“Nice hotel, wonderful staff, BUT bad housekeeping!”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #52 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We booked this hotel through Seaworld package of buy 3 get 2 nights free. We chose this place because it's relatively new. Overall we were quite happy with our stay even though we were not happy with their housekeeping at all.

We checked in around 7 pm, and got a room on 6th floor (we were asked for our preference whether we wanted high fl or lower fl). Check-in was smooth and fast. But when I got to the room, it was not clean at all. It looked like someone was still in there or it wasn't been done after guests checking out. I first thought I got in a wrong room! So I had to go back and ask for a new room. That was not a good way to start our stay. After we got into another room, I realized that there was only a walk-in shower, no bath tub. So I went back to ask if I could get a new room with a bathtub because it's more convenient for a two-year old. The staff was very nice and helpful. She gave us an accessible King-bed room on 5th floor.

Room is very spacious. Bathroom and restroom are huge. We like the layout and decor very much. Have to say that it's not spotless. There were some stain and dusty spots throughout. Bed is nice but bedding sheets are not as comfortable as what we just had at Comfort Suites airport (sorry, can't help comparing). One nice thing though is that we didn't hear any noise from next doors or hall way at all during our stay.

Breakfast was nice. Plenty of food and seating. Food is the same everyday though. We didn't have problem of over crowded during breakfast time like in other reviews. Maybe because the hotel was only about half full. However, our last day, which was Halloween, breakfast was a lot more crowded than previous days, but still no problem getting food or finding seats. One problem about their breakfast is that one (out of three) waffle machine was not working properly throughout our stay, then on last day, another one was broken too.

Business center with 3 computers and free printing was good. Internet connection in our room was very slow though.

Shuttle service (through 3rd party) to Seaworld parks is free and pretty good. We used it only once because we spent most of our time at Disney. We didn't use their shuttle service to Disney because it would have cost us (2 adults+1 child) more than Disney parking fee, and it has very limited schedule.

Staff are very nice and very accommodating. We requested for a late check-out since our flight was late evening, and got 2 pm check-out without extra charge.

Here comes the part we didn't like about this hotel, and this is why I couldn't give higher rating. Housekeeping was bad. Day 2, one trash can wasn't empty. Day 4, One trash can was left without a bag and empty tissue boxes were not replaced. Day 5, our room was left open when we came back at 8 pm! One of facial soap bars we got had moldy stain. We reported this to the front desk and got some apology.

Overall is good. I'd recommend this place to others in the next 6 months but not sure if we would return though with housekeeping service they have.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank SuperTul

Reviewed October 30, 2009

We were pleasant surprised by this property. It's located directly accross from Seaworld, and we had a nice view of the park from our 6th floor room. The room was very clean andlaid out well. Staff was friendly and the complimentary hot breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TicoLee
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Partner and I stayed from September 24-27 vacationing from Chicago area. Hotel staff provided excellent customer service, very clean, and safe. Room was large, trendy, and extremely comfortable.

*******IMPORTANT***********Upon arrival, pizza menus where under our door, which I thought was great. I called STEFANO'S Pizza, biggest mistake ever!! Flyer stated best pizza and fastest service. Gentleman explained pizza would arrive in about 1 hr. After 1 hr 10 minutes, still hadnt arrived so I called. Stated driver was on his way. 10 minutes later, the driver calls my cell from his cell phone, explaining he had been pulled over and on his way. After a brief altercation in lobby, and $5 off my pizza and fries, I went up to my room at 4am to eat COLD, SOGGY pizza. Never again!! The next night, there were 3 more flyers under our door.

ALSO:::::There was a message on phone regarding Discount Disney tickets. Don't fall for it, two guys working were very cocky marketers who tried to rip us off. They charge more for tickets than if you just buy at the park. Very rude and try to con you into time share rentals. SpringHill should keep a better eye on the the deceptive business practices of cross promoting companies located on their property.

I will absolutley stay again, only this time I will not deal with the outrageous behavior of the businesses listed above.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IcedWrist304
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My wife, 2-year old and I stayed for just 1 night in late August. We had a positive experience and recommend this hotel. It seemed to be brand new and has a great design aesthetic with a cool modern flair. It has a great pool for young kids, with water spouts and lights. A few caveats though, the free breakfast was mayhem, there were way too many people, huge lines and everything was a mess. Also, my room was not ready when I arrived (which was well after check-in time) and I had to wait a while for it to be ready, but the staff was friendly and it wasn' t a big deal. The hotel is just a block from Seaworld and a couple of blocks from Aquatica, so location can't be beat for visits to those parks.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank juanlb
Reviewed October 5, 2009

Very new and very nice hotel. Staff is friendly. Same basic free breakfast but staff was more than accomodating. Housekeeping staff is great and the Marriott.com had a summer special rate for 59.00 per night. Best 59.00 spent on a hotel in Fl.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mastcfw
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We were heading to Disney for a week to stay at our Disney timeshare but decided to leave a day early and see Seaworld for the first time with our 6 year old son. I had a nearby Hilton booked and then started looking into the Seaworld ticket prices and found that Marriott partners with them. The tickets alone (best price anywhere) for the 3 of us would have been ove $190. The room at any nearby hotel- $85. We got length of stay tickets and a new modern room for less than $180.
This is abarnd new location VERY close to the entrance of Seaworld. It is right next door to the Fairfield Inn and they share a pool. There is a also aTGIF resturant within walking distance in the parking lot.
This is a very new, sparkling clean hotel. The check in staff as excellent. We arrived at noon, well before a room was ready but they were happy to give us the Seaworld passes so we could enjoy the afternoon at the park. The package provided a Shamu stuffed toy for my son ($8.99 at the park) and upgrade to premium parking. They may have had a shuttle but we preferred to have our rental with us.
The rooms were VERY clean and modern. We had a pullout bed which was perfect for my son and rest of the room was spacious. Perfect for the business traveler as well. I will complain that the only downfall is with cool glass doors to the bathroom and shower, when you flick the light on to use the bathroom(s), the entire room was lit up.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning was excellent..cereals, waffles and eggs - all the basics nicely presented. We were there at prime time but no waits and lots of tables available. Between this and the no parking fee, it just made it a best bet for one night.
We saw lots of families enjoying the pool but we did not get a chance to see it up close. My final verdict was that this was a GREAT fit to our needs for one night. For a week, with a family in tow - the Seaworld package is a great deal but we may have been on top of each other in the room after a week.
We have had a chance to stay at one more of these SpringHill suites and they are a nice Marriott branded hotel. For location, CLEANLINESS and Seaworld amenities, cannot be beat!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank tber
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This hotel is brand new and it is very nice and modern. The room and bathroom were both clean. I ended up with a room with 2 queens which seemed larger than the king I had originally reserved. I don't know if that is the case for all of the king rooms or just the corner one I was first given. The hotel is very close to Seaworld if that is one of your choices of parks to visit. The staff was very nice and polite. They were helpful with directions etc. Now, my few negative remarks. The breakfast area is very small and really is crowded when the hotel is full. It was not a pleasant experience. Although the pool is very nice, it is shared with the Fairfield Inn next door. I imagine it could be quite busy there if both hotels were full. I think the fitness center was also shared, although it was very nice and was not overly busy when I was there. Finally, there are 3 computers, but they are very slow. It's very frustrating to use them. The rate I got was very good and I would possibly stay there again depending on which season I went.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo