“Very nice hotel in a good location”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #29 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel in a good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel in a good location for all the Orlando attractions. Close to Downtown Disney (don't go there-see my review) and the freeway. The included breakfast is excellent. Can't really fault anything apart from the 300usd per day cabanas !

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robintaylor1
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Robintaylor1,

Thank you for your five star review, as we know you have many options in Orlando and we cant thank you enough for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is our 3rd stay with the Waldorf Orlando, our last being during Christmas. We are your classic "Disney for Adults" couple & this is THE place to stay for our Disney obsession.

We had 3-Days booked here with HHonors points and they still upgraded us nicely. Our 1st night was in the Waldorf Suite (wow!), but sadly we had to move as it was memorial day weekend which we fully understand. So the staff told us to head to Disney for the day, which is on their own Bonnet Creek resort Bus (which rocks) & they would have our luggage sent to our new room for the next 2-Days. We didn't get a 2-room suite which we normally get upgraded too as Diamond, but a great high floor Disney view room.

The breakfast is the best Hilton has to offer, with everything you can imagine. My wife hates this however as I make her shovel it down so we can hope on the bus for Disney fun!

The only complaint, which is what we have found in a few Hilton properties lately (see Columbia Hilton review) is the HVAC. The fans have this "clunk" which wakes you from a dead sleep. This is the 3rd Hilton property we have found with this issue & the 1st time at a Waldorf property I had to wear earplugs to get a good nights rest sadly.

Room Tip: Suites are quite, but standard rooms have a fan "clunk" - bring earplugs
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RobertBreedlove
Dear RobertBreedlove,

Being a Senior Contributor we truly do value your feedback and thank you for your five star review. We also understand your expectations while traveling and our team is thrilled to hear we exceeded them!
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I REALLY liked Waldorf Astoria !! When you pool in Waldorf Astoria you feel like you are amazing they pool your car to valet parking they have a Disney view the Disney view is amazing you see ya the fireworks from Epcot at night you can just look right out the window and the pool view looks awesome the night light looks right at the pool and it looks like you are on a beach this hotel Is truly AMAZING!!

Room Tip: The pool and Disney view looks amazing
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank A T
Dear A T,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort and our dedicated team wishes to serve you again in the near future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Everything from the room to the pool, the bar to the concierge was perfect. Impeccable service in a very approachable manner. Definitely coming back. We rented a cabana both days at the pool. Ask for Clint, Jonathan & Britney. They were a pleasure & made our time away simply perfect. Great, great stay...

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Stacy M.,

It was a pleasure to serve you this past weekend. Thank you so much for mentioning Clint, Britney and Jonathan and their personal service. We understand you had a few challenges while at our resort and wanted to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to resolve them. Hope to serve you again soon!
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

This was our third visit to the Waldorf at Bonnet Creek. Service is always excellent, and our room was just as well kept as before. The pools are beautiful, the lobby is clean and inviting, and the bar is a fun, quiet place to meet friends. This was my first time to visit the fitness center, and I was impressed. The quality of the equipment, variety of machines, and amenities are notable. There was an error on my folio at checkout, and the desk agent quickly and professionally made the correction. Aside from quirky resort fees and pricey parking, the Waldorf makes a vacation stay in Orlando very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear ca702,

We are proud to welcome you back and more so that our resort has become one of your top choices to return in Orlando. Our team understands how hard it is to build loyalty and we cant thank you enough for your feedback.
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have to say the grounds were nice and the room and bathroom were clean and fresh. The wait staff in the steak house thought highly of themselves, including Manhattan prices. What did surprise was my room location. I recently had ankle reconstruction surgery and, at least for the moment, I am getting a glimpse of what it is like to get around with a disability. When I checked in it was more than obvious that I was on crutches and not able to walk. The check in process was quick and I was on my way. What I didn’t know until I was well on my way to the room is that I was given the furthest room from the elevator. Keep in mind this is a huge hotel. Would you think the desk people may want to glance at the room number and see how far a person with a disability had to go to get to their room? Apparently not.
My other distance struggle was with receiving an express envelope. Rather than being able to send it directly to the hotel we were given a business center address. Upon checking in I was told my pack was at the other end of the convention center at the Hilton business center. I could arrange to have it brought to me for a charge. When I was limping along to get it, one manager walking by offered to send a bellman with a wheelchair. I declined, but that sure would have been nice when I needed to get to my room.
I may be back at some point in time, but not until I am able to walk again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear DMSMD64,

Thank you for your feedback as we have already started to use this in the proper areas. We hope you do return in the near future, as we always want to exceed your expectations.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The last 2 times I stayed here and visited this bar, I had a negative experience because of a very rude female bartender. Well, tonight more than made up for those bad experiences. Caitlyn was not only super sweet, but very professional. She offered to make up a cocktail using my favorite spirits and fresh fruit. I actually ended up choosing a mojito instead and was so glad I did. She was very meticulous in using fresh mint and muddling well. She even had a special technique for a mint topper to bring out the flavor of the mint. Everyone should make a mojito this way. Since the bar here was my only disappointment, I am thrilled they have Caitlyn.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear 1pickyeater,

Just by your username we know the bar is high and we are so proud to reach it! Thank you for giving us another chance and we are so proud to see Caitlyn has made the difference!