“GREAT hotel my whole family loved it!”

SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorldR
Ranked #56 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“GREAT hotel my whole family loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place is great! Very clean and modern our housekeeper did a fabulous job. We stayed July 16-21st in 1632 she deserves kudos. The whole staff was very friendly and my kids loved the waffle station! Definitely recommend and will stay there again! Also its very conveniently located to all the parks just minutes away!

4 Thank nevadagirl79
H M, Manager at SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorldR, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. We truly appreciate the time you take to provide this feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed the room as well as the waffle station. We have shared your review with our entire housekeeping department. We look forward to having you back for any future travels to Orlando.

Have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is modern and ideally located on junction of International Drive and the Central Florida Parkway. There is plenty of free parking and no resort fees (that are unfairly charged by some other hotels). This is the third time we have used Marriot hotels in the states and would not hesitate to recommend them.
The rooms are very large and well maintained with two double beds, fridge, microwave, separate lounge area and very effective air conditioning. The complimentary breakfast is excellent with plenty of fruit, Kellogs cereals, yogurt, bread, cakes and juice – there was also some cooked items. We ate breakfast at a variety of times during our stay and although it got very busy at times there was never any problem finding a table and if any item had run out, it was quickly replaced. There is also free internet access pcs in the lobby
There is easy access to and from the I4 although we found northbound easier by going via Turkey Lake Road.
Our only complaint was that there were no safety deposit box available for us on arrival. Unfortunately the red haired female receptionist who checked us in really couldn’t have cared less and suggested we try again tomorrow – not sure that she cracked a smile once during our stay. After explaining that we believed this was unacceptable for this class of hotel, she suggested we could see if the neighbouring Fairfield Inn had any boxes available. It would have been nice if she had offered to enquire for us. Fortunately they did and the staff there could not have been more helpful. All other staff we encountered during our stay were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank McJameos
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with teen ministry. First impression began great with a very pleasant individual, very helpful. Check into rooms, later to find one room inadequate to say the least. The room smelled freshed, but later found that the housekeeping spent more time using airfreshner and less time cleaning. Bathroom wasn't clean, no major biggie as I travel with cleaning products just in case. However I could not get over the problem of the filthy carpet. Not only had it not looked vacuumed, but there was nasty stains all over especially by the sofa bed. When I called front desk to complain and inquire if it could be clean. I received a very sarcastic response. It was stated that it may be stains from previous stay and should be easy to get up if not they would have to order the carpet to be cleaned but not available today. I asked if I could be moved to another room, but was abrutly shut down to the request and she stated that they were completely booked. The only thing she could do at this point is, I deal with the room for the night and she could move me the next day to another room or to the Fairfield Inn next door, but not my entire party. She made it abundantly clear that moving everyone wasn't an option. Meanwhile we have gone back and forth, while I was advised to wait for a HouseKeeping supervisor to come and evaluate the stains in the carpet for the outcome. While over 30 to 40 minutes past, there is no show of a supervisor. I notice the room across the hall is vacant and just cleaned, I ask if I could move to that room. Then I was told no rooms were clean and if so they belonged to someone else. I advised them I personally witness the room being cleaned and I reminded them I was already here and the other guests weren't. At that point I was moved across the hall, all was well until...Next morning teens get up to enjoy breakfast before departing for Universal, just to find no MEAT! Who does breakfast without meat? Unless you are a vegetarian, not any teens I know. Later was advised they would have bacon the next day, but they are hungry now. The breakfast attendant was super nice, but even her pleasant attitude could not make up for the poor outlay of this supposely hot breakfast. Most carbs and nothing else. Wow, thank God it was free, as it should be. It wasn't anything to write home about. As promised the next day they did have bacon, but turkey bacon that looked as if they pulled it from a freezer, slighty heated and served. AWFUL!!! Even the presentation was poor. Nevertheless we made it through,and wasn't too disappointed with the rest of the stay, just didn't look forward to a decent breakfast, not here anyway. I was really disappointed however, we have stayed in Springhill Suites before and found the breakfast to be great and offer so much more and again for free. Friday I called the front desk to ask for a late checkout as we were traveling with teens who were all tired from in and out and all day park visits. So I knew everyone would want to sleep in a little late before we traveled back to SC. I was advised no problem whatsoever and I thank the individual and before hanging up asked for reassurance that it was noted. The very next morning before 9 am a hotel maid is knocking on the door and proceeds to come in without my even answering. Why? I ignored it and went back to sleep as she did close the door immediately. Later I woke a little after 11am and decided to call front desk to again reassure we had the late checkout. Just to be told very rudely that NO there wasn't a late check out noted and that they needed their rooms immediately, therefore we needed to be out by 12 no exceptions. I ignored the rude behavior as I hadn't expected anything less from this individual as she was the same Nice, NOT individual I had encounter on the nasty carpet. I then asked for the person by name whom I had confirmed that it wasn't a problem the day before. Just to be thrown for a loop. Before she was great, but immediately got on the phone refuting she did not note a late check out and that they were extremely busy and needed their rooms, just as the previous individual stated. I reminded her of the conversation and you later stated that you did do a late checkout, but only on the room I was calling from. I asked you why would you do it for one room, knowing full well we were traveling as a group. You were real apologetic, Not FAKE! and proclaimed there was nothing you could do and again repeated you were real busy and needed your rooms immediately and the best you could do is give me maybe 30 minutes for the other rooms.We had to rush everyone in a fast mode, praying nothing was being left behind. I thought this was going to be a long-term relationship as inspite of the poor breakfast and the one I thought rude clerk and dirty carpet I could overlook because of the reasonable pricing. But the blatent disrepect at the end isn't worth it. I would rather go elsewhere and pay a higher price to get better service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MinG29505
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the level of service you received while you were a guest at the Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld.

We at the Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld pride ourselves in the level of customer service that we render to all our guests, and we are deeply saddened that we were not able to meet nor exceed your expectations.

Your review has been shared will all departments of the hotel and will be used as a training tool to avoid a recurrence of your experiences.

Again, thank you for your time and have a wonderful day!
Cedartown, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Family vacation time so we decided to splurge a bit. We usually go for a little less glitz. Almost everything about our stay was excellent. Check in : Adam handled our check in promptly and and was very pleasant. The room and all the amenities were as advertised. Room clean and friendly staff. Only qualm we had was that the room where stayed wreaked of cigarette smoke. I was pretty sure we reserved a non-smoking room. Decided not to worry about since we didn't spend much time in the room. We took in the sights and let our son enjoy the pool every evening. Would recommend this location...

1 Thank JRBrazier
Thank you so much for sharing your review regarding your recent stay at the Springhill Suites Orlando at SeaWorld. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Orlando.

We are sorry for the inconvenience of the odor in your room. Our entire hotel is non smoking and we have shared your review with our housekeeping department to use as a training tool.

We look forward to welcoming you back for any future travel needs to Orlando.

Have a wonderful day!
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We recently stayed at this Hotel and had a great time. Our goal was to visit SeaWorld, Aquatica and the Universal Parks and the hotel location was perfect. Not more than 15 mins to Universal or Disney and minutes from SeaWorld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.

We did not use the Shuttles because we have a 2 Year old and we needed the flexibility of having our own car.
The hotel was clean, the room was big.
I only have two small issues
1) apparently the rooms with king Size beds do not have bath tubs. This made bathing our 2 year old a little difficult but we made due with the stand up shower.
2) The quick queues go fast. Make sure to get yours the day before because there are no guarantees that they will be available in the morning.

Other than the stay was great. Room service was good. and the staff was friendly and polite. We will definitely be staying again.

1 Thank NJG3977
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in July and was very pleased with the cleanliness and service, reasonable price and location (across the side street from Sea World). Free self service hot breakfast and free shuttle to Sea World. Room had both a small frig and a microwave which we used and appreciated. Had 2 bathrooms; one housed the toilet plus a small sink and the other housed the tub/shower, sink and vanity. Free use of computers in the lobby. A restaurant and pharmacy are within walking distance. Purchase your Sea World tickets online prior to arrival to get a better discount.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and were pleased it was soooo quiet.