“Hidden in a the hotel, but worth looking for ot”

Tradewinds Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tradewinds Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #386 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Academic Drive
Transit: The I - Ride trolley stops in front of our Hotel.
Description: Setting the standard for restaurants near SeaWorld®, we serve ordinary food done extraordinary well. From scrumptious omelets and wraps to satisfying burgers and fries, here you’ll enjoy upscale, but casual, American comfort food with an organic flair.
Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you have seen my review on the food in Sea World, what does one do if they really want "food" for dinner. Right across the street in the Rennaissance Hotel( Which from the inside looks like a city) is this quaint little bistro called the Tradewinds Restaurant. It has inside seating and outside seating which is really inside the hotel. But the hotel is so huge and gorgeous eating outside is a peasure. The food was well prepared. Expect tpo spend some money here. But I have to say the bread was the most impressive prtof the meal. To a Brooklnite getting a fresh hot and crisp real rye bread outisde of New York is Nirvana. When they brought that out I could smell my local Kings Higway bakery lo so many many years ago. The rest if the foor was just as good. I had an impressively grilled prime pork chop, which I honestly never had one quite like it before. Then I took a walk and got a coffee from the in hotel Starbucks. What a place!

There are newer reviews for Tradewinds Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The buffet is well stocked with a variety of options for proteins, fruits, carbs, and pretty much whatever you want to start your day with. They have a fresh fruit and vegetable juicer to make your own beverages, and a professional chef to station the omelette/eggs/pancakes/waffles bar.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The breakfast buffet has a juice machine you can use to mix the fruits and veggies they offer into a custom drink. The omelet bar, waffle bar, and full breakfast are tasty and delicious.

I had dinner there and found the french onion soup superb. They make their own broth which is essential for a great french onion soup. It was served with the right amount of croutons and cheese. The grilled salmon, sadly, was undercooked. After sending it back, it came back to me still undercooked and raw in the middle. That prevents them from getting 5 dots.

Dinner is served with a loaf of multigrain bread and flavored (honey?) butter. It was delicious, but I felt that a loaf of bread for someone dining alone was a lot.

Finally, my waiter, Carl, and waitress, Ana, (different meals) are great at their job. They know when to appear and when to stay away. They're quick to be sure the water glasses are full, and I found them friendly and developed a very positive relationship.

Since there are few dining choices in walking distance, this is the place I eat when staying at the Renaissance. It's better than the usual hotel fare, but it's the staff and the juice machine that made it stand out for me.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

The snapper is excellent. They split your order in the kitchen if you are sharing. Our Server (Carl) was very attentive and assisted us with other concerns we had. He went above and beyond to make sure our every need was exceeded.

1  Thank Kitty F
Reviewed January 9, 2013

It was great. huge selection. I would love to visit this for a Sunday morning even if we were not staying there.