“Warm welcome and great service at The Waldorf Astoria Orlando”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #26 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando is located in the very lovely sanctuary of a natural reserve called Bonnet Creek. Surrounded by a championship golf course; the hotel is relaxed luxury with friendly attentive service. In a very modern and updated way the hotel always brings forth the elements which are synonymous of the original Waldorf Astoria; elegance, style, charm and a warm welcome. The facilities are extensive and all of the restaurants are excellent especially the Bull and The Bear; yes the name is taken from the original Waldorf Astoria NYC. The staff truly are exceptional as is the food, presentation and service. The Hotel is also extremely convenient to all of the various parks of Disney World; they offer a complimentary shuttle to and from all the parks and if you are driving yourself its quite convenient to all of the major attractions in and around Orlando yet you feel removed in your own private sanctuary with a natural wildlife reserve in Bonnet Creek. Its a great hotel and a perfect balance and location for visiting Disney World or even just as a Resort destination unto itself. The Hotel is also connected to the larger Hilton Bonnet Creek which also offers extensive dining facilities, shops, and even a Hertz Rental Car so you can retrieve and return your Hertz car directly at the hotel therefore avoiding timely airport returns and pick up etc. The Waldorf has their own house car which can be arranged for meet and greet at the airport as well as local trips again therefore avoiding having to park your own car etc. All of the Waldorf rooms are quite spacious and offer beautiful views of the surrounding areas including the beautiful pool and gardens and in the distance Epcot and The Magic Kingdom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, gardens and the Magic Kingdom and Epcot in the distance and eac...
1  Thank Italexplorer
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and our property! W hope to host you as our guest again soon!

There are newer reviews for Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Reviewed February 24, 2013

With many beautiful and luxurious hotels around the world, this is the first time I've (we've) ever returned to a hotel on our own dime. That is a testament to the top notch staff, decor, service, and ambiance of the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.

There is now a $25 per night "resort charge" (a changed from the previous year we were there) and while I was initially put off by it, we did get some value out of it in the form of access to spa facilities, two bar drinks, and basic WIFI internet which should be free PERIOD. Besides, all the resorts seem to charge a resort fee so the Waldorf is no different.

The public areas and sleeping rooms remain clean and fresh. There doesn't seem to be hoards of people either. Another pleasant stay for us and we look forward to staying there again while in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed so many of our property's amenities! We cannot wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Waldorf since the Hilton (which is next to the Waldorf was full) and we didn’t regret it a minute (nothing wrong with the Hilton) but the atmosphere at the Waldorf is just more luxurious, and refined in everything from the lobby to the pool area and feels much less crowed (even though the hotel was full when we stayed there).

We were in Orlando to visit the theme parks but didn’t want to stay in on the on-site hotels (to get a bit of a break from Donald & Co) and for this the Waldorf was great. There is a shuttle to the Disney parks which makes transport there easy when your are going there (which saves you valuable time in the morning)

What you should be aware of is that there are no restaurants or shopping really close by but there are several good restaurants on the properties, both the Grill at the Waldorf and the Italian restaurant at the Hilton.

If I would mention anything that was not the same high standard as everything else, I would mention the maid service in the rooms, they forgot turn-down service sometimes and cleaning was not that good (previous guest clothes left in our room) and the service in the breakfast restaurant (Oscars) with slow service especially when clearing the table of old plates and replacing cutlery (again these were small things and nothing that spoiled our great overall experience).

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool and Disney World since the view in the other direction is quite du...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted to hear you had such a fantastic time during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with excellent facilities. Great outdoor heated pool with outdoor chess nearby. Very nice rooms with excellent bathrooms. Would have been nice to have a handheld in the shower also, but that is a minor point. The breakfast is excellent - extensive buffet with made to order eggs, pancakes, waffles and crepes; nice fruit bar; nice pastry bar and then also bread, bagel and charchuterie section.
The dodgy part is that I booked a 2 queen bed suite with this hotel way back end of August. The booking was done through Amex. When I get there they checked me in to a 2 queen ordinary room. No mention of the suite. I call down from the room and get put on hold and then told by a manager that I'd been downgraded. Said he was really sorry but didn't sound it. Told me there were no suites available for me and delivered the lovely message in a "life is tough" tone. Explained how difficult it is for them to accommodate everyone at this time of year, what with Valentines and President's day weekend. Can you believe that! I'd booked back at end of August. Clearly I should be more understanding of the plight of this hotel staff. The truth of the matter is that they had high demand for the rooms from people prepared to pay more so I got bumped. What I find dishonorable about all this is that they never once told me. Never emailed me before I came or mentioned it when I was checking in. Not a peep. Just hoped I wouldn't say anything I guess. Offered me a free breakfast and $50 voucher for the park as compensation. In the end it got sorted with my getting an additional room, complementary. Overall this experience, and how it transpired left me with a bad taste in my mouth and so I would not recommend this hotel. Excellent facilities etc but there are lots of hotels in the area with excellent facilities - what distinguishes is honorable customer service which I found in short supply when I checked in. So 3/5 because of the customer service.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank myles_na_gcopaleen
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guest experiences the very best we have to offer. We believe that very best service experiences are genuine, anticipatory and personalized and we will continue to work to ensure our guests find that level of service at our hotel. Your feedback will help us to continue to improve our training processes, and we hope you will return to stay with us to experience the results of that work firsthand.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We loved this place. It was so easy to drive to the parks in the morning and then get away from the crowds and chaos at night. The in hotel bar/restaurant has great bites as well as bigger portions and their cocktails are fantastic. The pool restaurant was surprisingly good. I got the Greek salad and enjoyed it, the chips and salsa are good but they charge you extra for a tablespoon of guac. I don't mind paying extra, but when getting that little was somewhat ridiculous. Also, they aren't very good about giving you a late check-out. Other than those minor complaints, this place was fantastic and we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here for a convention and found the property to exceed my expectations. The lobby bar was a quiet place to catch up with old friends. If I wanted a little more excitement it was just a short walk through the convention center to get to the Hilton. They did offer a complimentary golf cart service over to the Hilton which I found quite helpful when checking out of the Waldorf to extend my stay over at the Hilton. Next time I come to Disney I will definitely book my stay at the Waldorf. It is worth every penny. The only issue I had was when flushing the toilet the bathtub would gurgle, it was strange but forgiving.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are ecstatic to hear you had such a memorable time during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Beautiful Hotel very clean spotless areas. Wonderful housekeeping, although the first night We did not receive turn down service , but the second night we did. This is not a hotel for young children, more suited for adults. The attached Hotel is more family friendly, which had a lazy
river with one hitch, you have to purchased the floaters to use on the lazy river they are not free.
Hit or miss with the staff at the reception area. Spa very overpriced.

Room Tip: Suites are perfect for Families or anyone looking for extra space.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback so that we can continue to provide a once in a lifetime service experience without fail. Our guests' feedback is essential so that we can constantly improve. We hope to host you as our guest again soon to fully exceed your expectations.