“Watch for the add-ons”

GreenLeadersGold level
Reston, Virginia
“Watch for the add-ons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The base rate of the hotel does not include the resort fee. So for an extra add-on per person you get one glass of wine which is the worst wine you can drink. You get Internet in your room and access to the gym. You can also pay separately to visit the gym and have access to the lounge facilities. Much confusion the check in as to whether or not the group rate included some of these items or needed to be paid for separately.

The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable

Access going anywhere from here is difficult and traffic can snarl in certain directions

The properties connect to the Hilton which has a lazy river. Go and buy inflatable tube at CVS or target for three dollars and avoid paying $15 for one at the hotel

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank pillowandfork
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Pillowandfork,

Being a Top Contributor for Tripadvisor your comments are strongly appreciated. We continue to find new ways to add value to our guests stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Waldorf Astoria is one of the best hotels I have stayed in! Firstly, the service was impeccable, the hotel staff was so attentive, even if it was not their job to do so they would still offer to help. The concierge was very helpful in notifying me about a big food festival happening at the local outlets and suggested for me to postpone my shopping trip by a few hours to save money on a cab as we would be stuck in traffic and it would be too busy at the outlets, which was actually very useful information.

The location of the hotel is fantastic, right on the grounds of Disney and there is a free shuttle that takes you to different Disney parks. It is also close to the local Premium Outlets which are about 10-15 min. away, and were a great shopping experience. On the day of my check-in, I arrived early and the front desk immediately offered me a room, I didn't even have to ask for an early check-in.

The room was very clean and decorated in modern muted tones, but the best part of the room was the bed!!! It was one of the best sleeps that I got by far. I felt like a queen and slept like a baby! I had to force myself in the morning to get up from that magical bed and I wanted (but forget) to ask the staff of the hotel what mattresses they use, because I wouldn't mind going and buying one, if it would mean that I would always sleep that well! They also had a wonderful turn-down service everyday (no need to ask) which made my room more comfy and left me a robe, comfy slippers and 2 delicious chocolates on my bed

I also had a chance to visit their spa for a nice pedicure, which was fantastic. I was led into the change room and asked to change into a robe and then relax in the tea lounge where I was offered some fruit tea and delicious nuts and then escorted to the nail salon where I was offered a refreshing glass of champagne. The staff was so attentive and I had a wonderful chat with the nail ladies, my toes looked perfect and I had a fantastic experience!

The pool in the hotel is very nice, it is open late until 11 pm and they serve delicious food right by the pool. My favorite was the "the catch of the day" sandwich, they make their own bread, it was so tasty and fresh I had to have it a few times! As before the staff was amazing, super quick and always attentive. They also have nice fireplaces by the pool in case it gets chilly at night.

Finally, breakfast - the hotel had a breakfast terrace close to the pool which offered a-la-cart as well as buffet option breakfast. I chose the buffet option which was a bit pricey 32$ but was delicious and offered a lot of variety. One last comment about the lobby bar/restaurant, I was having a late night snack and I asked the waitress if they can make me a B52, and based on the local recipe it was supposed to be in an espresso shot glass but I had more of a dessert in mind. Bartender was very accommodating and made it based on my recipe in a dessert tall glass. I thought it was very nice as I always think that small things like that make your overall experience and stay in your memory.

I was staying at Waldorf for a conference so I have to add that they have very nice conference facilities that are located in between the Hilton and the Astoria, you don't even have to go outside to get to them.

Overall... highly recommend it and would stay there again in a heartbeat!!!

Please if anyone from Waldorf Astoria is reading my review... please let me know which mattresses are you using in your rooms? :)

Room Tip: rooms with a pool view are very nice!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Evgenia A
Dear Evgenia A.,

Wow, what an amazing and kind review of our City and Waldorf Astoria Orlando. A big thank you from each and every team member at our resort for mentioning some great key points for our guests to take full advantage of.

Also we all love your photos Evgenia A!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The Bull and Bear was awesome and very romantic. The gym was large and well kept. Have drinks by the pool for a relaxing way to end the day. Very close to all Disney parks.

Room Tip: Reserve a suit. The mini fridge was handy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael T
Dear Michael T.,

Our team is ecstatic you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you in the near future!
Satellite Beach, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Even though I confirmed the reservation, not once, but twice, by phone before traveling to the hotel, when I arrived, there was no confirmed reservation. Now, I did not arrive until after 11pm, so that into account. But, at that time, I was both very tired and very ready to just put my head on the pillow and sleep. That was not to be.

On the positive side, the room was spacious and clean. The night manager, and I wish I did not forget his name, but did, was very accommodating and did resolve the situation after about an hour at check in. The pool and fitness center were great, as expected.

The valet service was about one out of a possible 10. I just needed to get something from the car, but, since the garage is shared with the Hilton property next door, I could not just walk to the car and do what I wanted to do. The valet set up is that the car needs to be retrieved, which took about 15 minutes, I put my purchases in the car, and the valet staff had to take the car back to valet parking in the garage. This whole process wasted about 25 minutes of my time, which was limited.

This stay would have been rated higher, if not for the mix up at check in, and the less than expected service at valet parking.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are at a premium, but I prefer the view to the south.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank RandyVic2012
Dear RandyVic2012,

As you are Senior Reviewer we truly value your feedback and time to complete a Tripadvisor review. Our management team has already taken strong action on your concerns. We would like to extend our services if your travels should bring you back our wonderful city. Thank you again for your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our recent family trip to Orlando had us stay at the Waldorf; it was a terrific choice. The hotel was outstanding in all aspect from the comfort of the rooms to the staff. We were looking for the path to the coffee shop in the Hilton Hotel. Jose the bellman did one better and gave our party a ride to and from the coffee shop.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Thomas M.,

Thank you for your five star review of our resort! Our dedicated team was thrilled to read your comments and we can’t thank you enough for mentioning Jose in a positive light!
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were thrilled to hear that there is a Waldorf in Orlando and booked the Waldorf Suite for ourselves with a connecting room for our young kids for our 6 day stay.
The day before our arrival I called and confirmed our reservation and requested an early check in which did not seem to be a problem.
When we arrived we were told that the current guests have decided to extend their stay and we are no longer able to have our confirmed rooms. The reservations manager claimed that it is beyond their control and do not have the right to ask the current guest to leave or to change their accommodation. Having booked one of their best suites with an additional room we were left shell shocked!!! Instead of being upgraded we were told that there are no connecting rooms available. I have two young children and was appalled when they suggested non connecting rooms on the same floor. Eventually and reluctantly we were shown to a tiny deluxe suite for the 4 of us to share. This was about a quarter of the size of the Waldorf suite with filthy glasses and absolutely no hangers in the closet. The folding bed that was brought for my son was flimsy with a paper thin mattress. I immediately knew that this hotel would not meet our standards or expectations. We decided not to waste any more time at this dump. We did not even spend 4 hours there. I was thrilled to find a 2 bedroom penthouse suite in a far superior hotel.
If you expect first class travel and excellent customer service---stay well away from the Waldorf in Orlando. They should be ashamed of themselves!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
17 Thank Thetravelvip
Jason S, Director of Guest Experience at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Thetravelvip,

We regret we were unable to accommodate you with your desired room type and thus were unable to serve you during your recent trip through our area. We strive to accommodate 100% of our guests but sometimes cannot due to extenuating circumstances such as guests' extending their stay. We do hope that you will reconsider staying with us if you make future plans to travel to our area.

Jason Smith
Waldorf Astoria Orlando
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando is truly a gem in Orlando. My family and I have stayed at the WAO numerous times and every stay has been truly wonderful. Every aspect of our stay was great, the rooms were spacious and clean, the hotel staff, especially the front desk was courteous and professional, the pool was great, and the food was exceptional.

One of the things I love about this hotel is the proximity to the Disney parks without having to stay at a Disney resort. I've stayed at the premium Disney resorts and the rooms at the WAO are a class higher. Also you don't have to deal with crowded lobbies and Disney overload. If you are planning to go to the parks, there is a convenient shuttle that operates pretty frequently.

We go down to Orlando every year and look forward to staying at the WAO again!

Room Tip: This hotel is an AMEX FHR participant. Definitely worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hoonie99
Dear Hoonie99,

On behalf of the team members at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando we are thankful for your five star Tripadvisor review. We hope to serve you again soon Hoonie99!