“Out with the Grand Floridian,In with the Waldorf Astoria!”

Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Ranked #25 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Out with the Grand Floridian,In with the Waldorf Astoria!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We always stayed at the Grand Floridian when visiting WDW/Orlando area. The Grand Floridian has not renovated the bathrooms since they have opened their doors for business & we finally got sick and tired of paying the exorbitant prices for the Grand Floridian. We looked for a luxury hotel to stay in and we found out that a Waldorf Astoria had built a new hotel within the WDW complex. JACKPOT! Let me just say,WOW! We got a steal at $199 for deluxe rm with Disney view and upon arrival upgraded to a suite with a balcony and a view of Epcot. The rooms are luxurious,beautifully done with high end furnishings. The bathroom is huge but has only single vanity. Has a soaking tub and stand shower with glass doors, Our suite has a bar/dining area and a large living rm & bedroom was separate. We never received the turn down service but the daily housekeeping was excellent.
I used the pool,gym and ate at both restaurants,every aspect was top notch and satisfying. Bull & Bear was fancy schmancy but you do not have to be dressed tho the nine when dining here. Food was very good,not excellent but good. If you must have breakfast,get the buffet. Fresh squeeze juices,pear/strawberry/orange/grapefruit/carrot/pomegranate..etc. Italian spread of prosciutto/salami/fine cheeses/nuts/olives...etc. French pastries...the best banana pancakes! There's a lot more well worth the $28 pp
I don't like ordering in but you must try their room service!
I thought I was going to miss being on the monorail but the hotel has a shuttle (tour bus) that makes stops at all the WDW parks. Very professional and comfortable.
They are connected with the Hilton and you can easily walk to Hilton to try their restaurants.
Try La Luce! We went their twice and both times, the food was outstanding!

3 Thank affluent_traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Lovely, new, clean, comfy, great restaurants, staff great, Harry Potter on the pay to view!!, fantastic steak house (best steak of my life!), beautiful (if a little costly) spa. We were only there for 2 nights. The hotel was full but you wouldn't know it. There was a very large conference going on in the adjoining conference centre but we were very well looked after and never had to wait for anything. Would love to go there again. Only one sticky - the in room AC was very noisy and I couldn't turn off one part of it. May have just been my room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jackie2407
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This hotel was top notch in every way. Super decorating throughout! Classy, with history to draw from the Waldorf heritage, but updated with a modern twist. Not at all cold or overly modern. The Peacock Alley bar was perfect for an afternoon cocktail. Jazz music in the evenings! The Bull and Bear is fantastic. Pricey, but worth every penny. We were late for the Sunday Steak and Eggs brunch, but they let us in anyway. Brunch was fantastic--and a good deal for the quality/amount of food/drinks. Sir Harry's Lounge is a masculine, dark, perfect place for a manhattan. They even had college football on in the back. Late night was a live band. The female singer was a bit rusty, but the band was overall entertaining. The cheese and olives were a nice touch! The pool was fantastic. Clean, clean, clean! So was the workout facility. Great equipment, flavored water, chilled towels available. What more could you want? The room was fantastic. Clean, classy! Comfortable. The only thing I wish there was is a double sink so that two could get ready without bumping into each other. A separate room for toilet would also have been a nice added touch. (We were in a suite, afterall.) The free shuttle to Disney was an added bonus! Easy and quick!! Free internet and print outs in the lobby. Free newspapers. Free shoe shines. Free cocktail coupons. Free coffee in the AM. Great value, great service.

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the place, I'm sure.
1 Thank Jen L
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Having been to Orlando five times in the past year we have stayed at the Waldorf four of those times, however I wish it was five but we opted to try the Ritz once. The Waldorf simply nails it every time. The location, the staff, the food, the rooms and the beds are just some of the great features of this truly perfect hotel. Kids or no Kids, business or pleasure, a week or weekend this place will be a perfect fit, I wish there was one in every major city. Bull and Bear steak house is to die for, having eaten at most all major steak houses in most major cities this place can easily go into my top three. If they sold the beds and the bed sheets, there would be one on its way to me right now. Do yourself a favor and stay here, make it easy on yourself and I should mention not so easy on the wallet ;)

1 Thank BDH1919
UK
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Travelling - myself, husband, daughter 17 and son 15.
We arrived after a long flight from the UK, picked up our car and drove straight to the Waldorf. I am a Hilton honors gold member and had used points for the stay. I was expecting a stuffy hotel with expensive food and drinks and nice but small rooms.

When we pulled up to the hotel I was surprised as the porte corchere doesnt look like any other hotel I've visited. The main doors are frosted so you can't see through and it's really quite simple.

Bell hops took the luggage and valet parked the car as we had no immediate plans to use it.

We were offered cold water and towels and checked in with no fuss and straight up to the room. At this point I must say how great the bell hops and valets are. I seem to remember one called Steve who always remembered us and always had a smile and a chat. When we arrived at the room we were told we had been upgraded to a suite and wow what a great upgrade.
We had two rooms with two bathrooms and a lounge with wet bar/kitchen area. The rooms were large, flatscreen TV's, very comfortable bedding and balconies. It was all great.

We ate at the pool bar that night. The menu was upscale and the price reflected this. Good quality food in a nice setting.

We used the bar every night but didn't eat in the other restaurants.

Pool service was good too.

My husband and son played 2 rounds of golf and said they were the best rounds of the holiday - better than the Disney courses with better service.

My daughter was going to use the Guerlain Spa but they were fully booked so if you want to take advantage then pre book.

So to sum up it was a great stay, helped of course by the upgrade, but we loved it so much we are returning for New Years Eve.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sraj
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The Waldorf Astoria Orlando completely overwhelmed my wife and I with hospitality over a short birthday weekend getaway. From the moment we arrived the hotel staff made us feel like welcome guests in their amazing home - and what a home! The hotel is impeccable clean, bright and airy, with suprisingly serene views of the Disney properties in the distance. Everyone seems to genuinely appreciate that you have come to visit and strives to take care of anything you need.

It was my wife's birthday and I had only left a simple note in the online reservation (which I had forgotten about), and when we arrived we were greeted with a spectacular room upgrade to a suite with a balcony overlooking the property and Disney Lands beyond. After we unpacked and enjoyed the balcony view with a glass of wine, there was a knock at the door with a complementary bottle of spakling Domaine Chandon and some chocolate covered strawberries. the Suite itself was large and luxuriously appointed with a ful wet bar and dining area, comfortable living room area with an awesome HDTV and sound system. The seperate bed room and spacious bathroom gave us plenty of room to get ready for the evening together.

We were unable to get reservation for the hotel's Bull & Bear restaurant, but the concierge was able to suggest the bar area which had a perfectly romantic small table available. Our server delightfully took great care of us with an excellent wine selection, nice conversation, and a special dessert offer. The meal was all excellent and perfectly prepared, with a creative take on Steak Frites.

The next day we both enjoyed the Guerlin Spa, which rivals the service and quality of the local Ritz Carlton Spa. The facilites and talent of the massuesse are absolutely on par with any of the best in town.

As a very frequent business traveller, I am ordinarily underwhelmed by the service and attention given by most high-end hotels. So it was really a very special effort, across all areas of this Waldorf Astoria, that impressed me enough to reccommend this Hotel to anyone looking for very special treatment and a genuine, feel-good, relaxing escape from the ordinary hotel experience. This is a luxury hotel that felt balanced and not stuffy; adult but not boring. I will definiately be back and am recommending it to all my local friends who like to take advantage of what the Disney Scene has to offer from time to time.

In fact, this visit has caused me to reconsider all my business travel in favor of Hilton properties, so that I can enjoy this hotel many times over, using my Hilton Honors Points.

2 Thank CFRHallett
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I've stayed here a few times before, and I am continually wowed, particularly by the staff. We traveled very light and didn't need bell service, but we were taken to our room by a member of the staff who was very polite, friendly and easy to talk to. The entire staff was wonderfully prompt with any requests, such as bringing the car around when we were ready to head out, and they made sure that we never needed anything.

We stayed in a suite, which worked out very well. Having the extra living space allowed the night owls to get along with the early bird! The hotel is in a great location -- right there at Disney, but can feel worlds away if you want it to -- and the grounds and building are gorgeous.

All in all, it was a wonderful trip where my expectations were met and then exceeded again and again. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and we'll absolutely be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family