5,058 results
All reviews bull and bear peacock alley hilton pool adjoining hilton peacock lounge deluxe suite disney view disney parks room service la luce turn down service lazy river beautiful hotel luxury hotel in room dining bonnet creek pool staff
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Lovely room. Eclectic decor ... classic with modern touches. Perfectly clean, very comfortable. Dinner at the Bull And Bear Steakhouse was a perfectly delightful experience.
We were only in Orlando for one night, but found the resort to be beautiful, the restaurants were wonderful, and the staff was gracious.
The breakfast buffet looked amazing, but ... still feeling full from the tasting menu at Bull and Bear the night before we ordered off the menu. Delicious!
We love the club level at some of the other Orlando resorts, but ... short of the club level, this was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shelbee67
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are delighted to hear you had such an amazing time during your stay! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We visited the Waldorf in January 2013. The property is very nice and our room was large in size. The bellman and valet service people were exceptional, especially "Ryan." What a delightful person and a great asset to the hotel! The concierge staff was also very helpful. However, there were some issues. First, the bed. For a hotel only 3 years old, the mattress on the bed seemed very worn. There was a huge lump in the middle of the bed and my husband and I struggled each and every night feeling as though we were climbing to stay on the bed! We tried asking for a bed board, which they finally brought after three requests. It didn't seem to make a difference. Housekeeping was a disaster! After our first night (during the week), we called at 5:30 asking if they had forgotten to clean and service our room. It was after 4:00 every single day until the last day. Sometimes they would leave us new towels, sometimes only some towels. The hotel offers evening turndown service but they also didn't restock things. We had to make a special call one evening just for toilet paper! That's unacceptable for a hotel of this quality. We attempted to reach a manager, were told one would call us back. We didn't hear from anyone. Again, not acceptable for a property at this price point. The pool cabanas were obviously out of season. We asked to rent one on one day of our stay. The furniture was dirty; nothing in the refrigerator and difficult to get service from food and beverage. Obviously they didn't need or want our money! All in all, we are traveling back to Orlando next month but have made the decision to cancel this hotel's reservation and stay at the Ritz Carlton. Perhaps they will do better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Okcathy124
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you mentioned with housekeeping inconsistencies have been addressed accordingly. We're also inspecting the lumpy mattress you had in your guest room and am sorry for any discomfort you experienced. I'm terribly sorry for our delay in returning your call and appreciate you alerting us to these issues.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My wife, I and two kids (10 and 12) just returned from a 3 night stay at the Waldorf. The service, facilities and food are top notch. The shuttles are convenient. For a family of 4, I recommend in room dining and a king bed suite. Room service prices are reasonable and a great time saver, especially after a long day at the parks. We went to the WDW parks daily, and the Waldorf was a great retreat at night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Disney fireworks
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Max S

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy to hear your family had such an amazing time with us! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We got a 1 bedroom Waldorf Astoria suite overlooking the golf course with 1.5 baths. The suite was marvelous, spacious (1780sf) and at a reasonable rate. I had come for a conference, however since in Orlando brought 3 kids and wife along as well....so we needed the space. Pullout sofa was perfect for the 4 and 7 year old to share. Crib for 2yr old.

If I based the review on the service, the lobby, and the room it would definitely be 5 stars all the way. Room had a couple quirks - the powder room was off the master bedroom and not off the main living space, so that kind of defeated the purpose by having both bathrooms unavailable if the bedroom door was locked. Speaking of locks, during the week we were there the main bathroom lock stopped working twice, and the powder room lock once - so either we are really good at breaking locks or there is something up with the locks. All in all though, these were minor quips about an otherwise excellent suite.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because of the lack of some family friendly options. There is no dry goods or snack shop at the Waldorf - you have to go all the way to the Hilton to get milk for the kids - or overpay to get it via room service or one of the hotel restaurants. The Hilton also had a restaurant where kids ate free for some meals and the Waldorf had no similar options. The Hilton pool is also much more geared towards kids than the Waldorf pool, which is nice, but really more of an adult focused pool.

So to summarize, when I come again next year for the same conference I would stay at the Hilton. If I come solo, or just as a couple I would stay at the Waldorf. If staying as a couple I would have rated 4.5 or 5 stars - since the decor and service really is exceptional....however as a family with young kids maybe not the perfect fit. By the way, the walk from the Waldorf to the Hilton is approx 10-15 minutes at a leisurely stroll. You can make the walk completely indoors by walking through the adjoining conference center that connects the two hotels, or outside using the walkway that backs both hotels and the golf course.

Room Tip: Waldorf Astoria suite was great. Large at 1780sf with 2 bathrooms. Powder room was kind of odd though in how is was off the bedroom as well and not the main living space. That meant if you locked the bedroom door both bathrooms were inaccessible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay so that we can constantly improve. Our goal is to be the premier destination in Orlando and we could not do that with our guests' feedback.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at the Waldorf in March 2012 for 5 days and I was horrified to find that I hadn't submitted a review. In any other case, I would probably say that it wasn't worth writing at this late date but our experience was so wonderful that I still have to submit this. I can remember it almost as if it were yesterday -- that's how much we enjoyed it. Having been to Orlando on multiple occasions, I wasn't all that excited when my travel agent suggested I go to Orlando to celebrate my birthday until she said the Waldorf Astoria and the Guerlain Spa. Ah-haaa!

When we arrived, the hotel was beautiful and we were greeted with enthusiasm and big smiles all around. Every day that we came and went was like we were just arriving for the first time. The staff was fabulous. When we arrived, we were a little hungry and really just wanted to have a good burger. One of the staff recommended the Waldorf Golf Club right on the property. Jen G. (Jennifer) was our server and I can't say enough about how personable and service-oriented she was. The burgers were great and Jen recommended a few places for us to see while we were in Orlando. Loved her!

Chris (and the other staff) at the front desk was great and told us about a few places we hadn't visited on our previous trips to Orlando. One of them was the Wine Place at Winter Park, so we rented a car for a day. It was a nice little treat (short drive) and the shops in Winter Park were great. I would definitely visit there again.

The Guerlain Spa was fabulous and the service was great. Me and my sister loved our spa day (and the champagne). The front desk staff were very personable and they sold Guerlain products right in the spa (shout out to Vanessa and the young lady that grew up in France whose name escapes me - sorry).

And then there is the Bull & Bear Steakhouse and all of its elegance. My steak was cooked just a little bit over for me so I mentioned it to our server. I don't have words to describe how impressed we were with Michael (Captain). His service was by far the best I've had in any restaurant to date (and I've been to more restaurants than I can count). Michael was knowledgeable and engaging and made my birthday and our stay at the Waldorf a memory that I will keep for a very long time. My steak came back perfect and the rest of the food was great.

The Waldorf is a great property. I definitely recommend it and would stay there again if I'm ever back in Orlando. Kudos to all the staff at the Waldorf. Outstanding!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank raison_d_etre
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We greatly appreciate you still taking the time write a review of of our property and we are ecstatic you had such a memorable time! Please come stay with us again soon!