“Benchmark for all 5 star hotels”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #27 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Tampa, Florida
“Benchmark for all 5 star hotels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

A friend and I had the opportunity to spend the night at Waldorf recently. Everything including valet, front desk, food, drinks, rooms, etc was perfect. I wish I could have stayed longer but my friend spent an extra night and was amazed with the level of service and quality of everything. Gabriel at the front desk spent some time with us describing and showing us what the hotel has to offer. Thought it was a nice touch (He even remembered our names later on). I would go back in a heartbeat and would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SLSTampa_812
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that one of our team members impacted your stay so much! We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Easy place to miss, their actual address is different that the one listed, and the GPS landed me in the middle of a nursery school. Once we arrived though, it was wonderful. Even our basic room was sumptuous, the staff, especially the bell men were especially helpful and friendly. We had "Stormy Night" and "Blackberry Cobbler" cocktails at the bar along with a wonderful cheese plate. By California standards, it was not that expensive and worth the few extra dollars. Property has a gym, multiple pools, and a spa -lots to do. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We just had a basic room and it was still nice. Check the travel sites for special deals.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelgirl1055
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our various signature cocktails at Peacock Alley. We hope to host you as our guest soon!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently cashed in some credit card rewards for a night at Waldorf Astoria Orlando. We live in Oralndo, so this was just a little relaxation and fun for my family. First impressions are everything and this hotel got it right. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. After checking us in, the receptionist actually walked us to the elevator as she gave us a quick overview of the hotel and property. Our room was stunning! I was glad that I chose not to upgrade to a Disney view because our room overlooked the pool and could not have been more beautiful. I would not even recommend spending extra on the balcony, as the windows are so huge. We spent most of our two days at the Hilton pool. Although, I missed out on the quiet and luxurious Waldorf pool, it was really not a sacrifice. Our kids LOVED the Hilton pool with its lazy river and slide! My husband and I also enjoyed it. Of course it is busier and louder, but it is FUN! I especially enjoyed the music that the DJ played on Saturday afternoon. The food and drinks that we purchased at the pool were delicious. And, shhh...they allow (or ignore) drinks being taken into the pool which just somehow makes everything just a little more enjoyable:) One more tip...we tried to save money by parking in the Hilton parking garage. The valet-only parking at the Waldorf is around $20 per night. The Hilton is $13 per night, if you don't leave the garage. Each time you exit the garage you have to pay, so it could end up being more than the valet at Waldorf.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Love2Travel1616
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are thrilled that you chose us to host your staycation! Please come back again soon to your home away from home!
St.Augustine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am a Hilton Gold member so I was upgraded to a suite with a balcony overlooking the gorgeous golf course. Room was spectacular with robes, slippers, Nespesso machine, free Internet, two free drinks in the bar. I forgot my make up bag so the spa was a big help in sorting that out for me. The beds at the Waldorf's are so comfortable and the pillows make the sleep experience divine.
I dined at the bar and chose a delicious portobello mushroom grilled sandwich. It was huge- really big enough to share. I was tempted by a red velvet cake for dessert but decided to pass. :-(

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GraceWSt_Augustine
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that as a Gold HHonors member you felt recognized and appreciated for your loyalty. Please come back and see us again soon!
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I am hilton Diamond member and stayed for single night with my wife for an event. The hotel is a little out of the way but practically on Disney property. The Waldorf is right next to the Hilton hotel and share convention space. This is the second stay at this hotel for me and just as good as the first time. The front desk staff were way more than helpful and friendly. I was upgraded to a suite with view of Disney fireworks and with a nice balcony. The common grounds are perfectly maintained and super clean. Rooms are every bit as clean. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The AC is central so nice and quite. Large flat screen TV with HD channels. Towels in bathroom were very nice. Had both a shower and Tub.

As a Diamond I was given two drink coupons for the bar, free wifi, and I think they waived the resort charge if there is one. Parking was a bit steep at $24 day. The Pool is beautiful. Hotel has a private bus that will take you to the parks with TV inside for the kids,

This is what every Waldorf should be measured by. I really cant think of anything I would change.

Room Tip: Ask for a disney view which are rooms facing toward Back of Hotel and not toward the front entrance...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Traveler_ko
WA_Orlando, Front Office Manager at Waldorf Astoria Orlando, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much fore reviewing your stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed so many of our in room and property amenities during your stay! Please come back and see us again soon!
Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Waldorf for the 5 nights as the first part of my honeymoon. Both my husband and I were very impressed. The breakfast was a bit expensive but absoultly beautiful. All the staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. I know tipping is a big thing in America but we did not feel under pressure to tip. The hotel was amazing, our room was gorgeous, very clean and had everything we needed and more. I liked that the hotel was linked to the Hilton and you could walk through to it (worth the walk just for the views and comes in handy when the rain comes in the afternoon!)

Top tip... Town cars are deffinatly worth using as the Taxi drivers hear a different accent and charge you extra for being a tourist, we got ripped off once then used the town cars the rest of our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for reviewing our property. We were so happy to host you for your Honeymoon. Please come back and stay with us for your anniversary!
Windermere, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I got the wonderful privilege to spend my birthday eating at the amazing restaurant the Bull and Bear where they know us by name and give privileges such as free dessert since we are regulars. The room is always immaculate and so romantic. From the plush bed to the wonderful decor, the room made my birthday very special. Room service is always fast and efficient. The staff is always willing to do anything to make our stay extraordinary. The singers in the lounge actually sang special songs for me just for my birthday and just made the night magical. Everything about the Waldorf is just amazing and my favorite place to be

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. We are ecstatic that we were able to make your birthday so special! We hope to see you again next year for your special day!