“Very close to the Sea World parks!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #40 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Germantown, Maryland
“Very close to the Sea World parks!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Made a trip to Orlando for business & needed somewhere to stay for the night, preferable along International Drive. I am a Marriott Rewards member, so this property seemed to fit my needs. Overall, the location and price were excellent! They were able to check me in before noon, so it was nice to have extra time in my room before my meeting.

After my meeting I was looking for a unique place to grab a bite for dinner. The staff patiently offered up a number of choices before I settled on Rocco's Tacos. It turned out to be just what I was looking for! I didn't use many of the amenities, but the pool area seemed nice and the breakfast buffet would suit most people. Best of all, it is practically walking distance to the Sea World parks (although the hotel provides a shuttle). If you are planning a "Sea World" trip, you couldn't be better situated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Gary G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I arrived May 24 around 4pm and the staff was amazing from the start, very attentive, and even allowed us to select our own theme keys (sea turtles, penguins and dolphins), and while that may seem like a minor detail, what makes it nice is that they asked the kids which key they want making them feel part of the experience. Our room was on the 6th floor with an amazing view, and it was very clean. The bathrooms were very clean as well. No complaints in that department. We had a mini fridge and microwave and a very nice size flat screen television.

To my knowledge there are three elevators for customers use, which was very convenient, not sure if there were more.

Breakfast was nothing fancy, so don't expect it (unless it changes in the future), but it was enough. They had eggs toast, juices, coffee, 1 breakfast meat selection, bagels, oatmeal, limited fruits, yogurt, and a separate waffle station (which is great to reduce traffic), plenty of seating area and t.v.'s throughout. Now there is a another Marriott that connects to this one, and you can go there for breakfast or to use their Starbucks services (we never did).

The pool area was kept nicely and the pool was actually clean. They also have a Bar and grill service area there and the food and drinks were hot when needed to be hot and cold and needed to be cold. The lady that works that station (during the night shift at least during my stay) was really nice and never complained about it was only 5 minutes to closing, but rather treated you as she still had hours before closing. Thank you to her! Towels were always available and the gentleman that was there to ensure people were not lingering around after closing hours (11pm) was very respectful and mindful. Thank you to him as well! The pool is in the middle of the two Hotels :-) so we can walk from one to the other without any issues. But you need your room key to get in the pool area. There is also a mini arcade section :-)

Now please TAKE NOTE because I wasn't aware of this (my fault for not asking): IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THEIR TRANSPORTATION PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED TO RESERVE IT IN ADVANCE SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE A SECURED SEAT. We didn't and so it COST $45 TO AND FROM THE THEME PARK FOR A CAB-THE THEME PARKS ARE NOT EVEN 5 MILES AWAY! YOU CAN SEE THEM FROM THE HOTEL. SO GET ON THAT LIST! :-)

BEWARE- THE AIRPORT IN ORLANDO IS NOT 10 MILES AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL AND IT COST $45 FOR A CAB! Unfortunately the Hotel does not have Airport Transportation.

During our whole stay the night Front Desk Representative, MS. TATIA WAS ALWAYS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY, WELCOMING, HELPFUL, AND ALWAYS WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND. MADE US FEEL LIKE PART OF THE MARRIOTT FAMILY. THANK YOU! I WISH ALL REPS. WERE LIKE YOU!

Thank you to our housekeeping, who always kept our room looking like kids weren't even there :-)

We went to the front desk the night before our departure and they were more than helpful in scheduling a cab ride to the airport. To our surprise, the taxi was there waiting on us early the next morning (we had an early flight). We departed May 27, and I must say, this is a Hotel that i would return back to (plus the Buffalo Chicken flat-bread was delicious lol)!

1 Thank Nela B
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great hotel. Stayed there for four nights. The location is excellent. The women at the front desk were very nice (Tinita). The same day we checked in there was a problem with the refrigerator and they sent a person in less than an hour to fix it. Easy access to main roads and attractions. Many restaurants and pharmacies walking distance. I stayed in the fourth floor and room face the front of the hotel and it was very quiet with very comfortable mattress. I liked that there was a laundry in my floor so I was able to wash all the clothes. The breakfast was average but nothing different in the four days I stayed there. Good parking. Great vale, I could stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Barbara S
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked through expedia, got $25 hotel credit, but be sure to tell them because this does not show up on their system automatically. Continental breakfast included, basic, toast, bagels, scrambled eggs, sometimes ham, sometimes biscuit and gravy, banana and waffles. Free wifi and parking. Room was decent and bathrooms clean.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ylc25
North Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ok I arrived 05/24/2014, front lobby personnel was very friendly and got me to my room quickly. The lobby was very nice, and the marble floors very shiny and clean. The carpets throughout the hotel were clean as well. The room was nice, and the beds were comfy, but the rooms was a little small for a family of four when it came to eating time, there was only 2 chairs available and the desk in the corner of the room. 2 of us ate on the floor, because I don't want food nor drinks on the bed. The wall paper in the bathroom is starting to peel a little in the top corners, and they provided only 1 tiny bottle of conditioner and shampoo for a family of 4. I had to request more at the front desk. They provide no garbage liners, luckily I had some bags for the trash, I don't like throwing trash in trash bins without bags in them. And a biggie that I was disappointed about was that there was no BATHROOM EXTRACTOR FAN, OR AN EXTENSION CORD IN BATHTUB TO PUT WET SUITS. So when you come from pool, make sure you dry out completely first before going back to your room. They have a very nice pool area, with a nice bar and tropical music. The gym was right across from pool area, and it had 3 treadmills, a bench, bicycle, and 3 elliptical machines and free weights. They do not provide headphones for the TV’s on the exercise equipment though. The coffee maker was tiny, and made only 1 tiny cup at a time. We ended up buying coffee at WAWA down the street a lot. With a family of 4 or more you really need a kitchenette. Breakfast was okay, the coffee cups were foam, which I found weird, they don't have trash liners to help environment I guess, but they have foam cups? Breakfast was always crowded, and finding seating was difficult. Overall it was a nice stay, however I checked out on Monday, 05/26/2014, and they still have not released the $260 hold they place on credit cards they secure for damages. I called about it today Wednesday 05/28/2014, and front rep explained that her manager Jacklyn said to give it 3 to 5 business days. That is not acceptable. When I check out, that has to be released ASAP. Not too happy about that!
Overall it was nice, but with a family of four; I would get a suite next time with Springhill or Hilton.

2 Thank ARondon
Calgary,AB,Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there with out friends for 3 nights. The hotel is nice and clean. They gave us savings coupons and fast passes for SeaWorld and Aquatica. The stay was pleasant. We had 3 kids in total (8, 6 and 20 month old) and they were noisy and cranky some times, but staff was always helpful. Free parking is another good addition to stay. Hotel is conveniently located close to dining and shopping. Next time we plan to go to Disney World we will consider it as number one hotel to stay. ......................................................................................................................

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The staff was very friendly & helpful..rooms were very clean. Kiddos loved the pool & it was great having the free shuttle to SeaWorld. And the concierge was great in giving us info & deals for SeaWorld. We loved it!