coffee making machine was present. The bathroom was large by an inn standard. All the necessary toiletries were provided.

The free breakfast provided was quite up to standard too. A few hot and cold items. And the trays were never left empty. There wasn't a lot of sitting though so I brought my breakfast back up to the room to eat. The pool had an area for young kids to play at. Looked big as well.

Though it started off quite bad, I would probably choose this hotel again when I need a day use room in Orlando again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Yanwan
daysinnfl, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience caused with our airport phone lines.Please feel free to let us know how we can further assist you during your next stay here. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated and as always, thank you for choosing our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am not a very picky traveler. I read the reviews ahead of time and decided to stay here. First, you need to realize that there is no elevator at this hotel. I wish that was my only complaint. The room smelled of mold but I tried to make the best of it. As other travelers reported, we were only given two sets of towels. Our beds were made but our shower was not even cleaned! We walked over to breakfast only to find no available seats and a very poor selection of food. We drove to IHOP or BK for the rest of our stay. The hotel is not in the best area and more than once we had strangers knocking at our hotel door. (NOT housekeeping!) We did not feel very safe but we could not get a refund for any reason. We were in town for a large reunion and another family member stayed at the La Quinta nearby. I suggest that is a much better option.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Please accept our sincere apologies, we are working to improve these issue, but we do have over night security which would have been happy to find out what was going on.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am not super picky when it comes to hotels, but this was the first time that I actually thought the Trip Advisor reviews were more generous than the hotel deserved. Sketchy neighborhood, lots of transient-looking people, very commercial street, stuffy and unpleasant-smelling rooms. I was surprised at how rundown everything looked. This is Orlando! Everyone's going to Disney, same as us, right? :P Not quite.

Also: tiny beds. They couldn't have even been full-sized--for four grown women, quite uncomfortable.

And apparently, as other reviews which I apparently failed to read beforehand have mentioned--it seems the housekeeping standard here is to only provide two sets of towels, regardless of the number of guests you have booked. We left a note one morning which kindly and explicitly asked for four sets, and it did work. But still. Is this supposed to be necessary?

Pluses included: decent, free breakfast. Proximity to Universal and Disney. Price. Next time we go, I will probably budget for around this same price, but look for a place with better reviews.

If you read this, Days Inn Florida Mall, here is what would help: cleaner smells. Newer bedclothes (again, I try not to be picky, but I was so relieved that we didn't return home with bedbugs). Providing towel sets which correspond to the number of guests staying in a given room. I understand you have to work with what you have (probably not in the budget for larger beds, new sheets, etc.), but there are some small changes you could make which would improve your guests' experience, and hence their likelihood to return. There are other places for around this price in the Orlando area. Try to outdo them!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

I would like to say that we sorry for your inconvenience

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had a great stay at this Days Inn (9 days)
The only thing that a little minor was the first morning we had breakfast.
It was really poor but that was due to that the waffle machines where broken . . .
Breakfast was really ok !
Eggs, sausage, small burgers, bacon, coffee+deca, thee, orange and apple juice, yoghurt, butter, jam, white bread, milk, oranges, apples, mixed fruit, Corn flakes, Loops, etc . . .
The only thing that would improve the breakfast for me was an additional kind of bread . .
Just my .02
Room was really clean and has a microwave + fridge (that really works including the small freezer that we used for our Ben & Jerry's . . ;-)
Pool is heated and cleaned every morning !
Really friendly staff and no question is one too much !!!!!
Congrats all !
If we have to be in the neighborhood . . . it will be this Days Inn - Orlando !

Keep up the good work folks !

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We are happy that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal.
We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Excellent maintenance. Maintenance problems seem to be taken care of immediately. We really appreciate the fact that everything works. Also, we like the new beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for your respone, we hope that you will visit us again very soon. we enjoyed having you.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The odor in our room when we first entered it almost knocked us down. The carpet was dirty when we arrived. I will NEVER stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

We are very sorry for inconvenience, we have taken care of this issue in that room by changing the bed to new beds and also changing the carpet.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel was in a great location. However, they gave me a room with a broken lock. For 5 straight days I had to go to the front desk to get them to fix my key because every time I left and returned, they key no longer worked. I was on the 2nd floor and I had to walk all the way down the stairs over to the office to get the key fixed. I complained. My wife complained. However, it was never fixed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Since discussing the issue with our staff, I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I have personally spoken with our Chief Engineer, to which I am assured that they have taken the necessary action within their department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.