“Great location, hotel & value!!!!”

SpringHill Suites Orlando at SeaWorldR
Ranked #48 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
redsamp11
“Great location, hotel & value!!!!”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We chose this hotel because a) it is part of the Marriott family and b) it was affilliated with SeaWorld. We were not disappointed. The rate was cheap (in my opinion), the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the SeaWorld perks were great and the location was perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Only stayed one night at this Springhill hotel for business, but it was a great stay. Spacious and clean room. Room smelled nice, fresh, and clean, which is great for someone like me with sinus & allergy issues. Staff was professional and courteous. Breakfast was ok. Overall, I felt comfortable during my stay. And I rarely feel that way about most hotels.

• Stayed October 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed here in October. The room is modern and clean. Free WiFi and breakfast. The breakfast was not great, but free. The final bill showed a restaurant charge on the first day that we did not use. Went to the front desk in early in the morning and she said she would ask the manager in 10 minutes. An hour later, a different staff, had no idea about this, but said she would also ask the manager. About 30 minutes later, the manager came out and said he could not do anything until the accountant came in, suppose to be there already, but hadn't shown up yet. We needed to check out and was not in the mood to wait for this. The manager kept saying that our name had to be on the receipt to be charged, but we insisted we did not use the restaurant. Most ridiculous to make us wait for the accountant, obviously we did not use the restaurant to go to all that trouble for $35. The manager should have credited us right away instead of making us wait. He finally did, but we ended up all upset and wasted a lot of time. Poor, poor service!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ylc25
Sunshine Coast Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My family spent 4 nights here in Sept and were extremely pleased with our stay. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the facilities were great and location was excellent too. Of particular note was the friendliness of the staff - and I would especially like to mention Andrea who worked in the breakfast area. She was extremely pleasant and friendly and went out of her way to offer advice on our plans for the day.
The gym was great- really appreciated it being available 24hours (a good workout is the best jetlag cure!), and our daughter loved the pool area. Breakfast was great. Overall an excellent choice and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We visited Orlando for a family vacation this August. My company offered really nice deal for booking this hotel during the summer and when researching the area it ended up to be situated perfectly for visiting all the attraction Orlando can offer.
What drawn me to this hotel? Its part of Marriott and do like the chain. It was relatively new and not refurbished, had free breakfast and rooms with their modern look were quite appealing.
I was really nicely surprised - it was clean, the stuff was very friendly, nice pool and great kids program if you decide to take some time off. The rooms were spacious and had a microwave and refrigerator if you want to use it.(As you know you are lost without having enough water in FL).CVS is just around the corner.
I loved the special touch when the cleaning staff rearranged nicely on the bed all the stuffed animals we were accumulating day by day. The breakfast was nice and had different kind of yogurt, cereal and fruits daily. The hit were the waffles of course, but mostly I was impressed by the people who were cleaning after the guests. It was kept neat and clean.
I loved that there was a Starbucks coffee station and also the daily special on the pool bar. The pool was great for relaxation after a long day walking around the parks and as a bonus we can see all the night fireworks from the Sea world, while sitting on the lounge chairs.
My only complain could be that the there is not enough elevators, but this is really an issue in almost every hotel no matter how big or small it is.

So - briefly - HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! Definitely we will go back and it make our trip more enjoyable for sure.
Thanks Polina

Room Tip: Go one morning in advance to pick up your fast pass for the Sea World from the concierge desk. Also...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Normally, I wouldv'e let this go and not commented---but this really pissed me off. I purchased a 2 night stay at the SpringHill Suites in Orlando/Seaworld--it was prepaid through a third party. I overlooked the lack of drainage of the bathtub, and the fact that the key card had to be reset 2 times in my short stay---like when I had to checkout after breakfast and was again locked out. Luckily I had my ID--otherwise I wuld have no way of having the keycard reset.
The main issue that pissed me off was the fact that I asked the front desk for a statement or billing--- they said they couldn't because it was through a third party and my balance was ZERO. I just looked at my credit card statement online-- I was charged a fee??? FOR WHAT?? Albeit, not a large fee, but that's not the point. What am I being charged for--I made no purchases during my stay. I was told my balance was ZERO. I was given no paper statement!!!--It's a small enough amount to blow off and not notice per se-- which makes me wonder if this was a mistake or not.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Sleepless2003
Edmonton
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at the Springhill Suites while attending a conference in the area. The room met all of my needs and had a internet connection that didn't require a computer degree to figure out. The facility in general is being well kept and up to date. What really makes this place special is the staff. Every encounter I had with a staff member was positive. Each evening I was there, I was warmly greeted by Vinny who I found to be very helpful. The young lady at breakfast was always very welcoming and did a great job of managing the whole breakfast program. I also had some help from Lauran who worked one afternoon at the front desk. I had some items that needed to be shipped via fedex. They didn't have any boxes on hand as it's the customers responsibility to provide one. Lauran went outside her role as a front desk agent and tracked an adequate box for me. She didn't have to do that, but she did and that is ultimately what makes a great hospitality experience. Great job guys, if I'm ever back in the area, I'll be back.

Room Tip: I think its safe that they don't have any bad ones. It's a clean, well kept building.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business