“PURE LUXURY”

GreenLeadersGold level
Jacksonville, Florida
“PURE LUXURY”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Absolutely GORGEOUS new property with exceptional quality in all details of design and decor. Fabulous pool area complete with private cabannas. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed with luxury bedding. Had gorgeous view over pool and golf course and was able to see Disney fireworks at Epcot and Disney World. Friendly, helpful staff. Good-sized fitness center. Room rates are quite reasonable but breakfast and valet parking are a bit steep.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Have stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria many times, but had never been to Orlando property. Was blown away by the generous rooms, finely appointed decor and soft goods, but above all - the service provided by the staff was astounding. I wanted to move in!

The decor takes its cue from NYC but with a modern twist. Truly elegant and enveloping. Would be a great place for a wedding and I am sure they do many!

The pool, golf course and window-scapes were gorgeous. Would definitely go back on my own dime!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Washington, New Jersey
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My Husband and I stayed at the WA for a full week with our three young children: 6,4, and 10 months. I would absolutely stay here again! We paid less for a suite with 2 queen beds than we would have at a Disney resort, so I thought to myself "why not"? Best vacation decision I ever made!
Some previous reviews I had read implied that this hotel is not appropriate for families with children, and I could not disagree more. Our family was made to feel very welcome here. The staff always interacted with our kids in a friendly and warm manner, they have a "zero entry" pool which is great for young kids, and even housekeeping was child friendly. Everyday when we returned we found that housekeeping had arranged their stuffed animals around the room in a new and cute way, and folded their towels in the shape of Mickey Mouse. And speaking of housekeeping, the entire hotel is immaculate. I am very picky about being in hotels and usually won't let my kids touch anything. I actually let my 10 month old son play on the floor in our suite- okay only right before bath time- but still for me that says a lot about how clean this place was. Everyday when we returned to our room they had done a full cleaning, and yes they will stop by in the evening and ask if you need anything additional from them. If there is something you need but won't be in the room I am sure they will take care of it for you if you leave a friendly note. We were so happy with housekeeping I left them more than one note during our stay just to say thank you- along with a daily gratuity of course : )
We did get room service twice during our stay, and while in room dining does not provide many choices, the food and service were both excellent. We also had breakfast one morning at Oscars- pricey but still very nice- and once again we were not made to feel like we didn't belong because we had children.
The shuttle service was also excellent. For those of you bringing strollers you won't even have to fold or unload them, they will roll right on underneath. (Speaking of which I rented a stroller from orlandostrollerrental.com- check it out if you need a stroller for the parks) I found this service to always be punctual, with clean shuttles and courteous drivers. You will have to go along for the ride as it will stop at multiple parks but that seemed a small price to pay for this complimentary service. The shuttle was always at least half empty during our stay so crowding was not a concern.
Our room was a two queen bed suite. Be advised that this suite will not have a balcony (the king does), but I think you do get the extra floor space in the bedroom which we needed anyway. We did get the Disney view which also overlooks the pool, and we could see all of the fireworks at night. The room also had a nice wet bar area, with ample cabinet space and a small refrigerator. This came in handy as I had arranged for a delivery from gardengrocer.com and there was plenty of space to store my supplies out of sight and still enjoy a lovely room. The bathroom was very spacious, with a separate tub making bath time for the children easy.
I could go on and on- but the bottom line is this place was a nice escape from Disney at the end of the day and we did not want to leave when our vacation ended. Of course, nothing is perfect so to be fair:
Cons:
When we arrived to check-in, one hour after the 3pm check in time, our room was not ready. This does not seem appropriate for a hotel at this level, and should have at least resulted in a small resort credit or something. However, they did allow us to check out one hour later than normal, so I am over it. But it did have me worried initially...
I would also like to see a more family-friendly laundry option. The valet service charges by the item, and since it is $3 to wash 1 pair of socks you can imagine that it is cheaper to simply buy the kids new clothes. I would like an option in which they charge by volume or weight. Being WA I understand it would still not be cheap, but the "by the item" system simply doesn't make sense for a family.
Overall a great experience, and I hope to return soon!

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jmack_10
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando for one night, as we had a Hilton certificate and have always wanted to stay at this property! We were not in the least bit disappointed. We were greeted at the overhang by a valet who took our car for us (they do not offer self-park) and then again at the door by the bellman who offered to take our luggage. At the front desk, we had a fantastic front desk staff member who welcomed us and got us checked in. He also gave us an upgrade for our Hilton status and escorted us to the elevators so we were pointed in the correct direction. Our suite was beautiful and we didn't want to leave the room for the evening. It was so comfortable and plush. We did leave for dinner and when we returned, "turn down service" was provided which was a nice touch with robes and slippers by the bed! The ground were kept so beautifully and the pool / hot tub area was definitely that of a 5-star resort. It overlooks the golf course and it's a very relaxing atmosphere. My husband and I would stay here again in a heartbeat and hope to come back again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I've stayed here a couple of times so far and will definitely look forward to going back again. The rooms and lobby area have always been immaculate, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton
Reviewed March 2, 2011

A truly fantastic hotel. Undoubtedly the best hotel on the Disney property.

• Stayed February 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at the Waldorf Orlando in November for leisure and again in January for business. I don't even know where to begin! This hotel is very new and it shows! The lobby is absolutely beautiful and the rooms match. I had a Disney view room decorated in warm tones and a bed that I was very grateful for after a long day of walking in Disney. The bathrooms are big and provide a separate tub and shower. We ordered room service more then once and not was it excellent but consistently excellent! The hotel does provide transportation to the Disney parks and they have a schedule of pick up and drop off times in the lobby. The pools are great and if you plan to spend a day there... I recommend the cabanas. The staff was very nice and attentive both times I've been here... willing to bend over backward for anything I needed. I didn't get a chance to visit the spa but I am going to be staying in this hotel at the end of march and hopefully I will get a chance to try it.

Many of the hotels in and around Orlando are worn and in desperate need of an upgrade! This hotel excels in all areas and is worth every penny!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business