“Just Perfect!”

GreenLeadersGold level
St. Louis
“Just Perfect!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is my first experience at a WA and I have to say is was a great first impression. My husband and I took my 4 year old daughter to Disney as a Christmas gift and this resort absolutely fit the bill. We arrived on Christmas day and ended our stay on Saturday. We were in search of a property that would offer a tranquil and quiet atmosphere after the craziness of Disney World. WA did not disappoint. There were just enough families with children that my daughter had playmates. The property is extremely well appointed and tasteful in design. I was a tad bit perplexed with the kitchenette which did not have a trash can or paper towels. Seems to me items such as these would be standard with this set-up. I agree with some of the other reviews, the coffee machine needs better instructions.

I feel like we had breakfast, lunch and dinner at least once at all of the restaurants. I have to say Peacock Alley in the lobby/bar area was the best for my family and Harvest Bistro in the Hilton a close second. I was disappointed by the wait for the breakfast buffet at Oscars. I'm sure it's related to this time of year but 30 minutes seemed a bit much for a breakfast buffet. However, the food was excellent! The Yogurt parfaits are to die for. We also had dinner at Bull and Bear. Excellent, Excellent Service very nice food.

Pool is heated to 80 degrees....

The only other down side to this trip was that some of the hotel staff wasn't versed on the in's and out's of the Disney property. I was instructed to go to the mall the day after Christmas (complete and utter disaster) when I could have gone to Downtown Disney.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool offer a nice view of the fireworks!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed so many of our property's amenities! We hope to host you as our guest soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights upon arrival they found out that we had just got married and upgraded our room to a suite on the fourteenth floor. The room was amazing, facilities out of his world and customer service second to none.

The gym is far better than most gyms in the United Kingdom and was used everyday. The spa facilities looked awesome, but make sure you book in advance as they are busy.

The peacock bar was a pleasure and allows you to look over the fairways and beautiful countryside, the,staff here were attentive to your requirements.

Breakfast was amazing with such a wide variety and so fresh, the only issue I had was that there were no hot plates if you we're having a hot breakfast, which did mean your food got cold.

Overall impressions excellent and would definitely stay there again, although we are working to middle class you are all treated the same, so do not be afraid to book, enjoy the luxury

Room Tip: Try and get the back of the hotel as you will be able to see the fireworks at Epcot
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear we were able to make your Honeymoon a memorable one! Please come back and see us for your anniversary!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Thanks so so much to all the WA staff for another amazing stay. I visited Orlando with my family and I couldn't have been more comfortable and happy. Since the minute I dropped my car at the valet, the bellmen, the front office staff, the management team, friendly.. Happy to help.. One step ahead, always. Beautiful rooms.. It's a real pleasure to visit places like the Waldorf with the people that you love the most. Specially during the holiday season. Congratulations for such an amazing team.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so happy our staff made your stay a memorable one! Please come back and see us again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here as part of a conference. Could not believe what a value we had for the price. I immediately felt underdressed when I entered the opulent lobby in jeans and a t-shirt. Service was impeccable throughout. Decor was gorgeous. The oversized armchairs in the public spaces are beautiful AND comfortable to boot. No expense was spared on this place. My standard guestroom was huge, and so was the bathroom. Pool area was also nice.

I highly recommend the Waldorf Salad in the bar. Once you have a Waldorf Salad at a Waldorf Astoria, you can never go back to the substandard versions served elsewhere. Also enjoyed eating dinner at the Hilton that is connected to the Waldorf, though I usually had the Waldorf Salad for dinner in the Waldorf's lounge, which also featured a very classy and enjoyable low-key jazz group.

I did not rate the location highly because as a resort, it is secluded. I prefer to stay places that are walkable to other attractions, and I was captive at this hotel. However, there is complimentary shuttle service to the Disney attractions.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations as a Business traveler. Please come back and see us again soon for a Leisure visit!
bsearched
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Just back from several days at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. This is my first Waldorf experience and probably my last. I have to compare it to the one time I stayed at the Ritz in Ft Lauderdale. Here are the differences:
1. Apparently the Waldorf does not have any protocol for what to do when a guest pulls up in a taxi. My family and I pulled up in a taxi, we got out of the car and... nothing, zero, nada. Valets were running all over the place, but us? It was like we werent even there. We were not greeted and had to grab our luggage. As we walked towards the front doors, someone finally asked if we needed help with our luggage. We were already walking with it so I said no thank you. They then let me know reception was through the doors on the right.
Okay okay, I am not one of those high maintenance people that need my hands held, but for a 5 star luxury hotel, I do expect a nicer welcome then that. Here is the same exact scenario I had at the Ritz.
I pulled up in a taxi, someone was standing right there to greet us. They didnt ask if I needed help with my luggage, they introduced themselves, asked my name, grabbed the luggage from the taxi and walked me into the reception area. There was a person in line in front of me. They stayed with me the whole time talking to me about the hotel. When it was my turn, they introduced me to the person behind the counter and professionally handed me off. When checkin was done, they handed me off to a bellhop that took us to our room. He showed us how to use the a/c and told us all about the hotel. At no time did it appear anyone expected a tip (though I did tip everyone). THAT was the reception I was expecting from the Waldorf.
2. This part pretty much killed it for me. I was already feeling ignored, but then getting nickel and dimed didnt help. I booked the Waldorf before the $25/day resort fee. The resort fee included internet and a few other things. I think the fitness center was free anyway, but I am really not sure. In any case, I called corporate asking if I will need to pay the fee since I agreed on the rate and reserved the room before the fee was implemented. They told me no and put a message in my reservation to "waive the resort fee." I feel most people would agree, "waive the resort fee" means, I still get what the fee would normally include, but the fee is being waived (not the benefits). At least that was my understanding when I contacted corporate.
So I already do not feel welcomed and now the receptionist tells me the resort fee is waived, however everything is ala'cart. I want to use the fitness center, $10/day. Internet $15/day, etc...
I couldnt believe it, but it really set the tone for the rest of my stay. I thought it was very unfair, felt "bait and switched" and could not believe they would even consider losing a customer (plus the bad PR) for $25/day.
Again, it could have been a bad week or something, others apparently had a great time at this hotel and it is a beautiful hotel, but for me, I am not planning to return again.

4 Thank bsearched
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. One of the cornerstones of the Waldorf Astoria experience brand-wide is unparalleled service and I assure you that the problems you mentioned with valet have been addressed accordingly. I'm also disappointed to hear about the misunderstanding while attempting to use our signature amenities. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues. I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will come back for an improved experience.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Luxury was the subject in this hotel.
Location : inside disneyland with free shuttles from the hotel front door to all 4 theme parks and DownTown Disney ..shuttle is excellent and is almost every hour. Dont forget to have and check time table for exact times.
Staff were Excellent and friendly.
I booked the Superior King Room. It was very spacious, bathroom was Huge with above average amenities (Salvatore Ferragamo). Coffee machine with daily supply is an advantage.

Highly Recommended .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so happy your loved your visit with us! Please come back and see us again soon!
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Gorgeous hotel, staff are exceptionally nice and friendly, rooms are beautifully appointed, food is exquisite, pool area is great for both families and couples. Ten stars!! ... our FAVORITE hotel!
My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice; once before our daughter was born for our birthdays and once after for our anniversary. As a single couple we stayed during the Easter holiday and dined at the Bull & Bear; one of the best meals we've ever had! Our room had a view of the evening fireworks and was very comfortable and quiet. After our daughter was born we stayed as a family in October and again had a view of the evening fireworks. The in-room dining was remarkable and out of this world! We love that the room has a nearly full kitchen and dining area. Our daughter loved sleeping on the sofa bed, which their staff made up for her and even added her stuffed animals to make her feel at home. Their service and staff are amazing and treat you like royalty. We visited the Hilton's pool & lazy river next door and experienced great service there, as well. We highly recommend this hotel and will return again!

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a room with a view of the evening fireworks!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
WA_Orlando, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are ecstatic that you had such a wonderful time at our property! We hope you come back and see us again soon!