“It was just beautiful!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Port Richey, Florida
“It was just beautiful!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at this hotel and it was top of the line just as one would expect from a Waldorf. The service was outstanding. They even went out of there way to bump us into one of the largest suites and bring us some chocolate covered strawberries for free to help in celebrating our 10 year anniversary. The room was spotless, and the views are amazing. I am not a golfer myself, but that course look to be one that any golfer would love to play on. If you have the money to drop it is well worth the money to stay here.

Room Tip: Disney View is worth the upgrade if you like fireworks!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are so happy you had such an amazing time during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My trade-off for taking the kids to Disney World is that I want to stay in a nice hotel free from the Disney characters for a few hours each day. We found it this stay!

The Waldorf is a beautiful property and exactly what you would expect from Hilton's top of the line hotels. From the moment we checked in, the service was perfect. The front desk attendant actually apologized for not being able to upgrade our room due to the marathon crowds filling the hotel (I have a decent status level with Hilton so that may have prompted the comment). That is always a nice touch, but never expected so I told him "thank you" and that we would be fine.

After spending most of the day at Magic Kingdom, we all came back to the hotel and went outside to enjoy the pool. The kids played in the pool while my wife and I enjoyed a few drinks (again, the pool service was superb) and listened to the live music (a pretty good guitarist/singer hitting all the good pool-side relaxing tunes).

Want to know how to wind down after a day at Disney? This was it!!!!!

The rest of the vacation was the same. The staff at Oscar's remembered the kids every morning and brought them their favorites. They greeted my wife and I by name. And they asked the kids about their Disney experience each morning.

This will be our hotel of choice for many years to come. I highly recommend!!!!

3 Thank Mariettatraveler12
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are ecstatic to hear we were able to exceed your expectations! We cannot wait to see you again soon!
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at the connected Hilton next door to the Waldorf, and were just as happy there, if not more so. We actually prefer the Hilton because the rooms are larger, but just as nice. At the Waldorf, you're mainly paying for the name. We didn't recieve any extraordinary service that we did not reiceve next door, and at the Hilton, you have access to all of the Waldorf amenities. Valet parking is mandatory, so that's convenient, but again, you're paying for something you don't really need--at the Hilton, there is a connected self-parking garage that is much more cost effective. Not sure why the Waldorf guests don't have that option other than to nickel and dime.

I will say that most of the food we ordered from room service was good, and the water pressure from the shower is some the best I've had in a hotel in a while. Like the Hilton next door, it's basically at Disney's doorstep, so its very convenient to everything you'd want to do in Orlando. The spa is also very nice--rivals any Red Door or comparable spa.

We would stay again as it's new, clean and convenient, but ONLY if the Hilton Bonnett Creek was once again, unavailable.

Room Tip: Pool views are very nice and you can usually catch a glimpse of the Disney fireworks.
1 Thank endicott1
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We greatly appreciate our guests' feedback so that we can constantly improve and we could not do that without listening to our guests. We hope that we are able to host you as our guest again in the future to satisfy your need for a truly distinctive vacation.
New York, NY
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando is located in the very lovely sanctuary of a natural reserve called Bonnet Creek. Surrounded by a championship golf course; the hotel is relaxed luxury with friendly attentive service. In a very modern and updated way the hotel always brings forth the elements which are synonymous of the original Waldorf Astoria; elegance, style, charm and a warm welcome. The facilities are extensive and all of the restaurants are excellent especially the Bull and The Bear; yes the name is taken from the original Waldorf Astoria NYC. The staff truly are exceptional as is the food, presentation and service. The Hotel is also extremely convenient to all of the various parks of Disney World; they offer a complimentary shuttle to and from all the parks and if you are driving yourself its quite convenient to all of the major attractions in and around Orlando yet you feel removed in your own private sanctuary with a natural wildlife reserve in Bonnet Creek. Its a great hotel and a perfect balance and location for visiting Disney World or even just as a Resort destination unto itself. The Hotel is also connected to the larger Hilton Bonnet Creek which also offers extensive dining facilities, shops, and even a Hertz Rental Car so you can retrieve and return your Hertz car directly at the hotel therefore avoiding timely airport returns and pick up etc. The Waldorf has their own house car which can be arranged for meet and greet at the airport as well as local trips again therefore avoiding having to park your own car etc. All of the Waldorf rooms are quite spacious and offer beautiful views of the surrounding areas including the beautiful pool and gardens and in the distance Epcot and The Magic Kingdom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, gardens and the Magic Kingdom and Epcot in the distance and eac...
1 Thank Italexplorer
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and our property! W hope to host you as our guest again soon!
NJ
Reviewed February 24, 2013

With many beautiful and luxurious hotels around the world, this is the first time I've (we've) ever returned to a hotel on our own dime. That is a testament to the top notch staff, decor, service, and ambiance of the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

There is now a $25 per night "resort charge" (a changed from the previous year we were there) and while I was initially put off by it, we did get some value out of it in the form of access to spa facilities, two bar drinks, and basic WIFI internet which should be free PERIOD. Besides, all the resorts seem to charge a resort fee so the Waldorf is no different.

The public areas and sleeping rooms remain clean and fresh. There doesn't seem to be hoards of people either. Another pleasant stay for us and we look forward to staying there again while in the Orlando area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed so many of our property's amenities! We cannot wait to see you again soon!
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Waldorf since the Hilton (which is next to the Waldorf was full) and we didn’t regret it a minute (nothing wrong with the Hilton) but the atmosphere at the Waldorf is just more luxurious, and refined in everything from the lobby to the pool area and feels much less crowed (even though the hotel was full when we stayed there).

We were in Orlando to visit the theme parks but didn’t want to stay in on the on-site hotels (to get a bit of a break from Donald & Co) and for this the Waldorf was great. There is a shuttle to the Disney parks which makes transport there easy when your are going there (which saves you valuable time in the morning)

What you should be aware of is that there are no restaurants or shopping really close by but there are several good restaurants on the properties, both the Grill at the Waldorf and the Italian restaurant at the Hilton.

If I would mention anything that was not the same high standard as everything else, I would mention the maid service in the rooms, they forgot turn-down service sometimes and cleaning was not that good (previous guest clothes left in our room) and the service in the breakfast restaurant (Oscars) with slow service especially when clearing the table of old plates and replacing cutlery (again these were small things and nothing that spoiled our great overall experience).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool and Disney World since the view in the other direction is quite du...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear you had such a fantastic time during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with excellent facilities. Great outdoor heated pool with outdoor chess nearby. Very nice rooms with excellent bathrooms. Would have been nice to have a handheld in the shower also, but that is a minor point. The breakfast is excellent - extensive buffet with made to order eggs, pancakes, waffles and crepes; nice fruit bar; nice pastry bar and then also bread, bagel and charchuterie section.
The dodgy part is that I booked a 2 queen bed suite with this hotel way back end of August. The booking was done through Amex. When I get there they checked me in to a 2 queen ordinary room. No mention of the suite. I call down from the room and get put on hold and then told by a manager that I'd been downgraded. Said he was really sorry but didn't sound it. Told me there were no suites available for me and delivered the lovely message in a "life is tough" tone. Explained how difficult it is for them to accommodate everyone at this time of year, what with Valentines and President's day weekend. Can you believe that! I'd booked back at end of August. Clearly I should be more understanding of the plight of this hotel staff. The truth of the matter is that they had high demand for the rooms from people prepared to pay more so I got bumped. What I find dishonorable about all this is that they never once told me. Never emailed me before I came or mentioned it when I was checking in. Not a peep. Just hoped I wouldn't say anything I guess. Offered me a free breakfast and $50 voucher for the park as compensation. In the end it got sorted with my getting an additional room, complementary. Overall this experience, and how it transpired left me with a bad taste in my mouth and so I would not recommend this hotel. Excellent facilities etc but there are lots of hotels in the area with excellent facilities - what distinguishes is honorable customer service which I found in short supply when I checked in. So 3/5 because of the customer service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank myles_na_gcopaleen
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.