“Sea World Friends for the 65th”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #51 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My 65th birthday wish was to go to Sea World with friends. We Picked this hotel cause it had 2 queen beds and a fold out and next to Sea World. Place was great. We were in 1314 quite 1 room away from the elevator. We enjoyed our selves at the hotel as well as Sea World. Got quick pass from the concierge that got us to the front of the line on the big attractions. You should have seen the faces when the time was a 45 minute wait and we walked in like we owned the place. Also got the meal deal but barely made it for the fees. Pool & spa were the best after walking all day. The shower/tub is in a separate area from the toilet both have sinks which made it convenient. Breakfast was great, bagels, egg, sausage, waffles and more. Price was a bit under $500 for the room, admission to Sea world & food package for 3 adults. I normally camp in my trailer but this was so nice may do it again. You near to Disney, Universal, Wet n Wild..I enjoyed myself.

Room Tip: we were in 1314
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family of three stayed here for the week of Thanksgiving. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and spacious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to Sea World, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove, and just a short drive from other parks. The breakfast is okay, about the same as most other hotels. The hotel is also within walking distance of a TGI Fridays, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Panera Bread. There are plenty of other restaurants just a short drive down I-Drive.

My only complaint was with the concierge service. Twice we were given misinformation about the places we were going. I understand that the concierge cannot know everything about every establishment in the city, but one of these places was a Sea World property. I expected the concierge at a Sea World affiliated hotel to be familiar with the Sea World properties.

Overall though, we had a great week and will most likely use this hotel again in the future.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

from the moment you walk in you know this is not your run of the mill hotel. the front desk was fast and friendly. the decor was very modern and bright. I stayed with my 5 yearold daughter and we both loved our room. very clean which is a priority for me. plenty of free parking. (another priority). the beds were very comfortable. everything worked fine. no stains on the carpet or furniture. the breakfast can get a little crowded, however it was not insane. the only complaint I had was the cheeseburger from room service. the delivery man was very nice and professional. the burger though was very bland. I don't blame the kitchen, I just believe the burger needs to be upgraded. when I checked out I mentioned this to the desk just as a heads up not expecting anything. $10 was taken off my bill right away with an apology. I would highly recommend this hotel. by the way, I got a rate of $80 a night for 2 nights. (sunday/monday). thanks for providing a wonderful stay for me and my daughter.

Room Tip: room 1414 was very quiet and everything worked well.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am a very frequent business traveler. Usually, I stay at a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn when I travel. Because there was a Seaworld deal running with this hotel, I thought I would give the Marriott brand name a try. I was very disappointed with my experience. Overall, the hotel is clean and the staff is mostly friendly. Breakfast was a horrible. There were crowds, not enough tables to sit down at, and the food was well below sub-par. My husband (who eats anything) could not stomach the sausage. The biscuits were under-cooked. It is free, but trust me, if you stay here, just go down the street to McDonald's. It will be better.
The room is not a suite BTW. Just a long bedroom separated by a desk partition. The beds were old and well used. Not at all comfortable.
We were a party of four. The first day, we used all of the small bottle of shampoo left. We did not get any more shampoo the second day and had to actually go down to the front desk and ask for it. We actually had to ask the third day as well. On our last night, housekeeping finally left us extra shampoos. We also had to ask for additional towels and washrags as the bare minimum was provided. We did not get any extra hand towels until our final night.
I did like the separation of the toilet area from the shower area and as I said the hotel is very clean. If you like the bare minimum and just a place to sleep, this may be the place for you if it is bundled with your Orlando tickets. However, the going rate without the bundle was $209 a room. The room is not really worth more than maybe $75 a night. I will stick with Hilton for all my future travel plans including business and will not likely stay at a Marriott Hotel chain again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you want bare minimums.
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed November 23, 2013

What a wonderful hotel, exceeded our expectations! Our room was clean, spacious and elegant. The shower superb! The room was quiet, although noise in the hall could be heard in our room. The breakfast was fine, I loved being able to walk to Panara's for dinner. The hotel was wonderful before even adding the bonus features for Seaworld attendees; including free quick pass tickets, reservations for show and transportation. The exercise room was adequate, the pool seemed a little exposed but looked like it was fun for families. Easy to get anywhere from the hotel. The separate toilet and bath had pluses and minuses; I really liked the sliding door access.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mainetaxmaven
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed here with husband, son and his girlfriend. Great hotel, large comfortable rooms - two beds, sofa, fridge, microwave etc. Good breakfast, coffee, juice etc and plenty of onsite parking. Right next to Seaworld which was fab and a Publix close by - would use this hotel again. We were on the top floor which was really quiet all week.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sue13Cwmbran
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great rooms, good size and nice to have a separate toilet to bathroom. Friendly staff.
Ideal location for Seaworld and Aquatica, in fact we walked back from Seaworld on our second visit. Free transport to and from Seaworld and Aquatica and free quick pass tickets for Seaworld.
Nice pool and spa and great complementary breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Nice view overlooking pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple