“great two week stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
staffordshire
“great two week stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just returned from a two week stay at Springhill Suites. The hotel is kept in a very good condition and all areas are spotlessly clean.
We were allocated a lovely room on the third floor with a view of Seaworld and even Wishes fireworks at the Magic Kingdom in the far distance!
All staff we encountered, including front desk, housekeeping and especially breakfast team were friendly and polite. The breakfast team ran a very efficient service and front desk staff were always ready with a smile and 'hello' every time we walked by.
We would certainly consider returning but did have a couple of gripes:
1. Housekeeping was good but very late most days. We would go out to the parks at about 8am and return ready for a quick nap at about 4pm only to find the room had not been serviced so we were unable to relax.
2. On most days while having breakfast in the lobby the concierge desk staff sat at their desk dealing with people who approached them but on our last day a lady with long dark red hair (who we hadn't seen previously) approached everyone sitting eating breakfast to 'hassle' them about buying tickets or going to timeshare presentations. We did not think it was appropriate to do this and can only hope it was indeed a one off. Had it happened earlier during our stay we would certainly have complained. Even though we said we were going home that day she did not give up and obviously did not understand the word 'no'.
Overall we had a great stay and would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking SeaWorld or the lake
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager1176, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorldR, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent review of the hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you will hopefully be visiting us the next time you are in Orlando. I would like to apologize for the delays you experienced with housekeeping. Your comments will be shared with the team to ensure we are striving to take care of our guests in a timely manner. Your feedback regarding the breakfast will also be shared with our hotel partners that manager that area. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have a hard time writing this review. We recently stayed in Orlando at Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. We are Marriott gold members and my husband and I stayed for 10 nights on rewards points. We were in Orlando to visit WDW and enjoy a long vacation. The hotel itself is very clean & very new. The décor was great and the lobby area very nice.Housekeeping was wonderful and each day our room was spotless. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, and even during crowded times, thought it was a great benefit of the hotel. The pool area was smaller, but very nice - never too crowded for us. The rooms were pretty spacious which was very nice for a longer stay. There was a Buffalo Wild Wings & TGI Fridays basically in the same parking lot as the hotel. We loved the fact that Fridays would deliver and let you charge food to your room. So overall the hotel in itself was great & if I was just basing my review on that it would have received 5 stars.

Unfortunately, in our opinion the staff (excluding housekeeping which was wonderful) was not properly trained in guest services. There were multiple occasions where we received very unkind treatment from the staff. Sometimes when asking a question almost sarcastic answers were received by staff. We had a rental car but wanted to take a taxi to EPCOT center, so while checking in during the day we asked about how much it would be for a taxi to WDW or do they offer shuttles? We were told no shuttles and the taxi "would be about $100". In reality there is a shuttle you can purchase tickets for & a taxi was $35. Why we got the answer we did is beyond me. In another instance, before checking out we wanted to call down to make sure everything was settled and that we did not need to stop by the front desk before checking out (lugging around 10 days of luggage is not fun for anyone) I called the front desk multiple times and was hung up on so we decided to just go ahead and lug our stuff to the front desk. The girl at the counter seemed very annoyed and when I commented that we tried to call down she remarked that maybe I didn't know how to use a phone. Little interactions like this with the staff were pretty common.

My husband did respond to a survey about our stay about two weeks ago and so far we have not been contacted by the hotel. This is why I struggled so much with writing this review. I may have given a little more credit to the hotel if I realized that they valued the opinions & comments of the people staying there & were working to change this sort of behavior. This apparently is not the case with Springhill Suites at SeaWorld.

To sum it all up if you just want a nice, clean, new hotel in the area this hotel will work for you, but you need to be willing to dismiss the behavior of the staff. Some people may be okay with this. I on the other hand would prefer to stay at a place that I feel like a welcome guest and at Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld I did not.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank JT051881
Thank you for your review and for taking the time to provide feedback. Please accept my sincere apology that we let you down during your recent stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service excellence and it was disappointing that we did not provide the service that you have come to expect with our brand. I truly appreciate your feedback as it will help our management team continue to improve and strive towards providing great service every stay. Your comments have been shared with our leadership team members so we can look for further opportunity and to address the specific feedback you provided.

If you are ever in our area again, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly so that we can be sure to show you what great service we can provide. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Orlando at SeaWorld.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Two weeks ago we stayed at this hotel and was a great experience.The rooms were very clean and well decorated, the property is kept very well and the environment is excellent, breakfast was good with different options every day and fresh products but the best for us was the service,since our arrival we did receive an excellent service, Nicole and Vinny and the front desk were so helpful and every time we noticed that every staff member was ready to serve, help and give the best of them to satisfy the guess needs. Thank you to management and staff member for the great service offered.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us earlier this month. It is great to hear that you had such a great stay while you were with us. The time you took to share your review is greatly appreciated and we love hearing that our associates took well care of you as a guest. Your review will be shared with the hotel staff. Thank you again and please come back and visit us soon. Have a wonderful day.
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

First off let me start off by saying I've wanted to stay at this hotel for a few years and finally got to stay here last week May 8th-15th 2013. What grabbed me from the reviews and pictures was the design of the place, from the rooms to the lobby, it just looked cool, calm and relaxing. And if you’re going to Orlando to do the parks, you really need a place you can relax at once you've been in the sun all day.
I visited with 3 other friends (ages 25-33). We don't have kids (although we like them) and wanted to be able to have fun and relax. But I think this hotel caters to everyone. I think its great for families, (they had kid activites) and great for adults just looking to have fun, or on business. I will say I don’t remember hearing kids running through the halls or being loud. I feel like they built the place pretty well so everyone has their privacy. It also wasn’t school vacation so that may have had a difference. But the families we did see, seemed to be having fun and the kids seemed to love the pool!
The hotel is beautifully designed and it makes you feel like you’re staying at an expensive place without the expensive price. I even liked how they designed the hallways..lol...
The staff was friendly and helpful. We even needed extra towels a few times and they came right up. They do give you 5 towels per room which is awesome since there is a sleeper sofa and the room can sleep 5.
The breakfast is great however like other reviews said it ends so early!! This is probably my biggest complaint. I think it was till 9:30 on weekdays and 9am on weekends (or vice versa) We took a rest from the parks and had two pool days, and wanted to sleep in and missed breakfast only to find out the pool bar doesn’t open till 3pm on the weekdays. So we couldn’t order food until lunch time. Now there is a T.G.I.Fridays, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Panara in the parking lot, which is great, however when breakfast is included in your rate, and the breakfast is shared with another hotel which makes it very busy, it would be great if you could sleep till 9 or so, on your vacation and still eat after the crowds have died down. A lot of people have complained about this and I’m surprised they haven’t changed it. This is probably the one factor that holds me back from giving it 5 stars. It would be nice if they maybe left out the yogurt and bagels or cereal just for those who are running late (I mean on your vacation no one wants to be rushed…lol)
Anyways we did end up eating at panara or wawa. Now you may have been able to order room service before 3pm but we were looking for breakfast and it was only lunch items.
Another great thing is how close you are to everything. There’s a Dennys, Taco bell, McDonalds and WaWa within walking distance.. Also near by is a Publix grocery store in a plaza with a whole bunch of other stores. You could walk to it if you needed to, but there’s also a CVS right outside the hotel ( 2mins walking) and Walgreens across the main street. If you didn’t have a car you still had a lot of options within walking distance. Plus your like a 2 min drive from SeaWorld, Aqautica, and Discovery Cove. And you can see SeaWorld and Aqautica from your hotel window. There’s a free shuttle to SeaWorld and Universal but the times for Universal are limited. Universal is also only like 15 mins away which was nice.

The pool was great and the pool bar staff was very friendly and accommodating! The food there is good too. They offer sandwiches, salads, apps and then pizza from pizza hut. We tried the turkey wrap, grilled chicken taco salad and the pizza and it was all really good, very reasonably priced. Sometimes when you stay at a hotel you pay twice as much for food and alcohol but these prices were great. Every day they had a drink special (usually $5), beer special, and food special. Their mixed drinks are delicious, they don’t have every liquor imaginable but they did have everything we liked! You could also order tgi fridays and they would bring it to you as well. The starbucks in the lobby was also a benefit as well, definitely liked the caffine boost in the morning.
The pool is huge, with a zero entry for kids and then it went up to 5ft I believe. You never really felt like people were on top of you, but I'm not sure what it would be like during school vacation.
The only other complaint I would have is the guy at the expedia desk last Thursday morning. I don’t blame the hotel for this either. The woman there was nice but he was condescending and rude. He asked us how he could help us, we asked our question, and then he repeated “So I may I help you” (with an attitude). So we reworded our question. Trust me, I work in a restaurant and at another retail travel club, I constantly get asked stupid questions and think to myself, seriously? Did they just ask me that? However never in my life I would be that rude. We asked a legit question and he could have said “oh do you mean….” And try to work it out with us. No he was snotty about it. I didn’t appreciate it at all…lol…
But other than breakfast and him we had an awesome stay. The rooms are great and we loved the separated toilet in one room and shower in another. The sectional sofa was comfortable and so weren’t the beds.
We had a great time! I am definitely going to stay there again and can’t wait to go back! It had everything we needed. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank YaYa03
Belo Horizonte, MG
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel looks amazing, the decor is very modern and it is all brand new. The facilities are very well kept and the rooms are big and well decorated. The breakfast is good, includes yougurt, waffles, fruits, fruit salad and toast, coffee and juices and tea are also provided.

Regarding service provided at the front desk, it could not be worse. All the times I had to resource to front desk I had troubles. First of all, it charges for receiving packages, and it does not state anywhere at the hotel page in Marriott websites. It is not a very upcoming atittude. Also I had two packages misplaced and took me another day and a message to Marriott website "contact us" form to get it arranged. It is impossible to reach a manager while within the property.

I had another mishappening when I got more packages and I got a voicemail stating I had two new packages from the reception desk and when I arrived there was none. The hotel could be more upfront and simply say they don't take deliveries.

Also, housekeeping is not well taken care of. We left one day at around 10:00am and returned around 5:00 pm and the room has not been tidied. My mother who was with me reached a maid in the hall and asked for clean towels and that was all they provided, no cleaning was offered.
In the favour, in the days that we had housekeeping service the service was very good, but they don't seem to have any consistency of service.

I reached Marriott regarding these issues and unfortunately the chain policy is to say they have sent it to the property manager and that's about it.

I have stayed in other properties in Orlando, by Hilton and Radisson and have had much nicer experiences.

I would not recommend this hotel, even with its nice furnishings because of the annoyances which happens when there is a need to interact with customer service.

Room Tip: There are nice rooms overlooking Seaworld, ask for a high floor. Also there rooms are very quiet and...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ranerio V
Thank you for taking the time to provide your recent feedback of the hotel. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and the complimentary breakfast provided to our guests. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the troubles you experienced with receiving pacagakes at the hotel. Your feedback is grealy appreciated and we will look into having the information updated on our website. We will also use your feedback to help the front desk to ensure the process we have for receiving packages for guests is up to date and easy for tracking. I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future here at the Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you need a hotel either for business or vacation and you would like to be close to Sea World in Orlando, I recommend the Springhill suites at SeaWorld. This property is probably the cleanest hotel I have ever been to and I travel for a living. The rooms are spacious and a bit different then many of the typical places you may stay at. The shower stall is fantastic....you will not want to leave it. The shower spray comes from several locations and is an unexpected joy. The housekeeping is perfect and the rooms are always done quickly and perfectly. Breakfast is bountiful and very well kept by Michelle. This hotel has a beautiful pond outside loaded with wildlife...birds, ducks and fish. The pond is wonderful and relaxing just to walk by or stand near. Basically, the hotel is clean, easy, friendly and wonderful. There is easy access to Sea World and various restaurants. The pool is exciting and friendly for kids with numerous activities, and great for adults with a bar and food. The hotel is fantastic for all...you must stay here!

Room Tip: You want clean, easy, and friendly. Free breakfast is always a nice extra.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experiences from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the amenities we have to offer. It's great to hear when our staff has made a guests stay so enjoyable. Your review will be shared with the staff. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again. Have a great day!
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. It was in a great location since we were going to be visiting Sea World and Aquatica. We were 1/2 mile from each park! They even have a shuttle to the parks if you wanted to use it. They also will give you a discount card for the 2 parks to save 10% on food and purchases and will give Quick Que tickets so you can go to the front of the line on the rides!
The pool and splash area is really nice. Our 4 year never wanted to leave. They also have a bar and food options right there.
Breakfast was ok. Hard for those who want to eat healthy. It is very carb heavy with not a lot of protein choices or fresh fruit.
The room itself was very nice. Great setup with a divider between the bed and couch area (great to put our little one to bed on the pull out and them not to be able see us.) Loved the two bathroom areas- one had a small sink and toilet and the other a sink with counter and a shower. Note there is no tub. Our complaint about the room was the lack of towel racks- there were none. The have 1 two prong hook in the bathroom. It was not anywhere enough for a room that had three people in it who had not only wet towels, but also wet bathing suits from the Splash Area at the hotel and from going to Aquatica.
The hotel is very quiet and clean.
Also great about the location is that there is a Panera Bread, a Buffalo Wild wings, a TGIF and a CVS pharmacy right there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your recent review of the hotel. It's great information to be shared for all guests that are traveling to the Orlando area. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the pool area. It's a great hit with the little ones. Thank for your feedback regarding the breakfast and the ideas of towel racks. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Orlando.