Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
4,746 results
All reviewsbull and bearpeacock alleyhilton pooladjoining hiltondeluxe suitedisney viewdisney parksroom serviceturn down servicela lucebeautiful hotellazy riverluxury hotelbonnet creekin room diningpool servicelobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times, always for business. Each time I swear that I will return with the family. It is luxurious, comfortable, quiet. All of the hotel staff are friendly and knowledgeable. Lovely bathroom and amenities. Super comfortable beds. The hotel is tucked away in a well-landscaped and quiet cove, safe from the business of theme parks. It's a wonderful place to plan a conference or for an individual or family getaway. Valet park or self-park with a short walk to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Karima A, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Gropius12,
Thank you for the stellar review regarding your stay! We appreciate the five-star rating! Since you're only as far as Bradenton, we look forward to definitely seeing you again -- next time, bring your family!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Wonderful hotel! Staff is courteous and ready to help with any need. Front desk stayed calm and helpful even when it got really busy and everyone was stressed. Location is great as it is close to the parks. Used their shuttle to go to Disney and they were right on time both ways. Great to not have to deal with parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear James T,
Thank you for your glowing review of your most recent stay with us! We are so thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to enjoy so many of our amenities. We look forward to seeing you soon, should your travels bring you back to the Orlando area!

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The base rate of the hotel does not include the resort fee. So for an extra add-on per person you get one glass of wine which is the worst wine you can drink. You get Internet in your room and access to the gym. You can also pay separately to visit the gym and have access to the lounge facilities. Much confusion the check in as to whether or not the group rate included some of these items or needed to be paid for separately.

The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable

Access going anywhere from here is difficult and traffic can snarl in certain directions

The properties connect to the Hilton which has a lazy river. Go and buy inflatable tube at CVS or target for three dollars and avoid paying $15 for one at the hotel

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank pillowandfork
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Pillowandfork,

Being a Top Contributor for Tripadvisor your comments are strongly appreciated. We continue to find new ways to add value to our guests stay.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Waldorf Astoria is one of the best hotels I have stayed in! Firstly, the service was impeccable, the hotel staff was so attentive, even if it was not their job to do so they would still offer to help. The concierge was very helpful in notifying me about a big food festival happening at the local outlets and suggested for me to postpone my shopping trip by a few hours to save money on a cab as we would be stuck in traffic and it would be too busy at the outlets, which was actually very useful information.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, right on the grounds of Disney and there is a free shuttle that takes you to different Disney parks. It is also close to the local Premium Outlets which are about 10-15 min. away, and were a great shopping experience. On the day of my check-in, I arrived early and the front desk immediately offered me a room, I didn't even have to ask for an early check-in.

The room was very clean and decorated in modern muted tones, but the best part of the room was the bed!!! It was one of the best sleeps that I got by far. I felt like a queen and slept like a baby! I had to force myself in the morning to get up from that magical bed and I wanted (but forget) to ask the staff of the hotel what mattresses they use, because I wouldn't mind going and buying one, if it would mean that I would always sleep that well! They also had a wonderful turn-down service everyday (no need to ask) which made my room more comfy and left me a robe, comfy slippers and 2 delicious chocolates on my bed

I also had a chance to visit their spa for a nice pedicure, which was fantastic. I was led into the change room and asked to change into a robe and then relax in the tea lounge where I was offered some fruit tea and delicious nuts and then escorted to the nail salon where I was offered a refreshing glass of champagne. The staff was so attentive and I had a wonderful chat with the nail ladies, my toes looked perfect and I had a fantastic experience!

The pool in the hotel is very nice, it is open late until 11 pm and they serve delicious food right by the pool. My favorite was the "the catch of the day" sandwich, they make their own bread, it was so tasty and fresh I had to have it a few times! As before the staff was amazing, super quick and always attentive. They also have nice fireplaces by the pool in case it gets chilly at night.

Finally, breakfast - the hotel had a breakfast terrace close to the pool which offered a-la-cart as well as buffet option breakfast. I chose the buffet option which was a bit pricey 32$ but was delicious and offered a lot of variety. One last comment about the lobby bar/restaurant, I was having a late night snack and I asked the waitress if they can make me a B52, and based on the local recipe it was supposed to be in an espresso shot glass but I had more of a dessert in mind. Bartender was very accommodating and made it based on my recipe in a dessert tall glass. I thought it was very nice as I always think that small things like that make your overall experience and stay in your memory.

I was staying at Waldorf for a conference so I have to add that they have very nice conference facilities that are located in between the Hilton and the Astoria, you don't even have to go outside to get to them.

Overall... highly recommend it and would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!

Please if anyone from Waldorf Astoria is reading my review... please let me know which mattresses are you using in your rooms? :)

Room Tip: rooms with a pool view are very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Evgenia A

Dear Evgenia A.,

Wow, what an amazing and kind review of our City and Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A big thank you from each and every team member at our resort for mentioning some great key points for our guests to take full advantage of.

Also we all love your photos Evgenia A!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The Bull and Bear was awesome and very romantic. The gym was large and well kept. Have drinks by the pool for a relaxing way to end the day. Very close to all Disney parks.

Room Tip: Reserve a suit. The mini fridge was handy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T

Dear Michael T.,

Our team is ecstatic you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you in the near future!