“Outstanding Guest Service”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toledo, Ohio
“Outstanding Guest Service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located, wonderful for business or pleasure. Everything is on the grounds- several restaurants and bars, pool, huge convention space absolutely ideal. Rooms were nicely appointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our property so much! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my second time at Waldorf Orlando. This time was with the kids. We had a great suite with connecting room. The hotel is located in a very nice location. The buses to the disney parks made things so easy. It was only a 20 minute rise to island of adventures so we were covered. The breakfast buffet each morning was the highlight. There was something for everyone and if you could not find it, they would make it for you. Dinner at Bull and Bear was fantastic and after a long day at parks it was sooo nice to have great food in same hotel.

1 Thank noletraveler88
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. It is wonderful to hear you had such an amazing time during your second stay with us! We cannot wait to see you again for your next visit!
washington dc
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family has stayed here twice while visiting Disney. This is a spectacular property -- really run to Four Seasons standards (or at least what they used to be). It is a wonderful respite for the parents from Disney. The adjacent Hilton property has a wonderful lazy river pool that is great for the kids to enjoy. Great restaurant -- just great service all around. Both times we booked at rates which were far below the high standards of the place -- my impression is that Hilton is still rolling out this premium brand and so early adopters are getting a bargain.

Room Tip: Disney view if you have kids to see the fireworks at night.
2 Thank Joseph F
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. It is wonderful to hear you had such a memorable stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!
Milwaukee, wi
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although a typical 2 queen bed room, the furnishings and ammenitites made it seem so much more than a typical room. Beautiful furnishings, large bathroom with separate tub and walk in shower, bathrobe and slippers, large window overlooking the golf course. Housekeeping was outstanding. One of the cleanest, most organized rooms after housekeeping I've seen. Then there was the turndown service -- which is completely unnecessary but to come back to your room after a long day with chocolate on your pillow, a printed good night thought and jazz music playing in the background -- it was very welcoming. The pool area didn't disappoint, warm temperature on a cool early spring day, wicker couches/chairs and at night, gas firepits to sit around and enjoy a drink. Everything was well appointed and staff was friendly and helpful. Great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy you were able to enjoy so many on property amenities during your time here! We cannot wait to host you again in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The wife and I just returned from our stay at the Orlando Waldorf Astoria and we were blown away by the service from the moment we arrived on site! Our bellman Jason did a great job for us and even gave a hand written letter to us to contact him if we needed anything else during our stay. This was definitely a first!

The service at the Aquamarine was stellar as well. Kevin took care of our orders that consisted of the wings (ok), the edamame (great), and various drinks.

The front desk, spa and housekeeping staff did a great job to make my wife and I feel comfortable. The shuttle that went to all of the park as well as Downtown Disney was definitely a nice touch. It was always on time if not a little early.

On the day of our departure we had the buffet at Oscar's. Magnificent! Make to order crepes, pancakes, fresh squeezed honey dew and cantaloupe juices, a few tables of pastries and a very attentive wait staff.

When I return to the Orlando area, the Waldorf Astoria is at the top of my list!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trueohioplaya
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are ecstatic to hear you had such a fantastic stay with us! We cannot wait to see you again!
Florida
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We expected this hotel to compare to the Ritz, Orlando. It wasnt even close. My biggest complaint was the room cleaning, or lack of. We have a two year old & a 7 month old. The rooms get messier with children. I moved the dirty dishes in one corner of the kitchen, which is where they sat for 3 days. They came in room, gave us new towels & made the bed. That was it. We found cigarette butts on the porch too. The room was small, the buffet had the same food every morning, they didn't seem to be kid friendly. The pools were ok but we hung out at the lazy river at the Hilton next door more. (The BEECH bar at the Hilton is great! Ask for Chris... he was amazing!). I was not impressed with the Waldorf but due to the service at the Hilton, I would try a stay there.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank amylynne1224
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. We understand the importance of guest room cleanliness and ultra-consistent service. We try to be very vigilant in both these areas to ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Based upon your review, I am actively working with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again and will on your food selection recommendations to our chef. We will also continue to dedicate our efforts in improving our amenities and ensuring we're meeting all guests' needs each and every time.
atlanta
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family and I have just returned from our seventh stay at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando! This is my fifth review of the Waldorf Astoria and honestly, this review echoes the sentiments of those previously written. The team of individuals at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando-- eat, sleep, and breathe- customer service!

In an attempt to not bore you with all the details of this, our most recent stay- I'll just briefly detail the highlights for my husband, son and I.

My Son:

(1) My nine year old son (self-proclaimed under-aged hotel snob) just loves the way the young men in valet refer to him as Mister, as he enters and exits the car.
(2) He travels with half his game/electronic collection--so, the extra large (CLEAN) rooms make it easy for him to feel right at home.
(3) Nicki Gonda, Personal Concierge Supervisor, never fails to have a plate of warm chocolate cookies awaiting his arrival-- and boy, does he enjoy them!!!

My Husband:

(1) As a Hilton Diamond Status Member, he appreciates that his loyalty to the Hilton brand is both recognized and appreciated.
(2) Being among the first guests to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando during the soft opening back in 2009, he continues to point out on each visit how flawlessly, the hotel continues to be maintained.
(3) He won't admit this, but I think he feels like a bit of a rock star when the guys in valet/luggage valet, recognize him more and more with each visit! They are always able to recall our previous stay, with some heartfelt or funny sentiment. This level of attention to customer service is genuine and greatly appreciated.

Me:

(1) I am a proud member of Hotel Snobs Anonymous. Well, I would be if such an organization existed-- and the Waldorf continues to be my therapy.

As I opened the closet to put away our things, I could smell fresh paint! Now, for anyone else this may have been a negative. Quite the contrary for a Hotel Snob!! For me, this meant that even in the closets, attention to detail was important. The paint was dry but it was evident that it had been recently cleaned/painted-- thus, eliminating any marks or dings.

This gesture brought a smile to my face each time I opened those closet doors, for the remainder of our stay.

We have at least two more trips planned for this year- and neither of us can wait to return.

2 Thank tanqm
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing our property! We are ecstatic to hear your 7th stay was such a memorable one! We hope to see you again soon for number 8!