“Beautiful hotel”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #27 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My whole family and I went to Orlando this February to take my 2 year old baby girl to the parks…..the hotel is spectacular…..the beds really comfortable….the entrance hall is really something…..the pool is excellent….and bull and bear at the lobby by the elevators is a restaurant not to be missed……great steaks and service…..the Waldorf is also attached to the Hilton so if meat is not your thing I also recommend the Italian restaurant at the Hilton….both are really nice.
Location is great….and the price is not that high for what you get in return.
Definitely a must stay hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Moncho1980Capa
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of so many of our on property amenities! We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Waldorf Astoria Orlando

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Clean and luxurious bedroom and bathroom. Efficient Disney transportation in plush buses with courteous drivers. Friendly personnel at check in. Buy Disney tickets at adjoining Hilton Hotel-inside walk about 10 minutes. A very pleasant stay. Would come again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are so happy to hear you have become a loyal guest of ours! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

You won't be disappointed here. Besides the excellent service all around, the accommodations are superior to most any other Orlando hotel. It is a true resort, with amenities that include an excellent 18 hole golf course, several beautiful pools, access to the Hilton lazy river and water slide next door, shuttle service around the properties, and complimentary bus service to the theme parks. Coffee service is available in the mornings and several newspapers can be picked up at the bell hop desk. Internet is available, although some must pay an additional fee and the connection speed is unimpressive (I got 1.3 Mbps). Also, valet parking is $24/day. Still, its hard to beat the cleanliness and upscale quality of a comfortable Waldorf suite.

Room Tip: Some rooms face Disney for a view of nighttime fireworks. Those usually cost extra.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ca702

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Check-In
This is a quick and efficient process and even though we arrived early to check in and the room was not ready, they took our mobile number and rang us when the room was available.
The staff were also very attentive and helpful.

Valet
Quick and efficient service by all the valet team.

Room
We were upgraded to a suite which overlooked the pool and Disney. I recommend this upgrade as you can watch the Disney and Epcot fireworks of an evening and they are well worth watching.
The room was great with all the amenities you would expect apart from there was not tea bags in the room. When I requested earl Gary tea bags I was informed that these would be $6 per tea bag! I have no idea where they dreamt this price up from as I could purchase a earl Gary tea from the muse cafe in the Hilton for $2.50! S I bought my tea bags from there. I expect a price difference but not to that extreme.
The turn down service is a nice touch but it was random as to what this service included. Sometime the bed was turned down and chocolates on the pillow, other times just a turn down.

Pool
The pool was clean and relaxing and the servers were excellent.
We tried the pool bar on a couple of occasions for food and although the food was good, on one occasion we ordered food and after 45mins no food had arrived and tables that had ordered after us had received there food so we cancelled the food order and left. Not great service on this occasion!

Gym
The gym is very clean and has all expected equipment, although the free weights section only has relatively light weights. The free apples and bottled water is a nice touch though.

Bars
The sir Harry's bar was not open at the weekend and tis was a surprise as it was advertised to be open on Friday and Saturday. The only bar is the bar in the lobby which on occasion had slow service but this only happened once in our 8night stay. One night it was very noisy as there were parents and children singing and shouting in the bar, and this is not what I expect in a 5star hotel. I contacted the duty manager with. Regards to this and I was informed that this was a family hotel and was to be expected! Not the response that I was expecting.

Bull and Bear
We visited this restaurant twice during our stay and I would highly recommend it. The food and service was excellent and could not be faulted.

Other items
There is no longer free tea and coffee in the lobby in the morning as there was previously. There is also a resort charge of $25 I only paid $15 due to being a diamond member but still what is this payment for as on my visit the year before I received exactly the same discount free drinks etc for NO charge!

Overall we had a great time but standards are not the same as they were 12 months prior.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the pool and a high floor s that you can watch the fireworks at Disney an...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jason r

Thank you very much for providing your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We greatly appreciate hearing from our guests so that we can constantly improve our guests' experience. We hope to host you again soon so that we can truly exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is my all time favorite hotel in Orlando! It is attached to the Hilton who has a lazy river and an amazing pool with a slide for families. Top notch service. Room was great. Bathroom was excellent. Very clean and loved the slippers and robe. Turn down service was great also! Love the chocolates and weather reports for the days ahead.The Tassimo expresso machine in the room was fabulous. You pay a bit more than the average hotel but if you can do it is SO worth it! Only complaint is that you have to valet. This property that will not disappoint. There are many dining options and bus service to all Disney parks. What more could you ask for? Great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank homerton
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! We are delighted to hear we are your favorite Hotel in Orlando! We hope to host you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I want to express my appreciation for the superior service I experienced at the Waldorf Astoria-Orlando. I was there for a family wedding May 22-26, 2013. Your staff deserves a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service. This was my first stay at the Waldorf Astoria, but definitely not my last. I must point out one employee in particular, James Sherrer (Oscars). I was traveling with my niece who has a severe gluten allergy. James went above and beyond to make sure her meals were prepared seperately and that she had a variety to choose from. This reassured me there would be no diet issues, one less thing to worry about. The hotel was quite busy, but James always welcomed Kali with a great big hello which made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic to hear one of our Team members made such an impact during your stay! We cannot wait until your next reservation!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I would like to start with few issues, One being that there is no microwave anywhere, second being that the fridge isn't stocked with anything, its empty. I couldnt understand why a small microwave isnt there in the room,

Now the good part. The king suite with balcony view 413 is where stayed. Now you can see fireworks from 2 places from this hotel . from our room we could see the epcot fireworks much better the other just the end part because the view has the convention center blocking it. still one of the fireworks is good enough everyday.

The pool is the best i have ever been in, its just awesome for everybdy for kids with parents and for young ppl everybody has a diff space and if u wanna book a private cabana booth they have that also.

The bathroom has some awesome fixtures and just super clean and wonderful, the king bed is too soft for my taste but its heavenly. the sofa pull outbed is to die for. I wanted to buy the exact same sofa bed if i could. its just as good or better than the king bed. 2 thermorstats that has the ac working like a charm and just amazing view of the pool and didn't wanna step outside. 2 tvs with everything you could ask for.

the only thing is that since its in disney no shops near the hotel but u can order food and pizza and whatever and they do deliver and you can go pick it up at the lobby.

if you dont have a car like we did since we flew there, best advice go on a run in a taxi and fill up with supplies and booze. the fridge is big enough for accommodating anything for 4 days. we got lots of food cold-cut meats and made sandwiches for breakfast since we couldn't go down and eat everyday for 4 days at 25 dollars a person for breakfast.

i went with my family, we were 4 adults and one 20 month old toddler and every one of us enjoyed the hotel.

The internet was free for us since we were hilton honors members and it was fast and awesome. if not i think you have to pay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!