“Another New Hotel in Orlando”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando at SeaWorldR
Ranked #40 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Another New Hotel in Orlando”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

The title of this review says it all. Ho hum.

Two high rise Marrriotts next door to each other, about a mile south of the Orange County Convention Center and close by Seaworld.

Good location.

Reasonable rates.

Plenty of parking.

A Friday's next door and other restaurants nearby. If you are going to Seaworld, it's a great location.

If you are doing Disney, this is NOT to place to stay as it's too far away.

Convention Center is a short drive, but too far to walk unless you are doing it for fitness.

Interior decor is a bit weird, but contemporary and the room I had on the first floor was warmly laid out with two flat screen TV's, micro wave and small fridge. Space around the bed was a bit tighter than I'd like and the closet was next to the bed and so close that if the door was open, you could not get in or out of bed.

Given the great introductory price, it was a great stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I would give this Hotel an excellent review. From the moment we called for directions from I-4 to the moment we checked in, I have no complaints. My husband and I were in Orlando for a quick trip-Fly in Saturday and out on Sunday and decided to stay at the Fairfield Inn because of it's location to the Airport and honestly for the price. For $ 45 a night we couldn't complain, because the hotel was clean, the room was clean and the pool was clean. I have to also say, that their front desk clerk was very helpful and accomodating because at check in, I inquired if the rooms had a refridgerator. We were informed that our room did not but if I needed something stored that he would happily do so in the main refridgerator of the hotel. Given that I am currently nursing, and did not have my daughter with me and needed to pump, it was nice to know that they would have accomodated me. My husband and I have decided that if we need to go back again we'll definitely stay here again especially if we come back with our little one.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Turin, Italy
Reviewed September 20, 2009

If you're going to Orlando to visit the parks, or in business plan, I think this place is perfect for everything. Even though you're right in front of Sea World, you're also only 10 minutes away from Convention Center and 15 from Downtown Disney. The place is beautiful, elegant, the rooms are very comfortable even if you're alone or in family plan. Excellent price for such a nice place like this.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
daytona beach,fl
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We booked this one night stay a month early. We were a little nervous to have done this after seeing the reviews, but it was a great stay. We checked in at 10 P.M. The staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and fully stocked with towels. ( It cost $59.)

It had a king bed, and a 32 in. flat screen TV, which my husband loved. The mattress was comfortable. The breakfast was all you could ask for with make-your-own- waffles and a large assortment of other things. There was fruit, different yogurts, cereal, bagels, donuts, and very good coffee.

The best part was we could see the fireworks at Seaworld from our window when we checked in. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I stayed here for three nights in July 2009 and had multiple problems:
1. One of two booked rooms wasn't ready by 6pm when I checked in
2. Room had faulty lighting which was _never_ fixed during my stay
3. Housekeeping failed to clean room first day and was late in cleaning on day 2
4. I had items stolen from my room -- *** NOT A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE

On the plus side, the staff were very friendly and the hotel amenities rated about 8/10. The pool was very nice and it did have internet in the room (NO WiFi though).

Note: There is no safe in the room nor at the front desk. There are no security cameras anywhere on property, either.

The management tried to address items 1-3 by giving me half off one room for one day, which was really just a token gesture if you think about it.

Most importantly, though, was the theft. I had two small bags of electronics (hand-held gaming systems) and a laptop stolen from the room on the day I checked out. My family and I went to the pool and we took most of our items but my sons accidentally left their belongings in one of the rooms. The room was locked and a hotel staffer entered the room about two hours after I left. The entry by the staffer was expected since I had checked out; however, upon finding my stuff in the room the staffer should have contacted the front desk and had them taken from the room. Instead, he took the electronics (and left the other bag untouched) and then just locked the room. When I figured out that my sons had left their belongings in the room about 3pm, I returned to the room and then discovered that the items were stolen. It was a traumatic experience for my pre-teen sons. Of course, I spoke with the hotel management, who were very concerned, but that's about it. They filed a report with Marriott, which led to a claim being filed at the corporate level. I also had the police come by and I submitted a report. In the following weeks, Marriott Claims said that they weren't liable for the theft since there was no proof of anything (that I had the items and that they were at fault). It wasn't until the police made an arrest and I wrote a letter to Marriott Corporate that they re-opened the case and subsequently compensated me for the loss.

All told, the hotel should have recognized their fault up front and at least made an effort to compensate me. It's horrible that I lost $1300 worth of items and it took over a month and an arrest for them to give me anything. I would have been happy with a hotel credit for the lost amount so I could use it at another Marriott hotel. Instead, I had to go on the offensive to receive compensation.

I love the Marriott properties and will stay at another Marriott, but this particular hotel is now on my "do not stay here" list, despite its proximity to Seaworld and the rates.

I expected more from a Marriott and this place just doesn't meet those standards.

-R

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank Corley
Staines, UK
Reviewed August 27, 2009

A very comfortable hotel just minutes from Seaworld.
A great place to just chill after a fun-filled day. We could relax both in the room, by the pool or at TGI Friday's which was located next to the hotel.
Breakfast was simple yet effective.
A free shuttle service was also available to the park.
Service was great and you could pretty much order anything to your room - from the TGI menu to Starbucks.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple