“Extremely Elegant! Excellent customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #29 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Extremely Elegant! Excellent customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando for one night, as we had a Hilton certificate and have always wanted to stay at this property! We were not in the least bit disappointed. We were greeted at the overhang by a valet who took our car for us (they do not offer self-park) and then again at the door by the bellman who offered to take our luggage. At the front desk, we had a fantastic front desk staff member who welcomed us and got us checked in. He also gave us an upgrade for our Hilton status and escorted us to the elevators so we were pointed in the correct direction. Our suite was beautiful and we didn't want to leave the room for the evening. It was so comfortable and plush. We did leave for dinner and when we returned, "turn down service" was provided which was a nice touch with robes and slippers by the bed! The ground were kept so beautifully and the pool / hot tub area was definitely that of a 5-star resort. It overlooks the golf course and it's a very relaxing atmosphere. My husband and I would stay here again in a heartbeat and hope to come back again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (860)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

I've stayed here a couple of times so far and will definitely look forward to going back again. The rooms and lobby area have always been immaculate, and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

A truly fantastic hotel. Undoubtedly the best hotel on the Disney property.

• Stayed February 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at the Waldorf Orlando in November for leisure and again in January for business. I don't even know where to begin! This hotel is very new and it shows! The lobby is absolutely beautiful and the rooms match. I had a Disney view room decorated in warm tones and a bed that I was very grateful for after a long day of walking in Disney. The bathrooms are big and provide a separate tub and shower. We ordered room service more then once and not was it excellent but consistently excellent! The hotel does provide transportation to the Disney parks and they have a schedule of pick up and drop off times in the lobby. The pools are great and if you plan to spend a day there... I recommend the cabanas. The staff was very nice and attentive both times I've been here... willing to bend over backward for anything I needed. I didn't get a chance to visit the spa but I am going to be staying in this hotel at the end of march and hopefully I will get a chance to try it.

Many of the hotels in and around Orlando are worn and in desperate need of an upgrade! This hotel excels in all areas and is worth every penny!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

First trip to Disney with our kids and what a gorgeous hotel. Just simply luxurious! Service was excellent - clean hotel - honestly everything was great! Buses to the theme parks was convenient too.

The pool at the Waldorf seemed more for adults so we walked over to the Hilton pool which is connected to the Waldorf and it was so much better! Waterslide, a lazy river, pools etc - beautiful. I prefer the Hilton pool over the Waldorf one.

If we could stay here again we would - everything was superb!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank kmcmom
new jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

Although the hotel is beautiful, it really seems like everyones first day on the job. I was bumped upon check in and having travel insurance , I would have been able to make other arrangements had they told me even the day before. While they were very generous upon my return( when they had room for me), you just can't buy back the time lost on checking in and checking out . You don't expect overbooking at a hotel of this caliber....thats why you book it. Perhaps in time they will have their act together, although one of the employees had mentioned that the turnover of initial employees was great in just the 18 months of opening. I hope they work it out soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WA_Orlando, Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, March 12, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about your recent experience. We passionately dedicate ourselves to delivering a once-in-a-lifetime service experience, without fail. We understand your disappointment and agree that this was a less-than-ideal way to begin your stay. First and foremost, we offer our sincere apology. While it is rare that we find ourselves in a situation that a room is not available for our guests, it is our goal to manage it in an honest, efficient and guest-friendly manner. We pride ourselves in exhibiting genuine concern and interest for each of our guests. Based on your experience and feedback, we have changed our communication process, should this ever happen again. Please accept our apologies, and contact us directly if we can be of further assistance.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Despite being a hhonors diamond, this was my first experience in a Waldorf Astoria. I purchased the Experience Waldorf package which included a 50$ credit per night and breakfast vouchers for two. Upon check-in I received two personalized envelopes, one as a diamond guest with two drink vouchers and a spa discount as well as the vouchers for the Waldorf package.

There is no self park, and the daily 50$ voucher cannot be applied to valet parking. This pretty much encourages you to eat on site, but the free breakfast and the credit was worth it compared to regular rates.

The hotel was spotless and we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom king with a view of the pool as well as the fireworks at Epcot. The bathroom was huge with a large walk-in shower as well as a tub with jets. The living room had a bar area and was larger than most hotel rooms. The staff were super nice and overall it was a great experience.

I often stay in Disney properties, but the Waldorf puts Disney deluxe hotels to shame for about the same amount as paying full rack rates at a Disney hotel. Its connected to the neighboring Hilton property via a convention center or an outside walk.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple