“Great Stay and Service”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #28 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We recently stayed a week at Waldorf in Orlando and we really enjoyed the hotel and the service. Pleasant and polite service throughout, The rooms were clean and comfortable. We used the shuttles daily to get to various parks and they ran reliably and on time every day. We have really found that the Waldorf properties are all excellent and we generally now look for them whenever we travel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 30, 2012

My college girlfriends and I take an annual trip every year in January and this year we decided on Orlando. We stayed 4 nights at the Waldorf and found it to be wonderful, relaxing and worthy of returning.

The service was excellent. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast daily and we particularly enjoyed the granola - I asked the server if they ever provided the recipe.... and he responded that he would send the chef out to talk to us. The chef emerged a few minutes later with a printed recipe and gave us tips on how to make the granola. Now that's good service. :) The restaurant manager came around during our breakfast to ask how we enjoyed everything - he told us that the secret to their bread pudding is that it's made with croissants and the secret to their croissants is imported French butter. Again, fantastic service. At some places, the service can seem forced but the service at the Waldorf was superb but casual, never forced and fake.

We spent a lot of time out by the pool. They have absolutely delicious drinks - we ordered drinks by the pitcher and individually. We are a picky group - we want the watermelon mojitos without simple syrup, gin and tonics with cucumber instead of lime, some bloody marys super spicy, some not spicy - our servers were cheerful and efficient, they filled every order accurately.

The rooms are fantastic - well appointed, good sheets, and spacious bathrooms. We had a suite and the suite had a fantastic balcony and Nespresso coffee maker, a wet bar, plenty of wine glasses and a refrigerator.

Overall, a great resort, one that I would not hesitate to recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have been traveling to Orlando for 15 years, and this hotel is one of the nicest I have experienced in the Orlando area. The service was sincere and friendly.

It was especially refreshing not to be "nickeled and dimed" to death.

The lobby bar is a great setting.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This was my first visit to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, I have been loyal to the Waldorf=Astoria and The Towers of the Waldorf=Astoria in New York. I live in Tampa, therefore always make the drive back home, but I decided to stay in MCO this time around.

I was there for two nights in December, I feel bad it's taken me this long to write a review about how amazing the property is. While the entire staff is great, my hat goes off to Nicki Gonda, but ESPECIALLY to Michelle Maynard. I had various special requests on which Michelle truly outdid herself. She has such a passion for what she does it makes me feel great she is part of the Waldorf Astoria team, what an asset!!!!!!!!!

The hotel grounds are kept impeccable, room was one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in, Oscar's was Oscar's, delicious!!!!---Upon check-out I decided it definitely wasn't a goodbye or a farewell, but an I'll see you later. I can't wait to be check-in again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Just returned from the Waldorf after a two week stay stay and we are already planning our next trip.
I have worked all my adult life in the hotel industry and this Hotel has everything.
On arrival my wife and I and our 18yo were greeted warmly, and told we were being upgraded to a suite which was superb, quality furniture, lovely bathroom and an excellent balcony overlooking the wonderful golf course. We had complimentary wine on arrival and a fridge full of complimentary sodas, which my daughter took full advantage of.
The hotel is immaculate, Peacock alley the main lounge bar is brilliant you can relax with the excellant piano player through the week or the equally good band at the weekend. The cocktail waitresses were brilliant very professional and nothing was too much trouble. My 18yo loved it here as she could take advantage of the free wifi too keep in touch back home. Breakfast was great at the hotel was great(especially as BA holidays provided us with free vouchers) great selection of fruit, pastries an omelette station, cheese, meats and a hot buffet, the chef even prepared fresh juices every day, my favourite was apple and pomegranite.
I played golf on the wonderfull Rees Jones course but it was very busy with a conference staying. Very slow play but I still enjoyed myself.
My family and I cannot wait to return to the Waldorf

Room Tip: Any high floor is a great view, Pool view gives you a firework view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alan m
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Overall great property. we have visited several times and consistently good.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Waldorf Astoria -Orlando is a lovely hotel nestled in close reach of Disney via shuttle. The rooms were spacious and clean and the pool service was very good. The gym was outstanding in terms of newness and cleanliness of equipment. The breakfast and lunch service was polite and the food was good. The dinner service at the main floor steak house was less than so. We arrived when it was not busy and the service was fine. However, half way through the meal service slowed and after dinner when we wanted coffee we were ignored. Getting a refill and then the bill was also a problem. The main meal was also overpriced especially given the quantity. The spa was lovely and the massage was great. The front desk however was snooty and slow. I wanted to make an appt. and the next day purchase some perfume and they were slow to respond. Without telling me, when I was checking out, and about to sign for my bill I was told they automatically billed 20% for a tip for my massage.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are nice and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business