“MASSIVE Venue (Minecon 2013)”

Orange County Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 437 things to do in Orlando
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a MASSIVE venue! We went as part of Minecon 2013, and were over in the western concourse. The facility is clean, modern and well designed for heavy traffic. The space was great and was easily decorable, as well.

There are food vendors on site, although they are spendy. If you have the option and wish to save money, I'd suggest bringing your own food. The food served isn't bad, but they also know that they are serving a captive audience and so it's not the best food I've ever had.

The staff (security, food booth, janitorial personnel) were friendly and ever present. It helped make us feel safe! They also seemed accommodating to the event staff, as well. The janitorial staff handled the large amount of people well. Clean floors, clean bathrooms, stocked toilet paper, etc.

There is a giant circle drive out front which was very accommodating to large traffic, as well. At one point, there were probably 10 or 11 full size busses out there shuttling 7500 people back and forth from Universal Studios, and it was easily managed.

One big complaint I have about the complex is the parking. If you aren't on the very western tip of the western concourse, you've got a good 15-20 minute walk to your car. Not so excellent after a long day of walking when your feet are already tired.

1  Thank ipapyrus

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just got back from the Minecon Convention. This Convention Center is the 2nd largest so it is huge! Luckily are convention was in a relatively small area. The food was okay for convention food, they had several different types, so that was nice and of course everything is pricey but not anymore than any other convention center. Several hotels (even cheap ones) within walking distance without crossing busy streets.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

My son and I went to Minecon here. This place is massive. However, I liked the setup better than most convention centers I have been to. We were in the west portion, so I can't comment on the other half of this behemoth. Parking is out back, and it is along walk to the main conference area. If you are going for a conference, the hotels just north of it are a good location - you can walk to the conference, and there are lots of restaurants along international drive that you can walk to also. Beware the food at the convention center. Grossly overpriced (as always when you are trapped in these places) but also not very good at all.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I recently attended a convention at Orange County convention center. It is second largest convention center in USA and it is absolutely massive with two separate concourse. Be prepared for lot of walking especially if you are staying at hotels other than Peabody(Hyatt) as it is quite huge and good 10-15 minute walk from other convention center area hotels which can be a bit of Challenge in hot/humid Orlando weather in summer months. There are plenty of food options within convention centre.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I was at the convention center with my son for Minecon. The facility was fine - clean, well-lit, spacious & well-staffed. The food is over-priced and awful. Truly awful. Even the Papa John's pizza was poorly prepared. There were 10 of us eating in our group. We had grilled chicken sandwiches, burgers, pizza, turkey sandwiches and gyros amongst all of us (gyros were $9.75 and tasted like canned dog food smells). No one ate more than a bite. We ended up purchasing Sabras hummus & pretzel snack packs (extremely over-priced) just to eat something. The next day, we stopped at a deli and brought our own sandwiches and bottled water. That day was much better!! The facility was fine, but the food was dreadful.

3  Thank lovenyc210